Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calm down folks.let the season play out.there are going to be more losses

Started by forrest city joe, January 17, 2018, 08:17:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Things are not always as bad as they look,or as good as they look.team is not playing well right now.but it can turn around. so i am not going to go crazy afyer every loss.there are going to be more losses.just got to stay calm and win the rest of our home games.and steal a couple on the road.i am not going to panic. LET THE SEASON PLAY OUT FOLKS!

Kenny Dowell Loggains

alohawg

This team is a disaster, losing 5-6 and almost 6 in a row. Wth are you even talking about?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

NorthDallas40

Good post Mrs. Anderson. Bless your heart for standing by your man!

hobhog

My son is student up there. It's ugly. Not MA fans by any means.

Dr. Starcs

We are not good. Mike isn't getting it done.

Start a rock kicking team and let him coach you up Joe.

Letsroll1200

It's a marathon. Really like the effort in the second half. Mike will get it turned around. Left this game feeling optimistic.

razorpimp

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2018, 08:17:53 pm
Things are not always as bad as they look,or as good as they look.team is not playing well right now.but it can turn around. so i am not going to go crazy afyer every loss.there are going to be more losses.just got to stay calm and win the rest of our home games.and steal a couple on the road.i am not going to panic. LET THE SEASON PLAY OUT FOLKS!

Interesting you say that after a loss!!!  You go crazy with how wonderful mediocre Mike is after each win....but then tell people to calm down after a butt whooping!!!!  Sorry I mean another butt whooping....how many is that this year?

maxhog5

What an idiot!

The OTR

Joe you are truly my hero.  You are better than I could ever be.

Kevin

you just posted so you can say you come on here after losses.

you are not a hog fan, you are a Anderson loyalist.

this team is a couple of plays away from being 0-6 in this league.

time for a change
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SultanofSwine

Are you freaking kidding? Expecting this team to win the rest of the home games AND get a couple on the road is like expecting your fingers not to stink if you pick that turd up by the clean end.

maxhog5

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2018, 08:20:28 pm
It's a marathon. Really like the effort in the second half. Mike will get it turned around. Left this game feeling optimistic.

First Big Enos, now we hear from Little Enos.

forrest city joe

Quote from: alohawg on January 17, 2018, 08:19:28 pm
This team is a disaster, losing 5-6 and almost 6 in a row. Wth are you even talking about?
I said the team is not playing well right now.and i said it can turn around. let the season play out.

The OTR

Could you change your name to Little Joe?

Hogginintheville

It is one thing to lose games but to have the same issues over and over are the problem. I'm sure we win more games and probably one wouldn't shouldn't but it is time to move on from Mike.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: hobhog on January 17, 2018, 08:20:09 pm
My son is student up there. It's ugly. Not MA fans by any means.
Lots of fans frustrated with Anderson for good reason. This team looks really bad!

Hog Pharm

My how our standards have fallen. It's now ok to lose by 20. Hey there will be more like this! Yippee!

Hog Pharm

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2018, 08:22:28 pm
I said the team is not playing well right now.and i said it can turn around. let the season play out.

It's funny how in basketball we hear "let the season play out" but when the football season starts going south it's "fire everyone now!"

Cambridge Hog

lookawayquick

The team will not go on a big winning streak unless it decides to play D, run a consistent offense, make FTs and stop playing hero ball.  Don't see it happening.  No on court leader and CMA doesn't seem to have the attention of his team.

Knot2brite

I get it...we all get it...but what I don't get is how it can be justified. Arkansas has crucified all of their coaches in about year 4 or 5 (except DVH...but he wins ...a lot) and FCJ has led the charge on most of them. I know why he isn't going to lead this charge against HIS coach but what I can't understand is why those that obviously know basketball aren't clamouring for his head. I know the basic MA cheerleaders but I must assume that they are in it for the same reason FCJ is or they have a reason that is unknown to the rest of us....hmmmm
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

elksnort

FCJ= THE guy on Smokey and the Bandits, big Ennis?
Letsroll1200=the sun played by Paul Williams.

"Thats right pa, uncle Mike will get it turned around"
Input, the typical cliche' about marathon, all is not death, or Any other tired horseshit.

1highhog

Like I said before this game tonight, we will more than likely lose 5 out of the next 6 games, tonight's game sure hasn't changed my mind on this statement.

alohawg

The most depressing thing at the moment is the realization that nothing will be done to improve this team, nothing. I fully expect a losing conference record and 20 wins is a pipe dream....on a senior heavy team in yr. 7 for the coach.   :puke:
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

grayhawg

7 years is enough. I was on the Mike Anderson even before he was hired. But I have  began to wonder if the game has passed him by.

MemphisBossHog

Joe Joe Joe Joe---we all understand there are going to be losses.  We all get that, but look at HOW they are losing.   Their so called defense gave up 13 of 25 shooting from 3 tonight.  They missed 10 FTs (9 of 19).  Thats 10 free points they left on the table because either they dont value FTs or they were scared to death playing in front of a hostile crowd at FLA.  Either way, that is terrible and its not the first time  they have lost like this.  They have missed many FTs in other games as well.  This is not uncommon.

If they go play FLA and play them tough down to the wire and lose, then I can handle that, but this was a butt kickin just like LSU was a butt kickin just like Auburn was a butt kicking like HOU was a butt kickin.   These games were not close and none of these teams were ranked at the time.  Auburn is now ranked 17.    This was not a stretch of UNC, Dook, Mich St and Villanova.  These losses were to just solid decent teams and these solid decent teams made Mike's team look like a joke. 

