Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

silver dollar pancakes.

Started by PigPusher, March 20, 2018, 12:43:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigPusher

Tried frying in oil silver dollar pancakes and they turned out oily. My mother used to cook them in about 1/2" of oil and they never came through oily. We all really liked them as each little pancake had a good crust around each. Is low temperature the problem? Tried hotter oil but it did not seem to help. Any pancake experts out there?
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

cosmodrum

I would think the oil wasn't hot enough. I've never fried silver dollar pancakes, but generally speaking with frying, if the food is oily then the oil isn't hot enough. I assume you pull them from the oil and put on paper towels?
Go away, batin'

DeltaBoy

Got to get that bit of Oil hot.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PigPusher

Would recommend you guys try these. There very good. I'm going to try again with hotter oil. Oh, yes they were put on a paper towel.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

cosmodrum

Quote from: PigPusher on March 21, 2018, 12:40:51 am
Would recommend you guys try these. There very good. I'm going to try again with hotter oil. Oh, yes they were put on a paper towel.

I'd say get the oil hotter and drop a test cake in and work from there.
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

I make pancakes in bacon grease.  Best pancakes ever.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977