Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Lashlee is moving on from Aubbie

Started by ricepig, January 11, 2017, 08:48:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Where is the guy who supposedly knew about all of the skeletons in Lashlee's closet but wouldn't share any of them?

He said the other day no one would hire him because of all the secret stuff.

Nipsey Mussle

I'm laughing at anyone who truly believes he simply left because he wanted to carve his own path.

You don't leave the SecW for the AAC, while taking a 42% (!) decrease in salary. Why don't you go and tell your wife you're taking a job with 42% less salary and then see how amenable she is to that.

Lashlee was moved in the exact same way Robb Smith was moved. Lashlee, Gus, or whoever, hasn't been getting it done on orchestrating an offense. Lashlee and Gus especially have failed miserably with coaching QB's. Franklin and Johnson look like they haven't practiced a single day since getting to Auburn.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 12, 2017, 12:11:22 am
Where is the guy who supposedly knew about all of the skeletons in Lashlee's closet but wouldn't share any of them?

They were full of it, I'm sure, BUT taking a significant decrease in pay and going to one of the worst offenses in the nation, might also lend some credence to their claim.

Supermark101

Quote from: LZH on January 11, 2017, 08:49:01 pm
UConn? Wth? I guess that means he was being asked to leave?

Remember when Gus left Arkansas for Tulsa. I'm just sayin.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AP85 on January 11, 2017, 10:05:04 pm
One of northwest Arkansas' golden children. Sounds like a dream in the making for the hill folk.

NOT even close...........one of a single high school's golden boys. There are a lot of high schools and people in NWA that can't stand anything affiliated with Shiloh.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 12, 2017, 06:23:46 am
NOT even close...........one of a single high school's golden boys. There are a lot of high schools and people in NWA that can't stand anything affiliated with Shiloh.

^^^this
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Supermark101 on January 12, 2017, 03:20:23 am
Remember when Gus left Arkansas for Tulsa. I'm just sayin.

So, you are comparing Gus & Rhett's situation to HDN & Gus's?
That's apples and coconuts

AirWarren

Quote from: factchecker on January 11, 2017, 11:07:32 pm
Nope.  Bulls-eye.

1. Don't live in Warren.
2. Probably better off than you.
3. Warren 15-0 state champs>7-6

I win all the way around. Well, I may not be the message board quip that you seem to be. Keep up the great work.

Supermark101

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 12, 2017, 06:39:45 am
So, you are comparing Gus & Rhett's situation to HDN & Gus's?
That's apples and coconuts

I'm saying there is more reasono to take a job that is a step back than being asked to leave.

Dr. Starcs

Porked Tongue

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 12, 2017, 12:11:22 am

He said Arkansas wouldn't and make no mistake this was a demotion.

The_Iceman

Hogarusa

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on January 12, 2017, 02:54:28 am
I'm laughing at anyone who truly believes he simply left because he wanted to carve his own path.

You don't leave the SecW for the AAC, while taking a 42% (!) decrease in salary. Why don't you go and tell your wife you're taking a job with 42% less salary and then see how amenable she is to that.

I imagine the wife will just have to find her way living on a salary of $350,000. Sacrifices will need to be made
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 12, 2017, 07:31:02 am
I imagine the wife will just have to find her way living on a salary of $350,000. Sacrifices will need to be made

If they move to Connecticut there will be. The cost of living there is much higher than where they are now I'd bet.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hog Solo

Probably mutual decision.  I can't imagine any employee would be too thrilled to be made out to be an obvious scape goat last year.

Matt Burks

What's crazy to me is that Rhett Lashlee has very little experience on his resume, that's both for high school and college football positions. I was surprised when he was hired as the OC at Auburn in the first place.

hogsanity

Quote from: Beardog on January 11, 2017, 11:01:22 pm
Lashlee is a good Coach trapped in a tough situation. Gust stayed loyal to his QB from Shiloh and Rhett probably wanted to prove himself somewhere else. There's former Auburn connections up there and the offense he has now has pretty much peaked.

