Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrestlemania 22

Started by hellrazor, April 02, 2006, 05:37:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mword

mword

hogfan064

Rey Mysterio won the World Title.  What a joke!! I will never watch another Smackdown again(not like I ever did anyway).  I refuse to purchase any other PPVs(which I haven't in awhile).  I'll still watch Raw because its a decent show and Monday Night TV sucks, but WWE has really gone down hill

WindyCityHog

I gave up an OT gig to work Wrestlemania to attend the White Sox-Indian MLB opener....

As wet as it was.....I made the right decision....

Wrestlemania was the one place where there was less teeth ;)

hoggiefan

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 03, 2006, 07:25:35 am
Rey Mysterio won the World Title.  What a joke!! I will never watch another Smackdown again(not like I ever did anyway).  I refuse to purchase any other PPVs(which I haven't in awhile).  I'll still watch Raw because its a decent show and Monday Night TV sucks, but WWE has really gone down hill

I like Smackdown better than Raw.  The worse match was the lingerie pillow fight.  I know I am a woman, and im not suppose to like that.  But what guy finds it sexy, when these girls fight like that? 

Buff

hoggiefan

Quote from: Buffinator:  Reloaded on April 03, 2006, 10:01:23 am
me

Just the looks on their faces is not attractive.  Wouldn't you rather them just hop around than fight each other?

hogfan064

Quote from: hoggiefan on April 03, 2006, 09:46:13 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on April 03, 2006, 07:25:35 am

I like Smackdown better than Raw.  The worse match was the lingerie pillow fight.  I know I am a woman, and im not suppose to like that.  But what guy finds it sexy, when these girls fight like that? 

The pillow fights are really stupid to be honest with you.  It's kind of insulting to our intelligence.  I mean if I want to watch lesbian type action you don't turn on WWE, there are other PPVs you can purchase.  I can understand it for one of the TV shows, but not for Wrestlemania.  That show should be to showcase all the wrestlers talents and to put on the best matches possible, not for a pointless pillow fight.   Does any guy really get off on this?  If so you really need a woman. 

hydrophonic

Quote from: hoggiefan on April 03, 2006, 09:46:13 amBut what guy finds it sexy, when these girls fight like that? 

Some of those things are better than others.  The Pillow Fight with Stacy, Torrie, and the Miller Light Catfight Girls at WM19 is an example of one of those things done right.

The Mickie James v Trish Stratus match was WAY hotter than the Pillow Fight.  Mickie has become my third favorite WWE woman, right behind Stephanie and Melina.

I enjoyed the show last night.  I drank too much to comment on the quality of the matches, but I've got it on the DVR.  I'll probably review the RAW matches tonight and the SmackDown! matches later in the week.

A few things that weren't blurred out by Booker's 127 proof bourbon:

Anybody catch the look on Stephanie's face when Vince said they were going to pray?  While I thought the prayer spot was kind of in poor taste, I also thought it was HILARIOUS.

I liked the "False Cross" they gave us during the MITBLM.  At least I liked the idea of it.  The execution was so poor that I knew INSTANTLY that it was a work and I had been drinking for about an hour.

When the crowd got behind Mickie James I KNEW it was going to be a great crowd for HHH & Cena.  I thought it was smart for them to acknowledge that the audience would probably support the heel.  Calling it a "traditional wrestling audience" was brilliant and leave open some possibilities.  Now, I was really, REALLY drunk when the HHH v Cena match got going but my very foggy memory tells me that the crowd was incredible and rivaled the crowd during The Rock v Hogan at WM18.

Speaking of possibilities, did HBK and HHH both do D-X chops in their matches?

I'm sure I'll have some other things to post after I rewatch the show.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hydrophonic

Not aware of what, that TNA exists?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hydrophonic on April 03, 2006, 12:43:51 pm
Not aware of what, that TNA exists?

No, of their website....it gives those who haven't had a chance to view them on a regular basis a chance to get to know the characters and cast.  I myself always have to freaking work when its on the tube!!! 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hydrophonic

I've got the DVR set to record their show.  I'm usually a week or two behind, but for the most part I like their show.  I haven't bought one of their PPVs yet, mostly because the results are so predictable.  While I was only legitimately surprised by the outcome of two matches at WM22, they were the biggest matches on the card.

Anybody heard the rumors last week about when RVD might cash in his MITB?

HHH & Cena's special entrances were both lame.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hydrophonic on April 03, 2006, 01:02:25 pm
I've got the DVR set to record their show.  I'm usually a week or two behind, but for the most part I like their show.  I haven't bought one of their PPVs yet, mostly because the results are so predictable.  While I was only legitimately surprised by the outcome of two matches at WM22, they were the biggest matches on the card.

