Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vincent Hunter

Started by bolo1010, January 22, 2006, 01:39:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bolo1010

he was getting some good mins until a few games ago...i thought he got hurt or something because he didnt play at all against either LSU or Vandy

and dont get me wrong..i like Hunter's hustle on the court but is it me...or is he the clumsiest player in the NCAA?

pigfeet

Quote from: bolo1010 on January 22, 2006, 01:39:18 am
he was getting some good mins until a few games ago...i thought he got hurt or something because he didnt play at all against either LSU or Vandy

and dont get me wrong..i like Hunter's hustle on the court but is it me...or is he the clumsiest player in the NCAA?

WTH..... He's the best player in the NCAA.

stronguard

He is soft.  If you are 6'9" you should be getting some dirty work done.  He just floats out near the perimeter.  Even on defense.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

bolo1010

he's not scared to shoot the 3....although he should be

Ugly Uncle

I like him.  Hope he sees some more time.  McCurdy nees much more though.
Retired Radio Host

_Collin1

January 22, 2006, 03:39:18 am #5 Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 02:35:37 pm by BigC51
applauds to you... this summed him up perfect.

I love how we sub him in when Hill and Townes are in Foul trouble and all he does is float around the perimiter....  He is worthless as a big man, send in McGowan
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Boarcephus

Quote from: BigC51 on January 22, 2006, 03:39:18 am
applauds to you... this summed him up perfect.

I love how we sub him in when Hill and Townes are in Foul trouble and all he does is flaot around the perimiter.... He is worthless big man, send in McGowan

Safe to say he's not been what lots of folks envisioned when he came here.  Someone needs to point out to him that that's a "6" in front of the "9" and not a "5" when he checks his vitals in the program.   He's not a 5-9 guard with great shooting skills, he's a 6-9 inside player who can't beat me in a game of H-O-R-S-E.  Needs to play the game he's suited for instead of the one he's playing.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

mbgrulz

he would be a great addition to the ASU or UALR squad. he cant play in the SEC though.

_Collin1

Quote from: hog caller on January 22, 2006, 02:25:01 pm
has ark offered the kicker from mt home a schollie.i could get one if i could kick a 50yarder a 55 yareder and a 60 yarder in competion at the parade all american game. he won the competition hands down but no word at all on him have i heard. can't remember the kids name, tj or something to that effect.

Way to derail the post....
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

TheSportsGuy

i love his heart, but he is just not the caliber player the hogs need at an sec evel of competition.  but who knows, he might just add 50 pounds and become an nba all-star one day.  what he has right now is potential and skin and bones.  that and a quarter will get him a cup of coffee.

Sonofahog

When he was a freshman he had a lot of energy and ripped down rebounds like a madman.  Then he got hurt.  I sure would like to see him be like he was as a freshman.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Tomhog™

To me Vincent has been a big disappointment.  He seems to get injured a lot and has probably missed half of his career at Arkansas due to them...

jkstock04

He's horrible...I guess he thinks he can shoot the three, but from what I've seen it's usually only bricks he throws upl.  He's worthless in my opinion.....there was a lot of hype about him and of course he hasn't lived up to it....kinda like Dontell Jefferson.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

johnny cash

I am with you jkstock.  He reminds me of a player from past named Shawn Davis from Maud Texas.  I wonder if any one remembers that  useless talent

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: johnny cash on January 22, 2006, 07:38:47 pm
I am with you jkstock. He reminds me of a player from past named Shawn Davis from Maud Texas. I wonder if any one remembers that useless talent

I liked Shawn - but he was a square peg in a round hole.  Nice guy but was used to the old country small High School bball that doesn't cut it with the fast pace Nolan was implementing.

Bacon out...

silvertip

Hunter has had a variety of knee & ankle injuries all season. That plus his skinny frame has limited him so far. The coaches and players are excited about what he can do if he ever gets healthy. Meanwhile, you people saying he's "worthless" are totally clueless.

mbgrulz

what clues would lead us to believe that he will ever be anything but a sub-par player? we see the guy take the court and suck. so what if the coaches see a different player in practice. they say steven hill is dominant on O in practice, but if it doesnt translate to a game, it as good as tits on a boar hog.

Sonofahog

Hunter isn't worthless.  But he isn't very valuable either.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

stronguard

No, he isn't worthless.

He could be a coatrack, a paperweight, a doorstop, a 6'9" fry cook, or even a Washington General. 

But he should not be in the SEC.  And silvertip, if you think he belongs on an SEC team, well then you are probably quite pleased at the last 4 years of Hawgball.  Sub-standard and Mediocre talent  =  Sub-Standard and Mediocre results.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: stronguard on January 22, 2006, 09:16:58 pm
No, he isn't worthless.

He could be a ..... Washington General.

That right there is funnier than lawyer jokes...

Bacon out...

bolo1010

Quote from: stronguard on January 22, 2006, 09:16:58 pm
No, he isn't worthless.

He could be a coatrack, a paperweight, a doorstop, a 6'9" fry cook, or even a Washington General.

But he should not be in the SEC. And silvertip, if you think he belongs on an SEC team, well then you are probably quite pleased at the last 4 years of Hawgball. Sub-standard and Mediocre talent = Sub-Standard and Mediocre results.

you forgot waterboy

razorhead69

Is it still basketball season?

Ugly Uncle

This is really stupid.  We have guys that are out there.  So...maybe they are not SEC caliber in YOUR opinion.  Who knows your opinion could be correct.  If that is true it is not their fault, it is the coaches for not recruiting better, for not being able to recruit better, or not developing them better.  But the guys don't get paid.  They put on the cardinal and red and go out and represent our state and our University.  So, these unpaid kids we rip to shreds and call them worthless.  That is an embarrassment. 

Why don't we save our criticism for the millionares that are coaching them.  Not the kids trying to get a solid education and doing there best to represent us.  You know, the kids...KIDS that love being hogs.
Retired Radio Host

94 Hawg

Quote from: bolo1010 on January 22, 2006, 01:39:18 am

hyperextended toenail or summat ::)   he always seems to be hurt
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Coachjy

Hunter weighs 180 pounds or something like that. Tell me what big man in the SEC he can guard! How bout, Big Baby or Morris, yeah right. He could be pushed around by an 8th grader. He should have spent his year off in the weight room and eating McDonalds Big Mac's. He needs to add at least 30 pounds if he wants to be a factor in the SEC.