Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A dunk with 1 second left are you freaking me? and after a timeout

Started by forrest city joe, January 03, 2010, 10:51:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar War

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 03, 2010, 10:11:46 pm
If you really think we would be going after the same level of talent that he had legitimate shots at at USA, you just proved my point about a lot of the people clamoring for his head right now.

My point is refuting your point about John having to take a flyer on thugs because he hadn't had a chance to build relationships.  If he recruited Fortson for years than that simply isn't the case.  I realize that USA and Arkansas are recruiting a different caliber of players (rather they should be).  But shouldn't he have been looking for the best talent anyway?

thirtythree

I laugh at the fact that no materr what the thread title is the agenda people have to get back to firing a coach. The same ol statements every time. Might as well merge all the threads together. they say the same thing.

Danny J

Quote from: thirtythree on January 04, 2010, 02:10:11 am
I laugh at the fact that no materr what the thread title is the agenda people have to get back to firing a coach. The same ol statements every time. Might as well merge all the threads together. they say the same thing.
LOL!!!

forrest city joe

January 04, 2010, 05:58:41 am #53 Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:00:29 am by forrest city joe
Quote from: BigHog396 on January 03, 2010, 09:49:28 pm
The reason he was recruiting thugs, is because he hadn't had the time to build relationships with any of the top level talent.  He realistically had 11 scholarships to replace in one class, and he had to take chances on those types of players to have any chance of making a quick turn around.  It has absolutely bit him in the ass, and a lot of that blame lies directly at the feet of Stan Heath's pitiful recruiting.  I am just saying give the guy until next year to see what happens then.  If it's still this bad, or even close to this bad, show him the door.
Stop it just stop it.Pel has to go!PERIOD! we can not wast another year or  another second on this loser. he stinks and is a flatout pitiful coach.Stop blamming Stan and everyone else. this guy has been here going on 3 years. it's his fault that we are this bad.stop the freaking excuses.

hogluv

Do not let up Joe. I am with you. Two time outs were called and the guy slam dunks it to win. The announcer said" It was like Powell just went to sleep". REALLY?? Game is on the line and the coach can't pump you up enough to stay awake for 2.8 seconds.

In the SW Missouri State game we basically did the same allowing the game to go into overtime

forrest city joe

January 04, 2010, 06:56:53 am #55 Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:59:25 am by forrest city joe
Quote from: hogluv on January 04, 2010, 06:50:07 am
Do not let up Joe. I am with you. Two time outs were called and the guy slam dunks it to win. The announcer said" It was like Powell just went to sleep". REALLY?? Game is on the line and the coach can't pump you up enough to stay awake for 2.8 seconds.

In the SW Missouri State game we basically did the same allowing the game to go into overtime
Think about this. we were in man to man defense under our own basket. a junior high coach knows you should be in zone. and to not have your best shot blocker(Glenn Bryant)in to protect the basket, is pitiful coaching. this guy is in way over his head and should have been fired!and i will not let up on this.

RedSatinHog

January 04, 2010, 06:57:20 am #56 Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:10:59 am by AKHogsHoopsFan
Quote from: BigHog396 on January 03, 2010, 09:59:20 pm
I guess you really don't understand anything about basketball recruiting.  You just proved it.

In any normal situation, what you are calling Pelphrey's first class... should have been nearly completely full of recruits that had already signed letters of intent in November of Heath's final year.  You know, the early signing period when most top level recruits are signed.  Had it been that way, as it should have, Pelphrey would have started on the following class (the Clarke, Fortson, McDonald, Henry, Clark, Moore, and Payne class) as his first class (which realistically it was).

That would make the Juniors in this year's class Heath's recruits as well, with maybe one or two of them being players Pelphrey brought in at the last minute.  So yes, the Juniors on this team should also be Heath's as well.  Now that I have given you some pointers, maybe you can start to understand how recruiting works.

The players you listed out of his "first class" who are no longer with the program are highlighted in red.  Seems he is wrong about players far more often than he is right.

5 out of the 7 he signed are no longer on the team.  Those aren't good odds, no matter how you look at them.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

BigHog396

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 04, 2010, 06:57:20 am
The players you listed out of his "first class" who are no longer with the program are highlighted in red.  Seems he is wrong about players far more often than he is right.

5 out of the 7 he signed are no longer on the team.  Those aren't good odds, no matter how you look at them.
Those players aren't with the team anymore?   No kidding?   Boy I'm glad you pointed that out for me.  So, how does this most recent class look?

BigHog396

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 04, 2010, 05:58:41 am
Stop it just stop it.Pel has to go!PERIOD! we can not wast another year or  another second on this loser. he stinks and is a flatout pitiful coach.Stop blamming Stan and everyone else. this guy has been here going on 3 years. it's his fault that we are this bad.stop the freaking excuses.
YOU stop it, just stop it.  You were one of the one's glowing about how great a coach Pelphrey was just 1 year ago.  IF you can't see the problems Stan left our program, you are too blind to even be taken seriously in this conversation.  Your answer is always FIRE Coach _____, don't worry about the situation he was handed just FIRE Coach _____.  Insert whatever name you want in the blank.  Were you calling for Nolan's head 2 to 3 years in?

forrest city joe

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 04, 2010, 08:19:25 am
YOU stop it, just stop it.  You were one of the one's glowing about how great a coach Pelphrey was just 1 year ago.  IF you can't see the problems Stan left our program, you are too blind to even be taken seriously in this conversation.  Your answer is always FIRE Coach _____, don't worry about the situation he was handed just FIRE Coach _____.  Insert whatever name you want in the blank.  Were you calling for Nolan's head 2 to 3 years in?
YES.HELL YES I WANT HIM FIRED! this man has destroyed this basketball program in less than 3 years. he is one of the worst coaches i have ever seen.NO EXCUSES. stop blamming Stan and everyone else.and dont you ever compare someone like Pel to Nolan.Nolan's teams got better each of his forst 3 years. Pel's teams have gotten worse.im would fire his losing butt on the spot.

roundball

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 04, 2010, 08:19:25 am

We have gotten worse and no progression has taken place. Why in the world can some of you not just face it. I grew up with my grandparents having season tickets up until '08, they want to spend their money elsewhere instead of courtside watching regression! It's a mockery to this University and to our once fine program. I think Pelphery is doing all he can, but he just can't get it done at this level or at least here at Arkansas. I'm sick of looking forward to a better year than the year before only to find out we've made no real transition, but to find out we've taken steps back. This level of basketball is a business..regression is not exceptable in any business.

ICEman

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 03, 2010, 10:17:43 pm
I'll most likely wait until we have played the season to evaluate the season Yung.
Fourteen games should be more than adequate to evaluate the trend line of a season.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Porkatarian

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 04, 2010, 08:17:01 am
Those players aren't with the team anymore?   No kidding?   Boy I'm glad you pointed that out for me.  So, how does this most recent class look?

There are atleast 2 of our current players who plan on leaving if Pel is still the coach after this season.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 04, 2010, 09:28:44 am
There are atleast 2 of our current players who plan on leaving if Pel is still the coach after this season.

Porkatarian out...

Hopefully one of these guys isn't Powell...

BigHog396

Quote from: roundball on January 04, 2010, 09:06:29 am

We have gotten worse and no progression has taken place. Why in the world can some of you not just face it. I grew up with my grandparents having season tickets up until '08, they want to spend their money elsewhere instead of courtside watching regression! It's a mockery to this University and to our once fine program. I think Pelphery is doing all he can, but he just can't get it done at this level or at least here at Arkansas. I'm sick of looking forward to a better year than the year before only to find out we've made no real transition, but to find out we've taken steps back. This level of basketball is a business..regression is not exceptable in any business.
So, you are saying, injuries and suspensions would have absolutely nothing to do with the product we have seen on the court.

BigHog396

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 04, 2010, 09:28:44 am

Porkatarian out...
Yeah... Welsh and Washington... they run out of eligibility.

freethrow

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 05, 2010, 05:49:02 pm
Yeah... Welsh and Washington... they run out of eligibility.
Now that's good news, right there.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 04, 2010, 08:17:01 am
Those players aren't with the team anymore?   No kidding?   Boy I'm glad you pointed that out for me.  So, how does this most recent class look?

We'll tell you at the end of the year.  That's when most of the aforementioned 5 departed players were no longer with the team, and the one thing most of them had in common was the lack of playing time.  It's now happening with Bryant and Nobles, just to name 2.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on January 04, 2010, 09:58:18 am
Hopefully one of these guys isn't Powell...

What if it IS Powell, and the other guy's name is Clarke?

Breems

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 06, 2010, 07:01:23 pm
What if it IS Powell, and the other guy's name is Clarke?

Wouldn't think it would be Clarke.  Most rumors state that he would leave only if Pel left, not stayed, and I sure as heck hope that Marshawn Powell isn't one of them.  He is a man inside, and I want him in a Razorback uniform for as long as he is elgible. 
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

RedSatinHog

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 06, 2010, 07:04:34 pm
Wouldn't think it would be Clarke.  Most rumors state that he would leave only if Pel left, not stayed, and I sure as heck hope that Marshawn Powell isn't one of them.  He is a man inside, and I want him in a Razorback uniform for as long as he is elgible. 

I'll be honest with you.  I like several of our young players more than most of the players who've been here 3-4 years already.  They play with desire and intensity.  Rotnei Clarke is the only returning player I see any of that from.