Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In-state recruiting strategy for WBB

Started by brs_hogfan, April 06, 2017, 08:44:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

Mr. Porkleone

Do we know if coach is still actively recruiting Chrystyn Williams?

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on August 02, 2017, 10:27:02 am
Do we know if coach is still actively recruiting Chrystyn Williams?
Good question, but following her on Twitter, I think it would be a waste of time.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on August 02, 2017, 10:41:27 am
Good question, but following her on Twitter, I think it would be a waste of time.

I'm sure they've reached out, but I completely agree with LBBBF. At this point, the ship has sailed.

BWS

Fayetteville G Sasha Goforth is up to 18 offers now. Only a sophomore. The ship might have sailed on Williams, but we still have a lot of in-state talent coming in the next few years.

psycHOGlogist

So, this is weird. I hadn't heard about Morris supposedly committing to the Hogs, but I guess the rumors are out there. She knocked them down here (in June). Has anyone heard about this or where things stand with her? She'd be a great get for us, imo.

https://twitter.com/YoMoney1515/status/877651322090205185

flippinhogmana

August 08, 2017, 12:52:49 pm #106 Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 04:44:48 pm by flippinhogmana
contrary to Williams, I have always considered Morris as being highly likely of coming here.  I still feel that way.  She did mention the the university was GREAT, didn't she?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Yeah, usually when there are rumors of a commit, that means that there is likely to be a commit at some point. Can't blame the young woman for taking her time and wanting to be sure.

She has other offers, including Tulsa (who now has Tari, of course), and Power 5's from Ole Miss, Mizzou, Washington (! probably from Neighbors), and Kansas State, and maybe more. Also has a Southern Miss offer (which is where Pauline Love came from).

psycHOGlogist

psycHOGlogist

Interesting - Arkansas Banshee player Rokia Doumbia (lives in TN, but has transferred to IMG) has reportedly reclassified from 2019 to 2018. Offers (as noted in the tweet below) from Ark, TN, Ole Miss, OK, OK St, Vandy, WKU, Houston, TCU, UALR, Kansas, and Tulsa.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/905250653647368192

psycHOGlogist

"Raoul" (twitter guy who gets good recruit information on WBB) indicates that Doumbia and Morris are taking official visits to Arkansas this weekend. Makes sense - I hope we are bringing in several kids this weekend. The weather is supposed to be outstanding and the campus atmosphere should be hyped with a big home football game.

flippinhogmana

It is my understanding that official practices for women's BB begin October One.  At least maybe the visiting girls can see an nonofficial ones, meet the players and get a feel on how the current players are bonding with all the new coaches.

On the other hand It is hard to understand why softball rosters are not updated with the freshmen by now, since they are obviously enrolled by now, and since their first fall game is less than thirty days away now (Oct. 4). I wonder if Coach D's pregnancy is affecting her involvement in the program right now?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Over a month has gone by since Yo'Myris Morris and Rokia Doumbia visited campus. They are out there taking other visits, which is completely normal, and I am hopeful that we will still land one or both of them. We were also trying to land Arieal Scott, who had decommitted from Duke, but she chose to stay at the home-town University of Illinois. Not sure if she made an official or not.

However, is there ANYBODY else out there that we've heard about as a 2018? Upthread, it was mentioned that Fayetteville's Jasmine Franklin has an offer. Does anyone know if there are going to be any more 2018 visitors this fall, or are we waiting till spring and trying to find a JUCO? (I guess that could depend on what Morris decides).

Kansas State just dismissed Eternati Willock, a 6'4" post who was a unanimous Big 12 all-freshman player, from their team. You never know, but it sounds like she had several off-court issues (at least one of the legal variety). I envy the size, I'm not sure you want to bring those issues into your own gym.

I think the future of recruiting has enormous upside, but I am just wondering about 2018 at this point. Dungee and Gaulden will both be eligible in next season, and I think they fit Neighbors' offense perfectly, but those two by themselves are not going to fix the hole on the roster in the post. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

LadybackBBFan

I have not heard anything and Richard Davenport has never commented on Morris's visit.  We all know that we need at least one new highly rated post player - hopefully, one is on the horizon.

psycHOGlogist

I have a sneaking suspicion that Morris isn't doing post-visit interviews. I can't find any coverage of her trip to Florida, either, fwiw. She's headed to MS State this weekend, and apparently people seem to think that the Bulldogs are possibly the biggest competition for the Hogs (but when there are no stories, it's hard to tell!).

LadybackBBFan

Unlike Christyn Williams who is constantly on Twitter, Morris is silent.

psycHOGlogist

Some pretty great news re: future recruiting in RD's piece today on BB recruiting (most of the article is about MBB recruits, but this appears at the end):

Arkansas women to host pair

Arkansas women's basketball Coach Mike Neighbors and his staff will host two of the top junior prospects in the nation Saturday. Point guard Kennedy Tucker of North Little Rock and wing Jayla Hemingway of Germantown (Tenn.) Houston are expected to make their way to Fayetteville.

Prospectsnation.com rates Tucker the No. 24 prospect and Hemingway No. 12 nationally in the 2019 class.

Sophomore wing Sasha Goforth of Fayetteville has visited the Hogs during all football home games this season and also is expected to visit. She's the No. 12 prospect in the nation for her class

Still wish we knew more about 2018 options, but this is exciting news about two excellent 2019s, and if you're not excited about the Sasha Goforth part, I can't help you.  :)

Oh - here's the link to the full article:  http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/oct/20/arkansas-talent-impresses-in-texas-2017/

flippinhogmana

Still wish we knew more about 2018 options, but this is exciting news about two excellent 2019s, and if you're not excited about the Sasha Goforth part, I can't help you.

Well you do have two pretty good players that become eligible next year in Gaulden and Dungee.  I think they will add at least one more transfer to that group, hopefully one who will be eligible day one.

hitman warrior23

Hopefully Arkansas Maverick 2020 Lakyn will bounce back quick from her knee surgery and turn Neighbor's head. She has grown Abit and was having a fantastic spring until it happened in Wichita.  She is working very hard should be released early November but we're gonna hold her out until after the break. She has slimmed up and gotten allot stronger. She I hope will have a great summer next year!

hitman warrior23

Quote from: brs_hogfan on April 06, 2017, 09:37:57 am
Destiny Salary plays for Jonesboro High School.  Taylen Collens in Muldrow, OK I think.  Both are superb athletes.  Salary is a wing -- fast and can elevate.  Collens is a power forward but who can run the floor and handle the ball well too.  Both probably need to improve their shooting.

I really like Collens, my kiddo has competed with and against all the  top 2020s   and I've coached against them with her. She is a tough cookie especially with shooters around her.

psycHOGlogist

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on October 30, 2017, 07:34:22 pm
The pickings get slimmer for 2018 Yo'Myris Morris to TCU.  https://twitter.com/YoMoney1515/status/925157737624989697

I am a little surprised at this, but then she did have two quality young ladies in front of her in her position (including a sophomore and a freshman), maybe she was concerned with her potential playing time.

psycHOGlogist

The roster at TCU is similar, I believe.