What are the chances of HHH & Pretty Boy reuniting to form remix of D-Generation X ?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hoggiefan

Quote from: hydrophonic on April 03, 2006, 12:34:11 pm
Quote from: hoggiefan on April 03, 2006, 09:46:13 amBut what guy finds it sexy, when these girls fight like that? 

Some of those things are better than others.  The Pillow Fight with Stacy, Torrie, and the Miller Light Catfight Girls at WM19 is an example of one of those things done right.

The Mickie James v Trish Stratus match was WAY hotter than the Pillow Fight.  Mickie has become my third favorite WWE woman, right behind Stephanie and Melina.

I enjoyed the show last night.  I drank too much to comment on the quality of the matches, but I've got it on the DVR.  I'll probably review the RAW matches tonight and the SmackDown! matches later in the week.

A few things that weren't blurred out by Booker's 127 proof bourbon:

Anybody catch the look on Stephanie's face when Vince said they were going to pray?  While I thought the prayer spot was kind of in poor taste, I also thought it was HILARIOUS.

I liked the "False Cross" they gave us during the MITBLM.  At least I liked the idea of it.  The execution was so poor that I knew INSTANTLY that it was a work and I had been drinking for about an hour.

When the crowd got behind Mickie James I KNEW it was going to be a great crowd for HHH & Cena.  I thought it was smart for them to acknowledge that the audience would probably support the heel.  Calling it a "traditional wrestling audience" was brilliant and leave open some possibilities.  Now, I was really, REALLY drunk when the HHH v Cena match got going but my very foggy memory tells me that the crowd was incredible and rivaled the crowd during The Rock v Hogan at WM18.

Speaking of possibilities, did HBK and HHH both do D-X chops in their matches?

I'm sure I'll have some other things to post after I rewatch the show.

HHH and HBK both did the D-X chops during their matches.  You are correct on that.

hogfan064

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 03, 2006, 01:07:03 pm
Quote from: hydrophonic on April 03, 2006, 01:02:25 pm

What are the chances of HHH & Pretty Boy reuniting to form remix of D-Generation X ?

Well, they both are very good friends still aren't they?  I think everyone would love to see it, but is there really a point to it?  The original DX was made to help promote HHH to main event status and it helped spark a HBK-HHH feud once HBK came back after injury.  Is there really a point to it now?  Usually when you form a group its to eventually set up a feud or to propell someone to main event status. 

hydrophonic

I watched the RAW matches from Mania before Monday night's show.

Kane & Big Show v Masters & Carlito wasn't all that good.  It wasn't awful either, but not up to the standard set by curtain jerkers of the past several Manias.

MITBLM was fun but too short.  They did a good job of using tight camera shots to hide the guys holding ladders in place for stunts and such.  I didn't notice that kind of thing watching it live.  Expect to see the wide shot of RVD on top of the ladder doing the R-V-D thing for years to come.  It looks like 85% of the audience is doing it too.  AWESOME!

Edge v Foley was very good and very brutal.  Based on what I saw at Taboo Tuesday I didn't expect much from Foley.  Then they kind of raised the stakes on RAW and SNME.  I wondered if they'd be able to deliver and they did.  Anybody know what the trick is with the flaming table?  The fire went out pretty much as soon as they hit the table.  It was a great spot, I'm just curios how they do that.

Trish v Mickie James was one of the best matches of the night, maybe even the show stealer.  I haven't seen a whole lot of womens matches and the ones I've seen have all been WWE or WCW, so I don't really have much to compare this too.  This was one of the first womens matches I've seen that was good, not "good for a womens match" but just plain good.  I don't care that they botched the end, they did a decent job of recovering.  At least they didn't just try to do the spot again, which means that Trish and Mickie are both a step ahead of AJ Styles in ONE aspect of performing.

Vince v HBK was very fun.  I don't like seeing Vince in matches because he pretty much sucks.  That elbow drop - it was an elbow drop wasn't it? - off the top of that super tall ladder is another thing you can expect to see on WWE TV for years to come.  Very enjoyable, they probably should have ended this feud here.

HHH v Cena was - IMO - the match of the night, as the main event should be.  This was a much better wrestling match than I expected.  As with the Mickie v Trish match, the audience MADE this match.  I compared it to the audience for The Rock v Hogan at WM18 and I think that holds up.  The WM22 audience might have been better, but the WM18 audience had 50,000 more people.

I'll probably watch the SmackDown! matches tonight or tomorrow.

I still say it was a good WrestleMania, one of the best in the last 5 or 6 years.