Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How are host teams compensated for the cost of hosting?

Started by hogfanboy2, June 02, 2017, 05:04:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfanboy2

Do they get a percentage of ticket sales?
A flat rate doesn't seem right given  the cost of hosting at schools would vary greatly

Hawgzinbowlz

Pages 9-11 give some information on NCAA Regional and Super Regional minimum financial guarantee requirements...

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017DIMBA_PreRdHostOpsManual_20170524.pdf

flippinhogmana

That also doesn't include what the host team is paid directly by the NCAA for playing.  That plus how many games they play and how far they advance is extra.  Being a host team helps your ability to advance, that adds to the bottom line.  Its not just about the venue dollars and cents.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Hogwild

Quote from: hogfanboy2 on June 02, 2017, 05:04:06 pm
Do they get a percentage of ticket sales?
A flat rate doesn't seem right given  the cost of hosting at schools would vary greatly

Yes the host site must submit a bid a minimum of 50K, for the Super Regionals it is 35K. 
The NCAA then gets 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the hosting proposal, but covers all costs (hotels, transportation, meals, officials....)
All regionals have minimum ticket prices set by the NCAA, an a number of tickets (200) per visiting school are set aside.

The host site is require to have certain things the almost all SEC programs have in place.  Insurance, lights, rental cars, bat testing...