Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today's the day...

Started by Hopeful Hog, January 02, 2018, 07:47:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopeful Hog

Today's the day things are gonna change!! I can feel it, can you feel it?!? I was talking to my dog this morning and we agree that the announcement of a program changing DC is gonna be heard on this very day. Let it be written, the land was cold and dark then Morris said let there be defense and there was defense. Morris will take this bringer of sacks and ints to a high mountain and tell him all the light touches will be his to recruit and take the very best to raise to be warriors of the HILL (while Elton John sings circle of life of course). Where there was once apathy there will be excitement, where there was once disgust there will be joy, where there was once laugher from opponents there will be anguish!! NO LONGER WILL WE BE RUN ON...PASSED ON....AND SCORED ON!! REJOICE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, FOR THE DAY OF RECKONING IS UPON US!! THERE....WILL....BE....DEFENSE!!!!!!!!

Can I get a witness?!?

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Hopeful Hog

CabotHog87

Weird response for a weird OP. Seems legit.

livevanguy

Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

synthartist69

Just hoping it's not Chavis

bphi11ips

The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert ...

We'll get a good DC.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

RebelW

Hopeful Hog

razorkev

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 02, 2018, 08:23:52 am
Blasphemy? That's an odd name for a DC.

Allright..now i got coffee in my sinuses from that 1
In God I Trust

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 02, 2018, 07:47:22 am
Today's the day things are gonna change!! I can feel it, can you feel it?!? I was talking to my dog this morning and we agree that the announcement of a program changing DC is gonna be heard on this very day. Let it be written, the land was cold and dark then Morris said let there be defense and there was defense. Morris will take this bringer of sacks and ints to a high mountain and tell him all the light touches will be his to recruit and take the very best to raise to be warriors of the HILL (while Elton John sings circle of life of course). Where there was once apathy there will be excitement, where there was once disgust there will be joy, where there was once laugher from opponents there will be anguish!! NO LONGER WILL WE BE RUN ON...PASSED ON....AND SCORED ON!! REJOICE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, FOR THE DAY OF RECKONING IS UPON US!! THERE....WILL....BE....DEFENSE!!!!!!!!

Can I get a witness?!?

SemperFi

I sure hope that today is the day that we announce our new DC. Enjoyed the OP's take....needed a good laugh.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hawg Life

Quote from: SemperFi on January 02, 2018, 10:45:24 am
I sure hope that today is the day that we announce our new DC. Enjoyed the OP's take....needed a good laugh.

Thursday

GoHogs1091

Quote from: synthartist69 on January 02, 2018, 08:19:23 am

I would hire Vic Koenning or Mike Stoops before I would hire John Chavis.

Koenning's defense helped Troy beat LSU in Baton Rouge this season, and Stoops has won a game against Alabama more recently than Chavis has (when OU beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl).

HillBillyHogfan

Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Flrazrback

The market on quality Cooridinators is likely getting pretty thin. CCM has said there is allot of interest for our job, but evidently the people interested are not the person or persons he would like.. or .. like others has speculated, it's ironing out details, waiting for the water to calm is taking to darn long.. lol

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: synthartist69 on January 02, 2018, 08:19:23 am

Shhh....there are those here who believe they are channeling his agent. You might hurt their feelings.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

PorkSoda

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 02, 2018, 03:24:57 pm
Shhh....there are those here who believe they are channeling his agent. You might hurt their feelings.
you mean people that have read what has been reported?

obviously things can change, but its not really going out on a limb to predict Chavis
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Flrazrback

As I understand it, as of Jan 1, 2018 at 12:00am, we have a Head Football Coach but NO assistants. Contracts were signed for the purpose of recruiting but those are now expired. Certainly one would think there are other agreements in place, and perhaps we have a DC also who just has not been revieled.. Hopefully this is the case...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 02, 2018, 08:21:36 am

We'll get a good DC.

Now that's a song...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Can I get a witness?!?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BroyledNutts

Can I get a witness?!?

I gotta meet this dog ...

redeye

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 02, 2018, 08:21:36 am

We'll get a good DC.

You have desert for breakfast?

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.