Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALCS: Baltimore v Kansas City: KC (8-0) Sweeps Baltimore

Started by popcornhog, October 05, 2014, 10:37:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

October 05, 2014, 10:37:41 pm Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:34:39 am by popcornhog
The American League will be represented by a deserving fan base that deserves the recent success, either way.

WPS

clutch

If the Cards don't win, I hope the AL takes it this year. And I NEVER hope that. There's really only two AL teams I like. Both are still alive. I don't care who wins this series. It will sure be fun to watch though. I'm actually more excited about watching this than if the cards make it to the NLCS because I can watch it stress free.

popcornhog

Quote from: clutch on October 05, 2014, 10:41:15 pm
If the Cards don't win, I hope the AL takes it this year. And I NEVER hope that. There's really only two AL teams I like. Both are still alive. I don't care who wins this series. It will sure be fun to watch though. I'm actually more excited about watching this than if the cards make it to the NLCS because I can watch it stress free.

Agreed. The Royals are by far my second favorite team, although I don't care for the AL usually either.

The Orioles are Rick Schaeffer's favorite team fwiw.
WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: popcornhog on October 05, 2014, 10:42:44 pm
Agreed. The Royals are by far my second favorite team, although I don't care for the AL usually either.

The Orioles are Rick Schaeffer's favorite team fwiw.

If Rick likes the O's, go Royals.  ;D
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

pigture perfect

These are my favorite AL teams as well. The Cards will be lucky to make it past the Dodgers and then the giants.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

WPS

GolfNut57

Some may think this is sour grapes but it really isn't. As far as I am concerned I don't care who wins the WS as long as it ISN'T the Orioles. I can't stand that team with Showalter running it and it doesn't help that they have as their star player, Nelson Cruz who was just suspended last year for PED use. With the way he led the league in HRs this year I suspect he is still using them. With that being said......

I really would like to see the Royals pull off the title. My sister lives in KC and I know this would make her year to see it happen.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

clutch

I have no prediction on this series. I literally have no idea what to expect. This should be an awesome series.

I guess if I had to pick I'd be leaning towards the O's in 7 simply because of home field.

popcornhog

I've had to miss a lot of this game, but damn!

O's kept it at 5-5 after Dyson engaged in some questionable base running.
WPS

pigture perfect

I have a feeling that the consistency of the Oriole's and Buck being a superior manager to Ned will be the difference.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

Wow! 3 straight walks to open the 9th.

KC has the bases loaded. No outs.
WPS

popcornhog

WPS

popcornhog

Still not throwing strikes. Hosmer chased one though. 2-1

2-2 now
WPS

popcornhog

WPS

popcornhog

Wow! Ground ball to first and thrown out at home. Hundley may not have made the play. Review?
WPS

popcornhog

WPS

popcornhog

Billy grounds to SS for the DP.

The O's walk the first three batters in the 9th and escape without giving up a run.
WPS

popcornhog

Gordon with a lead off HR to take the lead 6-5.

Top 10th
WPS

popcornhog

Moose had a 2 run shot in the top of the 10th to make it 8-5.
WPS

popcornhog

O's pulled within 8-6 and Markakis came to the plate with 2 outs and runners on first and second but grounded out to end the game.
WPS

popcornhog

I didn't get to watch any if it because I was busy being depressed at DWRRS, but wow -- the Royals just keep winning. They're in good shape going back to KC.
WPS

popcornhog

Jeremy Guyhrie (former Oriole) will pitch game 3.

He has not pitched since September 22 or so. Shockingly, this is his first career playoff start.

Fwiw, looks like a very good chance it's gonna be rained out.
WPS

popcornhog

It's looking like tonight's game may not happen. The weather here in KC is pretty nasty.
WPS

DukeOfPork

Lifelong Royals fan here and I'm a bit conflicted.  As much as I want to see the sweep and have the Royals keep rolling into the World Series, I have tickets to Game 5.

Such a dilemma watching tonight's game!

GolfNut57

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 14, 2014, 03:36:38 pm
Lifelong Royals fan here and I'm a bit conflicted.  As much as I want to see the sweep and have the Royals keep rolling into the World Series, I have tickets to Game 5.

Such a dilemma watching tonight's game!

You pull for KC to win tonight to give them the 3-0 series lead that will be almost insurmountable for the O's to overcome. (Afterall, until 2004 no team had ever come back from being down 3-0 in a best of seven postseason series)Then you can sit back and not worry should they lose game four because you have tickets to game five.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 14, 2014, 04:02:33 pm
You pull for KC to win tonight to give them the 3-0 series lead that will be almost insurmountable for the O's to overcome. (Afterall, until 2004 no team had ever come back from being down 3-0 in a best of seven postseason series)Then you can sit back and not worry should they lose game four because you have tickets to game five.

Yep, that is the perfect scenario.  I grabbed the Game 5 tickets because it was a day game and I could get back home before midnight.  I never dreamed that they would take BOTH games in Baltimore!

My only fear is that since they are on a 7 game winning streak (six of those wins in the playoffs), when they do finally lose, will it be a 2 or 3 or 4 game skid?  You see that so often in baseball.

I grew up going to tons of KC games and watching Brett, White, McRae, Wilson, Otis, and those guys.  I've grown bored of baseball in recent years, but this run has been a heavy dose of nostalgia for me.

GolfNut57

DukeOfPork

Yep.  Done.

The Royals are amazing.  If you let them take a lead to the 7th, you're done.

Herrera.

Davis.

Holland.

Game Over.

GolfNut57

So if there is no game five, do you get your money back for those tickets? Might be a dumb ? but I have never bought playoff tickets before.

popcornhog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 14, 2014, 10:53:50 pm
So if there is no game five, do you get your money back for those tickets? Might be a dumb ? but I have never bought playoff tickets before.

Yes. Probably.

It depends where he bought them. If he got them through the box office, yes (minus processing fees). Also, most reputable 3rd party vendor/facilitators will simply hold the funds at the time of purchase and release the funds back to you if the game is not played. I had this happen to me two years ago when I bought World Series tickets (in St Louis) when we were up 3-1 over the Giants in the NLCS. I still feel somewhat responsible for jinxing the team.
WPS

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: popcornhog on October 14, 2014, 11:38:35 pm
Yes. Probably.

It depends where he bought them. If he got them through the box office, yes (minus processing fees). Also, most reputable 3rd party vendor/facilitators will simply hold the funds at the time of purchase and release the funds back to you if the game is not played. I had this happen to me two years ago when I bought World Series tickets (in St Louis) when we were up 3-1 over the Giants in the NLCS. I still feel somewhat responsible for jinxing the team.

Can you buy them again ;)

popcornhog

WPS

DukeOfPork

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 14, 2014, 10:53:50 pm

I'm about to find out because I think Baltimore is finished.  It was through StubHub.

popcornhog

WPS

popcornhog

Adam Jones leads off the top of the order in the top of the 9th with the Royals up 2-1.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: popcornhog on October 15, 2014, 05:57:41 pm
Adam Jones leads off the top of the order in the top of the 9th with the Royals up 2-1.

Lead off walk with Nelson Cruz at the plate representing the go ahead run.
WPS

popcornhog

WPS

popcornhog

WPS

popcornhog

WPS