So while I understand that there will be more losses,  this team has some big problems.   Its not just that they are not playing well at this time.  They got whipped by HOU a while ago.   This team started out like 11-2 and now is 12-6.   That is PATHETIC!!!   Lost at home by darned near 30.   There is no lipstick that can be put on this pig.   This team has problems and it starts with NO DEFENSE

alohawg

Based on what?
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

maxhog5

Like the LSU game, here was nothing positive to take from this game.  Arkansas got spanked in every facet of the game.

WoePigSooie

I was in grad school in the mid 90's.  Crowds were insane, games were awesome.  Even when we lost, it looked like  good game.  Nolan had "it", MA doesn't.  Need to move on.

Letsroll1200

porkinsons disease

Anyone else have a Baghdad Bob flashback?
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

oldbooniehog

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2018, 08:32:51 pm
Was the defense better in the second half?
who cares we were already down 15 because of the 1st half defense

hobhog

razorpimp

Why doesn't Mike change things up if they aren't playing well?  Legitimate question...he even went back to starting Macon

Mr. Porkleone

FCJ. I used to be a supporter, but You've become a joke now. Your support of this subpar coach is laughable and your post suggest you may have something wrong with you with this constant love of MA

Please tell us why you think MA is best for job after 7 years, no sec title. 2 NCAA bids. Under 7 top 25's. It don't take 7 years to build a B.B. team.. Don't say we'd lose recruits, that BS.

PATHETIC! 

oldbooniehog

Quote from: hobhog on January 17, 2018, 08:36:46 pm
It can change just need fresh start.

Not much evidence of that since the start of the Stan Heath era.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: WoePigSooie on January 17, 2018, 08:29:54 pm
I was in grad school in the mid 90's.  Crowds were insane, games were awesome.  Even when we lost, it looked like  good game.  Nolan had "it", MA doesn't.  Need to move on.
Hey, I admit it.  I wanted Mike to come back.  He was that "connection" to the glory days.  We all thought that maybe just maybe he could rekindle the huge fire that WAS Arkansas Basketball.   He has had 7 years.   Hog powers that be have stayed with him.  Given him more support and chances than many big time college basketball programs give these days and it appeared it was working, but what I am seeing now is that it has all been a mirage.   

This team is not mentally tough.  They go on the road and play like little school girls.  They are all worried about what their "next level" will be and how they can get their own stats elevated that they have forgotten team defense and ball movement on offense.   Now there is no defense and just a bunch of dribbling and hero ball on offense.  And the sad thing Mike sees it and he cannot stop it.  He is not feared like Nolan was.  If Nolan's kids stopped playing D, they would be sitting on the bench next to him.  Mike just looks perplexed and tells them they are playing hard and as a team but he doesnt do anything about it--at least not in the games he doesnt.

I said in another thread that the Arkansas media needs to take the gloves off and call this what it is--a joke.  Mike's seat needs to get much hotter.  Right now, nobody says anything.   Mike feels no pressure so he doesnt change anything and its NOT working.

razorpimp

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 17, 2018, 08:38:38 pm
FCJ. I used to be a supporter, but You've become a joke now. Your support of this subpar coach is laughable and your post suggest you may have something wrong with you with this constant love of MA

Please tell us why you think MA is best for job after 7 years, no sec title. 2 NCAA bids. Under 7 top 25's. It don't take 7 years to build a B.B. team.. Don't say we'd lose recruits, that BS.

PATHETIC!

CMA is also top 20 in pay

swineology

You forgot this FCJ

"All sickness is not death"

AflacHawg

And then fire his under performing ass.

WoePigSooie

FCJ...  Mike Anderson is a mediocre coach.  And a worse recruiter.  Get over it, we need a real coach here, not someone riding Nolan's coat tails, especially when he can't even carry Nolan's coffee cup.  Game has changed, we need more than an assistant coach with an outdated scheme.

Mr. Porkleone

Peter Porker

Thanks for your input, TJ.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 17, 2018, 08:38:38 pm

PATHETIC!
and the guy that killed you tonight and has killed you for the previous years came from Little Rock and Mike could not get him to come to Fayetteville.   Word was that Florida "outworked" the Arkansas staff and convinced K Allen to go to Gainesville.  That should NEVER NEVER happen.  Now K Allen takes EVERY opportunity to torch ARK, Mike and his staff.   Way to go Mike. No excuse to lose K Allen.

razorpimp

Quote from: WoePigSooie on January 17, 2018, 08:41:24 pm
FCJ...  Mike Anderson is a mediocre coach.  And a worse recruiter.  Get over it, we need a real coach here, not someone riding Nolan's coat tails, especially when he can't even carry Nolan's coffee cup.  Game has changed, we need more than an assistant coach with an outdated scheme.

I will have to say he is excellent at crossing his arms and having a scowl....too bad the players probably just ignore him all the time

Albert Einswine

We got beat by 15 in the first half but fought them to a draw in the second. Progress! LOL
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

WoePigSooie

Quote from: swineology on January 17, 2018, 08:41:05 pm
You forgot this FCJ

"All sickness is not death"

Depends on the sickness...  If it is bad enough, you do, indeed, die.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on January 17, 2018, 08:43:38 pm
and the guy that killed you tonight and has killed you for the previous years came from Little Rock and Mike could not get him to come to Fayetteville.   Word was that Florida "outworked" the Arkansas staff and convinced K Allen to go to Gainesville.  That should NEVER NEVER happen.  Now K Allen takes EVERY opportunity to torch ARK, Mike and his staff.   Way to go Mike. No excuse to lose K Allen.

We got Beard they got Allen.