Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chuck Barrett and Jeff Long

Started by Boarsnest, October 28, 2017, 09:00:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarsnest

Jeff Long was on the pregame radio show this morning. Did anyone catch all of the interview?

I didn't catch all of it but what I did catch Chuck was bringing out all of the positives in Razoback Athletics, track, baseball, basketball, golf and even soccer. Questions about Bret and football were totally avoided. Long did comment that soccer had suffered a ton of injuries just like the football team that had made it difficult for them to compete.

I missed the first part just wondering if football was discussed.

jst01

They both follow a script and pump out propaganda, it's their job. Doesn't matter what they say.

parallaxpig

Long is not gonna say anything unless you want the Texas A&M situation. They have egg all over the faces at this point.........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

RedRazorHog

That's because Chuck is NOT a journalist and is a pure-bred HOMER.  There is never anything objective in his schtick... just a waste of time.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

ricepig

Quote from: RedRazorHog on October 28, 2017, 09:10:46 am
That's because Chuck is NOT a journalist and is a pure-bred HOMER.  There is never anything objective in his schtick... just a waste of time.

He's hired by the university, of course he is a homer. Do you think a broadcast by the university is going to be negative to itself?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on October 28, 2017, 09:14:41 am
He's hired by the university, of course he is a homer. Do you think a broadcast by the university is going to be negative to itself?

Ha! Exactly.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

grassroothog

Quote from: Ward on October 28, 2017, 09:09:40 am
Football is the Big Mac and the Quarter Pounders with Cheese

all the other sports are the french fries and the apple pies and the little to-go ketchup packets
Hungry this morning? Lol!

HoggieStyle

October 28, 2017, 09:23:55 am #7 Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:34:04 am by HoggieStyle
Did Chuck refer to Hogvillians who prefer a new coach as "Islamic terrorists" again?

KennyForAD

Grody to the max.  Gag me with a spoon!

nwahogfan1

His job to be loyal to his job. Goodness.

Tusks

Im surprised Long even raised his inept head out of the ground.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

EastexHawg

Quote from: HoggieStyle on October 28, 2017, 09:23:55 am
Did Chuck refer to Hogvillians who prefer a new coach as "Islamic terrorists" again?

"Setting the program back ten years!" Oh, wait, Long already started that clock running when he hired John L. Smith and then big un.  I guess the bright side is that we are already in the middle of year six.

The OTR

Well you asked if anyone heard it. So far in this thread no one has answered the question so I'll answer it. Yep I heard it.  He started with the the most important thing on fans' minds, track, I believe cross country....talked about how some schools didn't take that very seriously implying that we did, making him and the U of A better than most other SEC schools...talked very briefly about football and blabbered about of course it was important to win..winning is important...blabbered on about golf and baseball and basketball and Hunter Henry and where he was standing on the field a few years ago during that play and how the ball almost was right in front of him making me wonder what would have happened if he had picked it up and started running around the field with the football for just a moment...

His avoidance of anything of substance regarding the football team spoke volumes.  Jeff Long...master of smokescreens, just hid behind a big smokescreen named Chuck Barrett.

Dark Helmet Hog

Chuck sold out to become a mouthpiece years ago. Now he will always be just a piece, a piece that gets paid though.

Kevin

it is the pre game show, on the razorback networks. it is a cheerleading show.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Boarsnest on October 28, 2017, 09:00:29 am
Jeff Long was on the pregame radio show this morning. Did anyone catch all of the interview?

I didn't catch all of it but what I did catch Chuck was bringing out all of the positives in Razoback Athletics, track, baseball, basketball, golf and even soccer. Questions about Bret and football were totally avoided. Long did comment that soccer had suffered a ton of injuries just like the football team that had made it difficult for them to compete.

I missed the first part just wondering if football was discussed.

Does JL really believe injuries are the Hogs' problem?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Poker_hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 28, 2017, 09:54:09 am
"Setting the program back ten years!" Oh, wait, Long already started that clock running when he hired John L. Smith and then big un.  I guess the bright side is that we are already in the middle of year six.

Ironically it's been about 10 years since chuck said that.  We've had exactly 2 good years since we fired nutt.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

parallaxpig

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 28, 2017, 09:57:37 am
Chuck sold out to become a mouthpiece years ago. Now he will always be just a piece, a piece that gets paid though.

Tells how you feel about Paul Ells and Mike Nail......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 28, 2017, 10:00:19 am
Tells how you feel about Paul Ells and Mike Nail......

Not sure they ever called Hog fans terrorists.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Drop the Mike

That's weird, I also notice that papa John never eats at Pizza Hut

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Ward on October 28, 2017, 09:09:40 am
Football is the Big Mac and the Quarter Pounders with Cheese

all the other sports are the french fries and the apple pies and the little to-go ketchup packets

Thanks for being totally dismissive of all the athletes that play those sports as well as their families. That was brilliant.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 28, 2017, 09:59:51 am
Does JL really believe injuries are the Hogs' problem?
That's where his selling point will be made to try and keep Bret around another year. Blame it on injuries not his incompetence.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Ward on October 28, 2017, 10:09:43 am
Chuck....

....Dicus....

Chuck...!...Dicus...!

Chuck...!...Dicus...!

Chuck...!...Dicus...!

Chuck...!...Dicus...!

Chuck...!...Dicus...!

Let's do it. Three year contract as AD to point things in the right direction and groom his replacement for 2021

Because of his lengthy history as an AD?
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Polecat

Quote from: jst01 on October 28, 2017, 09:04:21 am
They both follow a script and pump out propaganda, it's their job. Doesn't matter what they say.

#fact
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

parallaxpig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 28, 2017, 10:01:58 am
Not sure they ever called Hog fans terrorists.

probably never called Alabama fans mouth breathing knuckle draggers either......

rljjr

Uh, he's an employee. It's his job. There's a lot to criticize him about, but this isn't one.

Pigasaurus

He doesn't want to get Joe Kleined for speaking truth to power.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Darren DeLoach

You guy's have never listened to much university-sponsored radio programming. I have caught the pregame at dozens, and it all sounds the same. We actually have decent shows on the air in relation to other SEC programs. Folks harp on Bo Mattingly, but when traveling I listen to a lot of radio, and Bo's show is as good as anyone's. I tire of the airtime that they give people like Eddie from Clarksville and such, but otherwise pretty good.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 28, 2017, 10:13:25 am
probably never called Alabama fans mouth breathing knuckle draggers either......

Well, that's a given and need not be spoken!!

Pigstie

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 28, 2017, 10:11:00 am
That's where his selling point will be made to try and keep Bret around another year. Blame it on injuries not his incompetence.
He was staying before the injuries.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: pigasaurus on October 28, 2017, 10:28:32 am
He doesn't want to get Joe Kleined for speaking truth to power.

Doubt he would even consider it.

Boarsnest

We have a lot to be proud of with our athletic program. I realize that football is not one of them right now. I'm proud of our facilities and feel they are as nice as anyone's in the SEC. We are also sound financially something else that should make us proud. I'm neutral on Long, but Bret needs to go at the end of the season. In my opinion giving Bret another year is just delaying the inevitable. I just hope that Rice is correct that Long will have direction with the next hire.

We just have to find right coach which is not an easy task, look at TN, LSU to name a couple. I'm not buying the poor Arkansas crap, we have a lot of positives to offer a young aggressive coach. We are not Alabama but we can be competitive with the right coach, that was proven by CBP and he wasn't a great recruiter. A good X and O's coach that can recruit or that can put a good staff together that can recruit can be competitive and successful here.

I didn't expect for Chuck to throw Bret and the football program under the bus. I'm aware of Chuck's affiliation with the athletic program, I was just curious if Long made any comments about the football program.

Boarsnest

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 28, 2017, 09:56:51 am
Well you asked if anyone heard it. So far in this thread no one has answered the question so I'll answer it. Yep I heard it.  He started with the the most important thing on fans' minds, track, I believe cross country....talked about how some schools didn't take that very seriously implying that we did, making him and the U of A better than most other SEC schools...talked very briefly about football and blabbered about of course it was important to win..winning is important...blabbered on about golf and baseball and basketball and Hunter Henry and where he was standing on the field a few years ago during that play and how the ball almost was right in front of him making me wonder what would have happened if he had picked it up and started running around the field with the football for just a moment...

His avoidance of anything of substance regarding the football team spoke volumes.  Jeff Long...master of smokescreens, just hid behind a big smokescreen named Chuck Barrett.

Thanks

Dr. Starcs

HardCore

Quote from: Kevin on October 28, 2017, 09:58:04 am
it is the pre game show, on the razorback networks. it is a cheerleading show.

We have one of the few sports media's that literally owned and controlled by the represented University.  It's all propaganda.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: HardCore on October 28, 2017, 11:45:49 am
We have one of the few sports media's that literally owned and controlled by the represented University.  It's all propaganda.