Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what i know

Started by tconey1, January 18, 2018, 06:16:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tconey1

I'm not a BB expert or coach but I have been involved in the game for 40 yrs so I'm not a dummy on the subject either. That being said, I've got to say a few things about this team.

1  The experiment with#13 is not working and needs to be scrapped! No scoring, no rebounding and no defense doesn't 
work.

2. If one of the 3 senior guards does not decide to be an assist first pg, then one needs to sit and try to get more rebounding or defense into the game.

3  In the half court offense,  if Gafford doesn't touch the ball at least once, all 4 other players need to be subbed for and explained to again who the most important player is.

4. No more switching on the high picks.  Fight through the weak screens being set so our big guys are not guarding the other teams point guards. Every team we play runs the same offense against us.  Its like they watch film or something! 

5. Along with point 1,  younger guys need more time because the senior forwards are bringing nothing to the table.

Again,  I'm not trying to be a know-it-all but I have played and watched this game for over 40yrs. 

lynbug

Have to say there is much validity to those points.  Unfortunately I don't think any of them will change.

txkhog

PonderinHog

If you're not a BB expert or a coach, did you stay at a Holiday Inn express last night?

Good post!