Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alcohol in the hog pen for regionals?

Started by SoCalHogFan, May 30, 2017, 09:18:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalHogFan

So I've been to games in the past, and alcohol was always allowed in a cooler. I noticed the disclaimer saying absolutely no alcohol would be permitted. Y'all think this is an empty threat to comply with NCAA rules, or have they actually been enforcing this? I haven't been since super regionals two years ago.
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special." <br />  Jim Valvano 1993 ESPYs

Pig Power

HAWG MAFIA

I'd like to know for sure before i drag a cooler up to the gate

dotnet

I don't think you're going to get an official answer on what rule breaking will be allowed

DZ

no glass containers, keep it in a cup, don't be an idiot. you should be fine.

onebadrubi

The super vs mizz st was the same way but it will "overlooked".  Never let the beer be seen, pour it into a cup inside the cooler and keep empties in cooler.  You pull it out and they have to come by.  They want to play dumb for your sake but have to keep an eye on it.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: HAWG MAFIA on May 31, 2017, 08:20:27 am
I'd like to know for sure before i drag a cooler up to the gate
I'll make you a deal.....I'll drag your cooler up to the gate.  If they let us in you owe me half the beer.  If they don't I'll drag the dang thing back to my car and keep all the beer. 8) :razorback:

HogFansReunited

They always say that but I've always been able to get alcohol in. He'll, I've even got a security guy to watch my cooler for me so I could sit in my seats and gave him a beer after the game. As long as you don't get hammered or make it obvious that you are drinking you should be fine.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hogfan14

They may be more strict about it since the NCAA is technically the one hosting the event. But I'm not sure if this is the same wording they normally use for every game.

QuoteWith a capacity crowd anticipated for the Hog Pen area and in an effort to accommodate as many fans as possible, please note cooler entry may be limited and/or stopped as we approach capacity in order to accommodate all ticketed fans.

Per the NCAA, no alcoholic beverages shall be delivered, sold or dispensed for public consumption anywhere in the competition venue, nor shall any such beverages be brought to the site during the championship (i.e., during the period from the time access is available to spectators until all patrons have left the stadium). Coolers and any bags entering the Hog Pen will be searched to ensure compliance with the NCAA's policy.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogfan14 on May 31, 2017, 07:02:46 pm
They may be more strict about it since the NCAA is technically the one hosting the event. But I'm not sure if this is the same wording they normally use for every game.

See my reply number 5 above.  Was also an NCAA event.