Since UCONN won't affect us in any way, I hope he succeeds on his own. He's relaxed and basically the polar opposite demeanor of Gus. Absolutely not a mini BP.

yet anther poster who is registered for almost a year before making his 1st post, and when he does it is a glowing endorsement of a coach at another school.  Seems to happen alot around here.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on January 11, 2017, 10:43:48 pm
Gus doesn't need an OC.  Just needs an assistant beside him keeping him stocked up with chewing gum.... :)

He needs one with tissue too, it doesn't look good picking your nose with your finger.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: a0ashle on January 11, 2017, 08:54:31 pm
He has to get out from under Gus to prove himself.

The question to me now is who will do the play calling at auburn since ole' Gus gave that up.

Not only that, but an 8-win season isn't going to buy you a lot more time on the Plains. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

younghog

GO HOGS

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 12, 2017, 07:31:02 am

Have you ever seen the difference in cost of living between Auburn, Alabama, and Storrs, Conn.? The cost of living is 30% higher.

Lashlee went from $600K at Auburn to $350K at UConn. Including the difference in cost of living, he took a 55% pay cut.

That is what you do when you are doing whatever it takes to remain employed.
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 12, 2017, 08:32:26 am
Have you ever seen the difference in cost of living between Auburn, Alabama, and Storrs, Conn.? The cost of living is 30% higher.

Lashlee went from $600K at Auburn to $350K at UConn. Including the difference in cost of living, he took a 55% pay cut.

Or if you are desperate to get away from Gus.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2017, 08:35:26 am
Or if you are desperate to get away from Gus.

Is it safe to say he didn't consider the Fayetteville High School opening?

26.2Hog

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on January 12, 2017, 02:54:28 am

You don't leave the SecW for the AAC, while taking a 42% (!) decrease in salary.

Lashlee was moved in the exact same way Robb Smith was moved.

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 12, 2017, 08:32:26 am

^^^^^^^^^^^   

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

a0ashle

It all boils down to, did Lashlee want out or did Gus/PTB want him out.

I just happen to think Lashlee wanted out from under Gus, but I don't know sh it

RedyorNot

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 12, 2017, 07:34:12 am
If they move to Connecticut there will be. The cost of living there is much higher than where they are now I'd bet.

Mansfield, CT is 28% more expensive than Auburn, AL. To maintain the lifestyle he had making $600,000 at Aubbie, he'd have to make $766,116 at Uconn. Lauren's shoe shopping just came to a screeching halt-

lutherheggs

He had to have been pushed out. Given Auburn's offensive inconsistencies this year, I guess Malzahn had to get rid of him.

Going from a $600,000 salary to a $350,000 salary on a 3 yr contract at UConn. Definitely not a voluntary move by Lashlee...just too much money left behind for him to take a flier leaving the SEC for the AAC.

Hoot72

He may have been pushed out, I don't know.   But there is no where else in the country that would hire him as the OC, and then pay him $600,000 a year.  He has called plays for 5 or 6 games.  He has been overpaid for the last 3 or 4 years, he is just now getting paid about what he should.  I hope he succeeds, and does well.  I think it is the right move for him.

Dropkick

Wow, a friend of mine who has a relative playing at Auburn just told me the rumor down there is Lashlee was pushed out to make room for Briles and he's not talking about lil' Briles.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dropkick on January 12, 2017, 10:11:38 am
Wow, a friend of mine who has a relative playing at Auburn just told me the rumor down there is Lashlee was pushed out to make room for Briles and he's not talking about lil' Briles.

Gus's seat must be pretty warm....

ricepig

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/819571794185224193

RedyorNot

Wow...the state of AL is turning into a halfway house for damaged coaches if true.

Dropkick

hogsanity

Quote from: ricepig on January 12, 2017, 10:19:27 am

problem is, Auburn is only built for one type of offense. We have seen that for years, if they do not have a special qb that can take the pounding of running 15 or so times per game, and can throw too, they can't win. This last season was just another example of that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

I hope it's not Chip Kelly.  I am assuming he would be a perfect fit for California.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogsanity

Quote from: code red on January 12, 2017, 10:31:09 am
I hope it's not Chip Kelly.  I am assuming he would be a perfect fit for California.

Yes, Kelly is going to go from NFL HC to OC at Aub, where, regardless of what is said, you are going to have to run Gus' offense.

Ironhawg

Quote from: AP85 on January 11, 2017, 10:05:04 pm
One of northwest Arkansas' golden children. Sounds like a dream in the making for the hill folk.

Why do you feel the need to insult a part of our state?  This isn't the first time you have done it.  I've lived all over the state.  I chose to settle in Northwest Arkansas because I love what the area offers.  Economic growth, good schools, the great outdoors, heck, we're even starting to get some culture up in these here hills.  If you don't want to live up here that's fine and dandy, but I don't understand the need to insult fellow Razorback fans because of where they live.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 12, 2017, 11:01:30 am
Why do you feel the need to insult a part of our state?  This isn't the first time you have done it.  I've lived all over the state.  I chose to settle in Northwest Arkansas because I love what the area offers.  Economic growth, good schools, the great outdoors, heck, we're even starting to get some culture up in these here hills.  If you don't want to live up here that's fine and dandy, but I don't understand the need to insult fellow Razorback fans because of where they live.

It's a classic inferiority complex.

Ironhawg

311Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 12, 2017, 10:19:27 am

How can the OC run the offense at Auburn? they run the HUNH and only the HUNH.  LOL it is like the reverse of the Nutt Gus situation now Gus is Nutt and he is suppose to hire an OC to come in and "run" the offfense.

a0ashle

Quote from: 311Hog on January 12, 2017, 11:18:00 am
How can the OC run the offense at Auburn? they run the HUNH and only the HUNH.  LOL it is like the reverse of the Nutt Gus situation now Gus is Nutt and he is suppose to hire an OC to come in and "run" the offfense.

They can run the offense however they want, so long as it is HUNH-Prairie Dog-Spread Running type offense

hogsanity

Quote from: a0ashle on January 12, 2017, 11:22:19 am
They can run the offense however they want, so long as it is HUNH-Prairie Dog-Spread Running type offense

using the same 3 plays Gus runs 98% of the time.

Oklahawg

Gus has recruited the Baylor transfer, Stidham. The kid has credentials and will be on campus for spring drills. There is a chance a gifted QB saves his butt, again.

Flash back to Auburn vs LSU. That wonky call at the end of the game flipped and LSU lost, IIRC. Miles was fired the next day, or close to it. If Auburn loses there was speculation that Gus was the one to be toast. Even when we played them the TV guys talked about a "hot seat." It would not surprise me for a coach to bail early in an attempt to buy time in his career. Makes it easier for Gus to get re-hired as a HC in 2018 at, say, Texas Tech and Lashlee come back as OC.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Big Boi

My guess is Gus was told to make changes. Lashlee in his best interest did't stay on staff and get reassigned. Rhett is very well thought from what I've read in the past. Been running Gus camps for years and praised for his organization. He has a year under his belt as OC at samford, and a couple SEC games where he called plays. I don't know him personally and not promoting him. It just seems from my view Gus has been told to give up his offense. Reports are the new coordinator will control and call plays. 

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 12, 2017, 11:24:40 am
using the same 3 plays Gus runs 98% of the time.

I wonder if Lashlee will get to take his 4 poster boards with him

hogsanity

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 12, 2017, 11:33:06 am
Gus has recruited the Baylor transfer, Stidham. The kid has credentials and will be on campus for spring drills. There is a chance a gifted QB saves his butt, again.

Flash back to Auburn vs LSU. That wonky call at the end of the game flipped and LSU lost, IIRC. Miles was fired the next day, or close to it. If Auburn loses there was speculation that Gus was the one to be toast. Even when we played them the TV guys talked about a "hot seat." It would not surprise me for a coach to bail early in an attempt to buy time in his career. Makes it easier for Gus to get re-hired as a HC in 2018 at, say, Texas Tech and Lashlee come back as OC.

well you knew if he got a Qb to save him, he would be a transfer from somewhere, Gus' record with recruiting qb's right out of HS is pretty dismal.

The OTR

Quote from: Bigmac2 on January 11, 2017, 10:33:23 pm
Could it be he is trying to get out of a non SEC clause. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at a different SEC school as an OC in a couple of years. I believe there is a plan in place already and this is part of the plan.
Guys I'm no conspiracy theorist but just think about it. Could there be something cooking if BB drops back 6 or 7 wins again for the next couple of years. Could Gus be a part of that plan. This is looking a bit fishy.

LOL!

The OTR