Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WGC Mexico

Started by ricepig, March 04, 2017, 03:20:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Phil is trying to see all of the course today, or the parts that aren't in the fairway.

Jackrabbit Hog

He's never been to Mexico.  Can't blame him for sightseeing.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HognitiveDissonance

Interesting that Johnny Miller didn't make the trip to Mexico for NBC.

Maybe he was afraid of Montezuma's Revenge.

Maybe with good reason, seeing so many guys catch a bug down there.

ricepig

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on March 08, 2017, 11:04:00 pm
Interesting that Johnny Miller didn't make the trip to Mexico for NBC.

Maybe he was afraid of Montezuma's Revenge.

Maybe with good reason, seeing so many guys catch a bug down there.

They said he was dealing with a family issue, they didn't go any further.

ronmahony

Back in December the golf channel showed a bunch of Ashely Wonderful World of golf matches. I TiVo'd some of them and watched a few last night. One of them was Phil vs Garcia, back in 2001. It was a great match, every time Phil drive you could hear "oh man!"lol I just looked it is on YouTube. Y'all ought to watch it, Phil made a lot of great saves.

https://youtu.be/ojarX1PBm10
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ronmahony on March 15, 2017, 08:23:06 pm
Back in December the golf channel showed a bunch of Ashely Wonderful World of golf matches. I TiVo'd some of them and watched a few last night. One of them was Phil vs Garcia, back in 2001. It was a great match, every time Phil drive you could hear "oh man!"lol I just looked it is on YouTube. Y'all ought to watch it, Phil made a lot of great saves.

They played one of the all-time great Ryder Cup matches last year when they both shot (as I recall) 63.

Phil is one of those guys like Greg Norman who has had more than his share of events where he played all-time great but someone else played all-time greater.  He has shot two of the four or five lowest 72 hole scores in majors history but lost both times, once to David Toms and last year to Henrik Stenson.  He also shot 14 under, which would have won most every Masters in history, but lost to Spieth's incredible putting exhibition two years ago.

ronmahony

Yeah I saw the Masters, what I was talking about is even then, when he made a bad drive he made some great recovery shots. I know Sergio kept thinking I got him now, oh well no I don't. It was a great match.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.