Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Entrance

Started by Lt.Dangle, February 04, 2006, 07:52:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt.Dangle

From the WWE or WCW or whatever

I would have to say one of the best over the years was the Goldberg entrance. Those drums meant it was allready over for whoever was in the ring.

HogFather

I don't know but I would love to do the cha-cha on ABC with Stacey Keibler...WOW!

Brett Hitman Hog

Chris Jericho's first time EVER to appear on RAW.  Then the second theme they did.

imahoggie

the new age outlaws by far.
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

clemensrules01

new age outlaws probably. i also like kane's and undertaker's entrances. the glass breaking in stone cold's entrance is awesome, too.

Macgyver Hawg

I used to love the Road Warrior's theme and their run to the ring.

I also thought Jericho's first theme on RAW was good.

Tater Salad

pioneerbasketball

Boared

Ric Flair back in the day, suckas! Woooooo!

Honorable mention goes to The Junkyard Dog coming out to "Another One Bites the Dust."

mikeb

The Prince Nahseem Hamid.....(boxer)....the first time I watched him enter the ring he took 30 min. doing his little dog and pony show it was awesome.....the opponent's hated it

Salty Hog

Quote from: HogFather on February 04, 2006, 07:56:47 am
I don't know but I would love to do the cha-cha on ABC with Stacey Keibler...WOW!

Check her out in Maxim.....smokin!!
Fear The Hog!!!!

Salty Hog

Fear The Hog!!!!

Lt.Dangle

The Roadd Dog Jessie James and Bad Ass Billy Gunn had a damn good entrance

hydrophonic

I'm sure I'll get SMITED hard for this, but I really like Chris Masters' entrance.  I'm not saying it's the best, just that I like it.

I also POP for Triple H (current) and The Rock (circa '98).

The best BY FAR is Melina's.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Razor(back) Ramon

Chris Jericho's first is a great one but does anyone remember Gillberg?  WWF pumped up the fact that they had signed some mystery wrestler from WCW who was gonna explode and it ended up being Dwayne Gill as Gillberg.  Some of the funniest stuff I've seen.
When you participate in sporting events it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how drunk you get.  -Homer Simpson

Field of Hogs

Handsome Jimmy Valient or Jerry Lawler's entrance after his broken leg back in the day.

hellrazor

Triple H and jerichos were really good back in the day.
Chris Masters is good. Goldbergs was good.
I liked Undertakers when we was a biker. Remember the "he's here" entrance?
One of the best things about wrestling is the entrances.
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

hydrophonic

Quote from: hellrazor on February 07, 2006, 04:10:14 pm
One of the best things about wrestling is the entrances.

It's sad how true this is.

I like Vince's intro too.  When I hear his music I ALWAYS think something big is about to happen.

toshortrock

stonecold had to be the best,but the undertaker is right there with him,and the rock is also there
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Swino

The rock's original was the best, this was the only time that I ever watched modern wrastlin. 

"Shut your mouth and know your damn role."

CharlieHog

Chris Masters set a new high for homoeroticism in wrestling with his entrance.

Goldberg's entrance was good but it lasted longer than his matches. Gillberg's entrance was way better.

For real, the best entrances were...
-Taz in ECW (War Machine by Kiss playing, comes out with Team Taz)
-Tazz in the WWF (the heartbeat theme, the orange smoke)
-Sandman's ECW entrance (whole crowd singing Enter Sandman, can't beat it)
-Christian, when he had the At Last You're On You're Own entrance, with the waterfall of fireworks, before they ruined him
-The Dudley Boys WWF

There are more that had good themes, but not really fantastic entrances as a whole.

hydrophonic

Quote from: CharlieHog on February 08, 2006, 12:38:40 pm
Chris Masters set a new high for homoeroticism in wrestling with his entrance.

Narcissism - no matter how overused - has always generated heel heat.  I like the way Lawler used to hush JR, and the way Coach does the same to Lawler and Styles.  I like the way he [usually] hits the poses in time with the music.

Masters is a horrible wrestler, but his entrance is better than most.

As for his entrance setting "a new high for homoeroticism in wrestling", I counter with:

Adrian Adonis
Lenny and Lodi
Billy and Chuck

Hell, I should have just said "Billy Gunn" and left it at that.  WTH is up with that guy?  Why does he tie a knot in the front of his shirts?  Is he REALLY a homosexual?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

CharlieHog

Chris Masters is gayer than Lenny, Lodi, Billy and Chuck all combined.

South_Ark_Pig

THE BEST ENTRANCE I KNOW OF IS BETWEEN A GOOD-LOOKING WOMANS LEGS!!

Macgyver Hawg

Now let's do the worst enterences.

The Fantastics

That Canadian "Prime Time" guy.

hellrazor

hehe.. I don't know if it's best or worst, but:

Gilberg
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

CharlieHog

Quote from: hellrazor on February 09, 2006, 10:09:52 am
hehe.. I don't know if it's best or worst, but:

Gilberg

I already noted Gillberg. ;)

And it's the best.

hydrophonic

I'm going with Kurt Angle's as the worst because he DOES NOT suck.

The way they tried to turn it around on this - assumeably brief - face turn has only sort of worked.  I like the way his opponents sell the chant being directed at them.  The shots of them pointing at themselves and mouthing "ME? No, I don't suck!" have all been entertaining.  It was also a nice touch to extend the opening part of the music a little bit, giving Kurt a chance to be on the ramp and pointing to the ring by the time the "you suck" chant gets going.

I'm assuming the face run is over for two reasons:
1. His next title defense is against fan favorite Undertaker
2. When Kurt made his entrance on Friday night's SmackDown! they used his regular music, without the extention.

Lt.Dangle

One of the worst had to be Goldust or that Val guy they had for a while

Brett Hitman Hog

Billy Gunn's Ass man springs to mind...

In another thread my partner in crime mentiond Ice Train .. choo choo.

There was one guy in modern times that came out with no music, intentionally.

JR's Boomer Sooner has to take the cake on everyone, though.

Razor(back) Ramon

Remember the Maestro in WCW?  He came down from the ceiling playing a piano with bubbles all around.  That was pretty bad.
When you participate in sporting events it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how drunk you get.  -Homer Simpson

Brett Hitman Hog

I heard he blew bubbles.

HaWg 10

BEST: STONE COLD, JOHN CENA, VADER, RIC FLAIR, THE ROCK

WORST: GOLDDUST, CHRIS MASTERS, KURT ANGLE, BIG POPPA PUMP
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Brett Hitman Hog

You can never knock Big Poppa Pump .. It was always his duty to please the booty.

HaWg 10

Quote from: The Hitman on February 09, 2006, 10:45:01 pm
You can never knock Big Poppa Pump .. It was always his duty to please the booty.

but he had a GAY entrance
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Macgyver Hawg

Oh, one I forgot.  The worst gimmick of all time was Terry Taylor as the Red Rooster.
He actually clucked like a chicken in the ring.

bdutt

Quote from: Razor(back) Ramon on February 07, 2006, 02:16:44 pm
Chris Jericho's first is a great one but does anyone remember Gillberg?  WWF pumped up the fact that they had signed some mystery wrestler from WCW who was gonna explode and it ended up being Dwayne Gill as Gillberg.  Some of the funniest stuff I've seen.

GILBERG! GILBERG! GILBERG!
"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

secthumper

....Best.... Kerry von Erich.... accompanied by Ted Nugent's 'Stranglehold"....

....Worst.... Exotic Adrian Street...with Miss Linda.....Nasty!!!!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion