Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If it isn't rhoads,who do u want?

Started by Huds_HawgTide, January 10, 2017, 01:44:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs958

Kevin

I don't think we hit a lot in spring or preseason practice because of cbb's philophy on player safety
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

I understand you don't want your players hurt but there must be some credible contact to be prepared for the season.  We look as if we don't get that in practice.  We look like we quickly choose the first team positions using some sort of criteria and then never look in another direction.  We appear to settle in and basically try and teach those selected players a little walk through, half speed no tackle to the ground crap and call it good.  We aren't conditioned, taught under pressure on mentally prepared to go play this game come game time.  It appears we vary a great deal from game to game on this but the average is about what I mentioned. 

Youngsta71701

Bob Diaco or Charlie Partridge
In our philosophy you have to be able to run the ball on offense and stop the run on defense.
Anybody that can come up with a scheme to stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs and force the offense into 3rd and longs and then play coverage and turn the defensive linemen loose to get to the QB.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Kevin

One vs one tackling is more important in today's game, with teams spreading you out   We have not been good at it in a long time
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bigpig07

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on January 10, 2017, 07:19:52 pm
I understand you don't want your players hurt but there must be some credible contact to be prepared for the season.  We look as if we don't get that in practice.  We look like we quickly choose the first team positions using some sort of criteria and then never look in another direction.  We appear to settle in and basically try and teach those selected players a little walk through, half speed no tackle to the ground crap and call it good.  We aren't conditioned, taught under pressure on mentally prepared to go play this game come game time.  It appears we vary a great deal from game to game on this but the average is about what I mentioned. 

You should go to a practice and see what they do, but that would force you to change your one talk point, and I honestly don't think you are capable of two.

HamSammich

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 10, 2017, 02:56:33 pm
Why is the UA kicking the can down the road on this?

And who honestly thinks changing DC is going to make a real difference?

We've had 4 different coordinators in 4 years and the end results have still been the same.

Ding ding ding

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

LZH

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2017, 10:38:33 am
I want him as the Hog Head coach ASAP.

Yikes. 1091 would squirt his shorts as his head exploded.

TushCrush

What I would really like to see? Pick a Hogville expert every week and let them run the defense however they please. Then we fire them every Monday.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: TushCrush on January 11, 2017, 01:12:49 pm
What I would really like to see? Pick a Hogville expert every week and let them run the defense however they please. Then we fire them every Monday.
Lol...I would love to see the Hogville crew have a chance as well...That would be too fun and funny... ;D

Redhogs

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 11, 2017, 01:18:41 pm
Lol...I would love to see the Hogville crew have a chance as well...That would be too fun and funny... ;D
And probably no worse than last year's defense.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Redhogs on January 11, 2017, 01:41:01 pm
And probably no worse than last year's defense.
Your right. Hard to get any worse than that.

Muskliketusk

Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Sportster365

At this point my only fear is if we land a DC that's worth his salt and manages to turn this defense around.... chances are he won't be around for long. Then where does that leave us, right back at square 1.

Same goes for the OC. If he leaves we're right back at square 1 again. Lets face it we've got a cheerleader as a head coach and at best a RBs coach.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 11, 2017, 05:28:34 pm
At this point my only fear is if we land a DC that's worth his salt and manages to turn this defense around.... chances are he won't be around for long. Then where does that leave us, right back at square 1.

Same goes for the OC. If he leaves we're right back at square 1 again. Lets face it we've got a cheerleader as a head coach and at best a RBs coach.
This is why a lot of people want Arkansas guys at these positions. They think they love Arkansas so much that they want leave. Which could be the case for some but not all.

Tortfeasor

Rhodes' defense at Auburn in 2008 was pretty bad. Auburn finished 5-7 and gave up and average of 317 yards a game. Not someone I want calling our defense.

ricepig

Quote from: Tortfeasor on January 11, 2017, 08:12:51 pm
Rhodes' defense at Auburn in 2008 was pretty bad. Auburn finished 5-7 and gave up and average of 317 yards a game. Not someone I want calling our defense.

We'd be thrilled if we went down to 317.

Tortfeasor

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2017, 08:15:49 pm
We'd be thrilled if we went down to 317.

After doing 2 minutes of research, I see that 317 is not that bad. We gave up and average of around 420 a game this year. LSU only had 1 year in the last 3 of giving up less than 317 and that was 314. Last time we gave up less than 317 was 299 in 2006.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tortfeasor on January 11, 2017, 08:21:07 pm
After doing 2 minutes of research, I see that 317 is not that bad. We gave up and average of around 420 a game this year. LSU only had 1 year in the last 3 of giving up less than 317 and that was 314. Last time we gave up less than 317 was 299 in 2006.
times were different then. what someone did 10-15 years ago, hell, what good is it? If it isnt from the last 5 years it's pretty much obsolete. Aka- pre-spread.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 11, 2017, 08:50:09 pm
times were different then. what someone did 10-15 years ago, hell, what good is it? If it isnt from the last 5 years it's pretty much obsolete. Aka- pre-spread.

Spread has been around longer than 5 years

Ramboar

Hire CPR throw a wad of cash at Brian Mitchell, believe he is at VT coaching the secondary. Awesome coach great recruiter as well.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Fatbackhawgballz

deedster84

Out of all the names being tossed around I'm surprised no one has said Wade Phillips yet.

Smalltownhog95

This thread disappoints me. Not a single one of you has suggested GRUDEN!
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

The_Bionic_Pig

Dream scenario: Tommy Tubberville
Recruiting Pedigree: Bob Diaco
Likely Scenario: DB Coach gets promoted
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogfansince79

Erik Chinander

The more I read about him the more I like him.  I've been wanting to see an aggressive, attacking defense for a long time.  Remember Reggie Herring's 1 and 2 man rush... it use to just kill me.

http://fanonawire.sportsblog.com/posts/28987912/how-erik-chinander-rebuilt-ucf-s-defense.html

When asked about what defense UCF reminded him of, Houston head coach Tom Herman said "Oklahoma". This is not only because both run a hyper aggressive 3-4, but because how physical both defenses are. It is also easy to compare UCF's defense to say a Oklahoma's defense because both can adapt. It's as if Erik Chinander is playing chess, while the others are playing checkers. Whatever move the offensive coordinator makes, Chinander has a counter for. Take the Tulane game for example. Willie Fritz is widely considered to be one of the best innovators of the triple option offense. The triple option is known to give opposing defenses nightmares, just go look at Navy vs Notre Dame. So it would not have been a surprise if Tulane would have put up some points against UCF. So how did the UCF defense do? Forced 5 turnovers, scored 21 points, and had 3 sacks. The game against Tulane was probably the best this unit has looked all season and that is saying something. Chinander had his players lock down any pitch lanes and forced Tulane to pass. He took away Tulane's biggest strength and made the Green Wave offense look anemic. Not only has he instilled a toughness that was missing, but an intelligence as well.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Nosboar Accubond

Hogs958