Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If I were the lead booker for iMPACT!...

Started by hydrophonic, February 02, 2006, 04:49:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hydrophonic

...here is how I would carry out this angle that's been started with Sting.

First, though...

While I think what Sting said in his "farewell" was heartfelt, it's obvious this is a work, right?  I was totally buying it until he left the ring and exchanged words with some other babyfaces.  The thing that put it over the top for me was when he told Christian "I love you like a brother, man."  WTH?

If I were booking, Sting wouldn't appear on TNA programing until the April PPV.  The announcers would talk about Sting this week, but that would be it.  Sting would flat out disappear from TNA so the "farewell" would seem legit.

Jarrett would drop the belt to Christian at the PPV - is that THIS weekend?  The rematch would be booked for the April PPV.

Meanwhile, Jarrett and Monty Brown have a "falling out."  Maybe even having a match at the March PPV.  Brown would never appear to support Christian, but would oppose Jarrett.

Somebody from AMW or Team Canada would "injure" Christian in some fashion.  Christian would be absent from at least one episode of iMPACT! and would not wrestle at the March PPV.  There would be a lot of talk about Christian not being 100%, maybe even "not cleared to compete" in time for the April PPV and the rematch with Jarrett.  JJ would cut promos about how Christian should go ahead and forfeit the match and hand the belt back to Jarrett.  Christian would cut a promo 2 weeks before the PPV where he would talk about being injured, but owing it to the fans and "the legacy of the NWA World Championship" to compete in the rematch as scheduled.

At the April PPV, Jarrett would reclaim the belt in a 20 minute squash.  Christian would do the best sell job of his life and would bleed, but would never look like a real threat.  Christian's "injury" would be constantly sold and "exploited."  Jarrett would continue the beat down after the match.  Monty Brown would come out, the fans would go crazy, smarks would text message their buddies "Jarrett v Monty at next PPV."  Then, the two would reform their alliance and continue the beat down on Christian.  Maybe Team Canada could stop the rush of babyfaces from the back.

Sting comes down from the ceiling to make the save.

Outcome?

HUGH pop for Sting's return after being UNMENTIONED for nearly two months.  Christian is reinforced as a top babyface, Jarrett continues to be the top heel.  Monty Brown goes over as a heel BIG TIME.

This "farewell" thing only works if Sting is allowed to fade from the fans memories.

This isn't anything new.  To quote my father "I have had very few original ideas."  This is basically a redo of the angle leading up to Ric Flair v Harley Race at Starcade '83 when the Nature Boy became NWA World Champion for the 2nd time.

The other way that I might do it, is Sting's "farewell" is for real...  at least as far as his gimmick is concerned.  It's time for him to update his persona anyway.
"The future sucks." "Change it."