Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst Wrestling Gimmick Ever..

Started by Brett Hitman Hog, February 07, 2006, 02:53:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett Hitman Hog

I have to go with William Regal (Lord Steven Regal) playing the "Man's Man" charactor.  Sissy British dudes are too frumpish to play a lumberjack.

hydrophonic

The Gobbledy Gooker

I don't like The Boogey Man or The Spirit Squad, but I don't know if they are the worst ever.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

pioneerbasketball

Stateline Hawg

Swino

Quote from: Stateline Hawg on February 07, 2006, 03:46:00 pm
Terry Taylor as the Red Rooster

You know when management came to terry and told him their idea he had to have said "WTH?!"

hellrazor

yeah that was a shame. Terry Taylor was one of my heros, back in the day, in Tulsa.
It was truly evil when he turned on Chris Adams. He was an excellent heel.

I loved to hate Chavo's Amway Sellsman gimmick in WCW.
Also, the hippie that always protested his opponents, that was pretty dumb, but cool.
I don't remember who that was. Does anybody know?
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

Brett Hitman Hog

I like the Boogey Man.  It reminds me of when Papa Shango used to freak people out going after the Ultimate Warrior from the early 90's. 

Or when the Undertaker was "The Dead Man" the first time.

Supernatural and creepy always makes good enterainment.

As for The Red Rooster .. c'mon.  Terry Taylor sucked no matter what he did.  At least people could recognize him for a while.

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: Swino on February 07, 2006, 03:52:15 pm
Quote from: Stateline Hawg on February 07, 2006, 03:46:00 pm
Terry Taylor as the Red Rooster

You know when management came to terry and told him their idea he had to have said "WTH?!"

I think I read somewhere that th Red Rooster gimmick was some sort of punishment for something Taylor did. I have no idea where I got that from, but I kind of want to say from Austin's autobiography.

Tater Salad

Before Kane was Kane wasnt he the "Christmas Creature"....thats gotta be the worst

Brett Hitman Hog

Kane was also, Dr. Isaac Yankum .. a big dentist brought in after Bret Hart made Jerry Lawler kiss his own nasty foot.

dmhog v2.0

How come no one has mentioned Ed Leslie and all his wonderful personas?

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
The Butcher
The Zodiac
The Booty Man
The Disciple

Brett Hitman Hog

bigt54

Here is some I didn't like
Georgous George
The Fake Sting(he is still wresting under this gimmick)
The Madd Chef
"I was not the best cause I killed quickly, I was the best because the crowd loved me."

CiriusPorker

this wasn't the worst...but as a kid..i always got excited when hulk hogan would put his hands to his ears to hear the crowd cheering for him..and then all of  a sudden, he'd kick the crap out of the other guy..it was awesome!

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

secthumper

....The Varsity Club....hands down the worst gimmick ever!!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

Tater Salad

Anyone remember Eugene from a couple of years ago? He gets my vote

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: Tater Salad on February 07, 2006, 08:54:55 pm
Anyone remember Eugene from a couple of years ago? He gets my vote

The same Eugene who was on RAW last night? He's still around.

krazie.joe

Quote from: hellrazor on February 07, 2006, 04:14:39 pm
yeah that was a shame. Terry Taylor was one of my heros, back in the day, in Tulsa.

Also, the hippie that always protested his opponents, that was pretty dumb, but cool.

Buzzkill aka Brad Armstrong.

hellrazor

Quote from: JoeyCrackTheHog on February 07, 2006, 09:29:40 pm
Quote from: hellrazor on February 07, 2006, 04:14:39 pm

Buzzkill aka Brad Armstrong.

Oh yeah!!
Thanks.
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

Brett Hitman Hog

Remember Bastion Booger or Friar Ferguson.

The same guy?

Razor(back) Ramon

The Gobbily Gooker was the worst, but let's just scroll down memory lane and take a look at some others that weren't too good.

Doink the Clown
The Goon (he was the hockey player)
Duke "The Dumpster" Drosie
Bob "Sparky" Plugg
The Oddities
Men On a Mission (or M.O.M)
The "We're Not the Mounties" Quebecers
One Man Gang
Johnny Polo
1-2-3 Kid
The Bellamy Brothers
Irwin R. Schyester a.k.a. I.R.S.
The Berzerker
Akeem
Johnny B. Badd
Bunkhouse Buck
And last but not least, The Ice Train.  Choo! Choo!
When you participate in sporting events it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how drunk you get.  -Homer Simpson

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: Razor(back) Ramon on February 07, 2006, 10:17:27 pm
The Gobbily Gooker was the worst, but let's just scroll down memory lane and take a look at some others that weren't too good.

Doink the Clown
Bob "Sparky" Plugg
The Oddities
One Man Gang
Johnny Polo
1-2-3 Kid
The Bellamy Brothers
The Berzerker
Akeem
Johnny B. Badd
Bunkhouse Buck

Oh, come one.

One Man Gang was a bad ass. Now, when he was sporting around as Akeem, that was not cool.

Brett Hitman Hog

I think I'm getting retarded in my old age.

I can't remember half the shiit you do, and we watched most of it together.

Add Mark Henry, too.

Razor(back) Ramon

Yeah, "Sexual Chocolate" was pretty bad.
When you participate in sporting events it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how drunk you get.  -Homer Simpson

Pig Pumper

You've never heard of the Shockmaster?

He was even worse than they angle where HHH screwed a dead body while dressed like Kane!

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/431.html  Click there for a discussion of Shockmaster.  It always has a video clip and audio file of his debut.

Take the time to check it out.  It's worth it.

Lt.Dangle

The mean street gang or whatever those guys were called that ran with Shane McMahann for a while. From the mean streets of Greenich.

The Blue Meanie was horrible as well.

Brett Hitman Hog

The Mean Street Posse .. gets even worse when you say the name.  Sweater vests .. ha!

Lt.Dangle

Quote from: The Hitman on February 08, 2006, 01:16:00 am
The Mean Street Posse .. gets even worse when you say the name.  Sweater vests .. ha!
They were horrible. And another that I have no idea why he was so popular was Goldust or his even worse Christian anti violence guy he was for a while

dman

;DSkandar Akbar, is actually from Ft Smith

Swino

Hillbilly Jim
The bushwackers
Vader?
The midnight express
Kamala

hydrophonic

Kamala? I was all about Kamala when I was a kid.  Who was his handler, was it Mr. Lee?  I remember some AWESOME video packages they used when Kamala was going to be making his debut in Mid South.  I'm sure they were lame by today's standards, but whatever.

Did the Midnight Express really have a gimmick, other than being a heel tag team with a manager?
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Swino

They were a take-off of the rock-n-roll express, which was also pretty lame.

heinekenhary

Quote from: Razor(back) Ramon on February 07, 2006, 10:17:27 pm

Doink the Clown
Bob "Sparky" Plugg
The Oddities
One Man Gang
Johnny Polo
1-2-3 Kid
The Bellamy Brothers
The Berzerker
Akeem
Johnny B. Badd
Bunkhouse Buck

Doink the Clown was the worst.  That little Gimmick caused me to have about a 5 year vacation from wrestling.
The rooster comes in 2nd.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock

razorback327

What about Tugboat?  That gimmick was pretty lame.

CharlieHog

All the WWF gimmicks in the 80s sucked, so I wouldn't single any of them out. The worst is the cartoon gimmicks still present today. The Boogeyman and The Undertaker spring to mind.

That one whore in the WWE that has a growth on her face.

secthumper

Boogieman chewed that growth off her face a few weeks ago, and ATE it!!!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion