Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It hurts so much i sit here and watch this and

Started by forrest city joe, November 17, 2009, 08:22:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

I hurt as a fan of arkansas basketball. yes im feeling sorry for myself. but i also feel so sorry for our players.(the good kids) yea i know we are shorthanded.but does it really matter if we have people like Fortson and Welsh? the sad thing is what Eddie and Nolan built is gone.this is so sad it hurts to the core.all we hawg fans can do is support our kids and pray. as i type this we are behind by 24 points. and we are still not playing any defense. they have 13 wide-open 3 pointers. even underman teams should be able to play a little defense. man this hurts to see arkansas basketball like this.

lookinupthehill

Oh really? How long can you run up and down a basketball court without gettng tired.  You think that may effect the D a little? Hmm?  How about the fact we were making a game of it for the first 8 - 10 minutes of both halves?   Gee... I wonder what's going on???   

tmorph84

Quote from: lookinupthehill on November 17, 2009, 08:29:11 pm
Oh really? How long can you run up and down a basketball court without gettng tired.  You think that may effect the D a little? Hmm?  How about the fact we were making a game of it for the first 8 - 10 minutes of both halves?   Gee... I wonder what's going on???  

another long year thats whats going on

forrest city joe

Oh really? How long can you run up and down a basketball court without gettng tired.  You think that may effect the D a little? Hmm?  How about the fact we were making a game of it for the first 8 - 10 minutes of both halves?   Gee... I wonder what's going on???  
Bullcrap! i ask again,WHERE IS THE DEFENSE? 15 wide-open 3pointers. this defense looks just like last years. even if we get beat. we have got to play some defense. this team has given up 95 points as i type.almost 100 points given up.PITIFUL!

Sed76

I'm with you Joe. I grew up watching the likes of Todd Day and Scotty Thurman. Arkansas would never have got humiliated like this on national television. Fortson and Welsh would not have helped as bad as the team played tonight.

ballhog™

I didn't get hacked one time.  Anyone that didn't expect this result going into the game was only fooling themselves.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

tomahawkhog

Don't speak negative of this team....you will be struck down by a bolt of TROLL lightning.  I do agree that I just saw ALOT of the same things that hampered this team last year...Most and foremost is NO length in the frontcourt....
Go Hogs!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Sed76 on November 17, 2009, 08:39:39 pm
I'm with you Joe. I grew up watching the likes of Todd Day and Scotty Thurman. Arkansas would never have got humiliated like this on national television. Fortson and Welsh would not have helped as bad as the team played tonight.
Fortson and Welsh, are not Day and Mayberry. we had them both all last year and what good did it do? seeing arkansas basketball like this is so sad. WHERE IS THE DEFENSE?

edt

Same B.S. as last year, don't have a clue what our offense is supposed to be. No defense, wide open shooters.

bigdaddyhawg

Grow up Joe.  Please.  Be a man.  Put this crap into a little bit of perspective.  There about a million things in life that SHOULD be more important than tonight's game.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hawgfan_18

Hard to keep the players fresh on defense when half the team is suspended.

Notorious H.O.G

Look anyone who knows a shizzz about basketball knows you need to the horses to play M2M (man-to-man).  We were in a 2-3 zone the majority of the night and the weakness of that is 3pt. shots or penetration and kick to a shooter.  They made them, and a lot at that.  Basically it'd been great to have some of our schollie players from suspension to play m2m and mix in zone, but we didn't.  We were out manned and would of gotten diced up in m2m, or all of our "good" players woulda been sucking wind or fouled out quick.  Results basically woulda been the same.  Louisville was the better team tonight and has been a great program in recent years.  The suspended players killed us and hope they look at what they did and how it messed our team up tonight.

But I agree w/ya Joe it stinks to look back at our history and how rich it has been and to where we are now...hard to swallow buddy I totally agree w/ya on that.  I'm hoping we can get back to the glory days sooner than later.

WhiteHairedDevil

Good post Joe.  The people on here wanted Nolan gone and now they can't face the fact the Pel is not the answer. Keep harping on 6 players? Who recruited these guys!
Wasn't you having problems last year Pel? but you still brought them back. 
Don't feel sorry Joe, no one cares about the program anymore. It's all history.

linze82

i think hogball is over. the damage done to the program appears to big a hole to climb out of. i know you disagree joe but firing pel isn't the answer. we have nothing to offer a basketball coach. apathy has set in with the fan base. we are now warm up games for the big boys.
smite me bishes

forrest city joe

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 17, 2009, 08:44:55 pm
Grow up Joe.  Please.  Be a man.  Put this crap into a little bit of perspective.  There about a million things in life that SHOULD be more important than tonight's game.
Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 17, 2009, 08:44:55 pm
Screw you. who are you to tell me to grow up? and to tell me whats important to me? i love Razorback basketball, and it hurts me when they lose.screw you. get out of my face.

jdhawg

forrest city blow hard,do you ever have anything postive come out of your big mouth.

Sed76

Arkansas basketball used to be something to be proud of. Just as with football I don't expect us to win every game. However, I do expect to compete and not get blown out.

mathhog

JOE WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION

GIVE ME ACTUAL ACTIONS (bonus for not recommending mike "two star" Anderson)

ua_hogs

Fatigue has nothing to do with defense... oh wait.  We played a freaking zone all game long because their legs would have fallen off if they had played man defense.  Zone = open looks on the perimeter, and Louisville just happens to have good perimeter shooters.  Learn something about the game before posting "WHERE IS THE DEFENSE? 15 wide-open 3pointers."

forrest city joe

Quote from: jdhawg on November 17, 2009, 08:49:19 pm
forrest city blow hard,do you ever have anything postive come out of your big mouth.
Screw you too!

jst01

Guys. 5 of our better players didnt play. does it need to be explained what missing 5 guys in the rotation does to your legs, quickness and overall fatigue?? really?? I mean....really??

ballinhog

I dont wanna get in the middle of this but fcj is a big Petrino supporter and has always been positive when speaking of him

porkinsons disease

Don't use facts to disagree with the "lynch mob." Anyone with any intellect knew we were facing an impossible task tonight. They will keep piling on to further their Mike Anderson fantasy. We don't need these kinds of "fans."
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

linze82

Quote from: ua_hogs on November 17, 2009, 08:51:44 pm
Fatigue has nothing to do with defense... oh wait.  We played a freaking zone all game long because their legs would have fallen off if they had played man defense.  Zone = open looks on the perimeter, and Louisville just happens to have good perimeter shooters.  Learn something about the game before posting "WHERE IS THE DEFENSE? 15 wide-open 3pointers."

you don't have to play man all game. you can change your looks on d to try to hide your holes(no depth) did we ever go to a 2-3 matchup or m2m for a couple of possesions to try to disrupt timing? i we did i didn't see it.
smite me bishes

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 17, 2009, 08:49:00 pm
Screw you. who are you to tell me to grow up? and to tell me whats important to me? i love Razorback basketball, and it hurts me when they lose.screw you. get out of my face.

I'm the one of the guys who has to read your constant flow of immature whining and negativity. 

You're hurt about the Hogs?  Good, that means you care about the program.  Deal with it like a man and not some little girl who runs in the house screaming any time you get your knee skinned up.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

lookinupthehill

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 17, 2009, 08:34:49 pm
Bullcrap! i ask again,WHERE IS THE DEFENSE? 15 wide-open 3pointers. this defense looks just like last years. even if we get beat. we have got to play some defense. this team has given up 95 points as i type.almost 100 points given up.PITIFUL!

LOL... "Bullcrap" you say.  Those guys were out there running for 2 hours with maybe 10 minutes total to rest.  How about you go outside and run around your house for TEN MINUTES, then play me in some one on one and I'll judge you on your defense. 

Louisville was a #1 seed last year and is currently #22 (and will almost assuredly move up).  You think they have some talent?  Oh... what about depth?  They had twice as many guys that could play ball and run our butts to death. 

Notorious H.O.G

Quote from: ua_hogs on November 17, 2009, 08:51:44 pm

Agreed said the same thing in my previous post.  Some ppl aren't too knowledgeable and just say silly stuff that makes them look clueless..."They had tons of open shots, etc..." lol I don't claim to know a lot just a few "basic" things about the game of basketball.

jdhawg

the man is "our" coach if your a razorback fan.support him till he no longer his.what good his bashing the man doing.

linze82

Quote from: jdhawg on November 17, 2009, 08:56:23 pm
the man is "our" coach if your a razorback fan.support him till he no longer his.what good his bashing the man doing.

agree. it's his to pull out of the ditch. i'm pulling for him and pulling for my hogs. starting to get a little concerned though.
smite me bishes

The real Hogules

November 17, 2009, 08:58:48 pm #29 Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 09:01:21 pm by The real Hogules
Quote from: ballhog on November 17, 2009, 08:41:30 pm
I didn't get hacked one time. Anyone that didn't expect this result going into the game was only fooling themselves.

Maybe we bought into the line of bull crap from the end of last season, that went something like "just wait until next season"........................................

And as for not getting hacked one time, maybe some of us still held out hope that our once great program could return to those type of teams, but sadly I just don't see that happening under Jon Pelphery.

If we're not willing to pay UK type money to land a big name coach, then we are doomed to be (at best) a mediocre program for the foreseeable future.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

crazyrazy

Occur to anyone that this season we may start respectable and finish respected?

Sed76

Quote from: lookinupthehill on November 17, 2009, 08:56:08 pm
LOL... "Bullcrap" you say.  Those guys were out there running for 2 hours with maybe 10 minutes total to rest.  How about you go outside and run around your house for TEN MINUTES, then play me in some one on one and I'll judge you on your defense. 

Louisville was a #1 seed last year and is currently #22 (and will almost assuredly move up).  You think they have some talent?  Oh... what about depth?  They had twice as many guys that could play ball and run our butts to death.

These guys should be conditioned to play a full 40 minutes. If they are not run them some more.

jdhawg

oh i'm concerned too.but bashing the man everyday from your prison cell over in forrest city gets old.

The real Hogules

Quote from: crazyrazy on November 17, 2009, 09:00:03 pm
Occur to anyone that this season we may start respectable and finish respected?

No................................
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Knot2brite

Louisville also shot some of the longest three point shots I have seen in a game and made them. Alot of the shots they made for three was in transistion when we were dead legging it back down the court. I have never been a fan of the 2-3 zone because the backside rotation can never get the the shot from the angle but it is what we had tonight for defense. Folks we are going to see alot of people shooting those shots until we get some depth back to be able to play man to man. My problem is that we are not moving on offense.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ua_hogs

Quote from: linze82 on November 17, 2009, 08:55:37 pm
you don't have to play man all game. you can change your looks on d to try to hide your holes(no depth) did we ever go to a 2-3 matchup or m2m for a couple of possesions to try to disrupt timing? i we did i didn't see it.

Man is only effective if you have fresh legs. When during this game did we have fresh legs other than the first five minutes of each half?  Instead of burning those legs quicker, we went with a zone all game. Louisville would have abused us each and every time we went to man, not that they didn't anyway. But an open three is better than an open layup.

crazyrazy

forrest city joe

I said it when Nutt was here and i will say it about Pel. i support the program. coaches come and go, but the Razorbaclk program stands.you spin doctors are unreal. Louisville had open looks from start to finish. they scored almost 50 points in the first half. were we already tired then.?this team played no defense last year. and i saw none tonight. the excuse that they were tired in the 2nd half is bullcrap. we gave up 48 points in the first and 2nd half. spin that.

HawgAdvocate

November 17, 2009, 09:06:19 pm #39 Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 09:10:56 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: forrest city joe on November 17, 2009, 08:22:57 pm
I hurt as a fan of arkansas basketball. yes im feeling sorry for myself. but i also feel so sorry for our players.(the good kids) yea i know we are shorthanded.but does it really matter if we have people like Fortson and Welsh? the sad thing is what Eddie and Nolan built is gone.this is so sad it hurts to the core.all we hawg fans can do is support our kids and pray. as i type this we are behind by 24 points. and we are still not playing any defense. they have 13 wide-open 3 pointers. even underman teams should be able to play a little defense. man this hurts to see arkansas basketball like this.

Once again you show you have no idea what it's like to play 40 minutes of full court basketball. What else is new??
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ua_hogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 17, 2009, 09:05:35 pm
I said it when Nutt was here and i will say it about Pel. i support the program. coaches come and go, but the Razorbaclk program stands.you spin doctors are unreal. Louisville had open looks from start to finish. they scored almost 50 points in the first half. were we already tired then.?this team played no defense last year. and i saw none tonight. the excuse that they were tired in the 2nd half is bullcrap. we gave up 48 points in the first and 2nd half. spin that.

You really are clueless, every time I read one of your posts I get dumber.

forrest city joe

November 17, 2009, 09:10:52 pm #41 Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 09:12:26 pm by forrest city joe
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 17, 2009, 09:06:19 pm
Once again you show you have no idea what it's like to 40 minutes of full court basketball. What else is new??
Tell me something. at what point will you guys stand up and say no more excuses? 5 years from now, or 2,3,4 years? or will you be posting this same stuff next year?

LJHOG

Back in the day Eddie Sutton used to play 6 or 7 guys and the starting 5 most of the game.  But, then like he said, if you score 60 points you should win the game.  That was then.  This is NOW.  You can't play 5 or 6 guys against a top 25 team with the shot clock and expect anything other than what happened tonight.  The last 10 minutes of each half were hell on the Hogs.  So lighten up and cheer for those who are playing.

jdhawg

Hogville.net Rocks!

Re: It hurts so much i sit here and watch this and
« Reply #38 on: Today at 09:05:35 PM » Quote 

why do you keep saying "we" it's clear you never played basketball by your stupid comments on how to play the game.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 17, 2009, 09:10:52 pm
Tell me something. at what point will you guys stand up and say no more excuses? 5 years from now, or 234 years? or will you be posting this same stuff next year?

Once we get rid of Heath's players (Welsh & PB, thanks for ditching us). Once we get beyond the APR nightmare that Heath left us with.

It's year TWO with new players. TWO!!!! We just replaced the entire roster last year, with a coaching staff that had less than a year to recruit new players.

Did you want Pel to bring in his South Bama recruits?!?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hawgrox

Yep...last year after the Texas game...he said something like (and I paraphrase)...

"Man...are we on the right track or what? I love this team! I love the way that Pel is coaching this team! Let's get behind this team folks!"....or something to that affect.

I am sure you can find the exact quote if you look hard enough.

I used to think more of you Joe...I too lived through The Triplets...May/Day...Corliss/Scotty...and it hurts me too to watch this team lose...but get some perspective brother!

hogman310

Joe.  You need to wake up.  When you are playing a zone you are going to get some open looks. That's a fact! Why are you always such a pessimist.  Pel did the right thing by suspending those guys. We played very poorly at times, but we also did some very good things.  It's the second game of the season and you act like the season is over.  Just curious if you ever played sports.  My guess is basket weaving and the chess club.

Marshfieldhog

Pel isn't going to get the time to rebuild due ticket sales in the tank, I wonder if they sold even half the tickets

Hog33

Ease up a bit on these guys. Remember history.  Nolan's second year we lost to Pittsburgh 114-82 in Hawaii.  The next year we lost to Maryland by 27.  And Didn't UMass lay a plus 20 on us in the opener in 94-95 the year we got back to the championship game.  We have better players than last year and more are on the way.  It took Nolan four years to rebuild from the slop Eddie left him when he crawled to Kentucky(Spit).  I could say more but you negative guys don't want to hear it.  The worm is turning.

606hog