Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Inside....ICYMI

Started by CJ HOG, June 01, 2017, 09:46:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ HOG

You may want to check out SEC Inside "SEC Baseball Tournament" if you missed it Wed. evening. Airs again a few times tonight into Sat. morning. (6:30 pm Thurs. ,1:30 am and 5:30 am Sat.)

It's a synopsis of the semifinals & finals with some audio from down on the field and inside the dugouts. Other than having to relive Lswho's win again, it's a pretty cool 30 min. summation put together fairly well. Anyways, thought some of you might enjoy it

Chuck Boarris

I watched it last night. I thought it was put together very well. 

hawg1221

Thanks. I think I'll record it.

TebowHater

TebowHater

That was cool. Amazing to hear the things the coaches say.

Pregame:
DVH to PM: "Did you hear all the nice things I said about you in the press conference yesterday?! You're going to get a raise!"
DVH: "I don't know about you guys, but when that plane flew over it gave me goosebumps"
PM: "Anyone know what kind of plane that was!?" DVH: "Not a stealth" PM: "B17" (very proud of himself)

From before first pitch:
DVH: "Kopps didn't throw a single strike in warm-ups."
PM to his batter Roberson: "He didn't throw a single strike in warm-ups. Take a strike."
DVH: "Wow, I think PM just went and told his batter not swing until he throws a strike"
First pitch, low and inside, called a strike...
PM: "Guess if you hit the mit today it's a strike"...proved true for his team, at least. He goes on the entire inning just in awe of the guy's strike zone. Talks about how normally zone starts small in top of first and then expands.

Midgame:
"Looks like it's going to be a chess match with me and ol Dave today"

After slide incident:
DVH comes running out saying "he slid straight in!"
PM, immediately: "Don't worry about it! It was clean, if there was something wrong he would have called him out! No problem." Was very classy.

From play at plate:
DVH: "I'd like to appeal that one...he never touched the plate...he tagged him in the head"
Ump: "You want us to take a look?"
DVH: "That'd be great."

From decision to walk Spanberger:
PM mound visit: "Do you have control of your breaking ball?..it was just one that got away that hit the guy?"
Pitcher Newman: "Yes sir"
PM: "Ok, we are going to walk Spanberger and you're going to go get Bonfield with a breaking ball...exact same thing we did last time in Fayetteville, ok"
DVH: "Oh they're not gonna walk him...tell me they're not gonna walk him (rhetorically)...because Bonny is about to send one in the gap"

They didn't share too much audio, but would be really fascinating to watch a live stream where you could hear the coaches (obviously millions of reasons this isn't practical - just would be cool)