Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1/26 latest buzz

Started by WaltonCollege, January 26, 2015, 03:43:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

I'm hearing per sources that Zuniga is likely a Florida commit. Also hearing we are hard on dexter Williams some 4 star running back out of Florida. This guy is a stud anyone hear anything?

PaintballHog

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawg1221

Every time I hear about Arkansas going after a running back, the last name always seems to be Williams.  What's up with that??

Hoggish1

Florida is a hurting program right now and I love it!

RazorPiggie

Haven't heard a think about Williams. Sounds like he announcing signing day between ND, Miami, and Louisville.

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 26, 2015, 04:03:53 pm
Haven't heard a think about Williams. Sounds like he announcing signing day between ND, Miami, and Louisville.

Yep, that's his final three, as of today.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 26, 2015, 03:47:56 pm
Every time I hear about Arkansas going after a running back, the last name always seems to be Williams.  What's up with that??

CBB wants his backfield to sound like a law firm.

Need a first down?  Want to get yards and keep the clock running? Want to run over your opponent for a touchdown?  Then the back field of Williams, Williams and Collins is team for you.

Scott7703

CBB and others have been in to see him trying to get him in this weekend for a visit. We shall see if it works.

WaltonCollege

Yeah he just visited aTm last weekend hopefully we can pull him to NWA for a visit

redeye

WooPig90

Not so fast my friends

"With his remaining visit to be determined, likely between Marshall and Arkansas. He has already visited Miami and Louisville with his other official trips."

ADavisTheGOAT

I remember RD mentioning Dexter Williams in an article one day.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Been10Hog

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 04:20:50 pm
Not so fast my friends

"With his remaining visit to be determined, likely between Marshall and Arkansas. He has already visited Miami and Louisville with his other official trips."
Exactly! According to Rivals he has only taken 4

WooPig90

I still think we are on the outside looking in, but get him to the hill and you never know.

Scott7703

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 04:25:09 pm
I still think we are on the outside looking in but, get him to the hill and you never know.

That's it. Get them on campus and see what happens.

ricepig

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 04:20:50 pm
Not so fast my friends

Can't be, I just read an article that said those were the three hats on the table, lol. Hey, hopefully we get a visit, then anything is possible.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 04:25:09 pm
I still think we are on the outside looking in, but get him to the hill and you never know.

Very likely, but yes, worth the try.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WooPig90

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 04:34:40 pm
Can't be, I just read an article that said those were the three hats on the table, lol. Hey, hopefully we get a visit, then anything is possible.

Never know, I always thought it was between Miami, Louisville and ND but he did visit A&M last weekend soo theres a chance!

PaintballHog

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 04:41:46 pm
Never know, I always thought it was between Miami, Louisville and ND but he did visit A&M last weekend soo theres a chance!

Miami already has 2 4* rbs so I'm confident we can beat them out, not sure about the other two.

regi

Did somebody run this info by Scurf?

The_Boot_stops_here

if TW visits Houston, it's more likely that is out of respect for his former HS coach than anything else...that and proximity

WooPig90

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 26, 2015, 04:43:35 pm
Miami already has 2 4* rbs so I'm confident we can beat them out, not sure about the other two.

Well his best friend is a WR commit for ND so that doesnt help lol

Edit : Not a commit, but there is a good chance that he will be going to ND

PaintballHog

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 04:48:17 pm

Well crap.

ricepig

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 04:48:17 pm

Aren't we looking for a WR to commit, bring em both.....

WooPig90

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 04:51:37 pm

Wouldnt that be nice

regi

Why are we, of all programs, having a hard time landing a stud top 200 type back? Makes no sense. I love the Williams kid, but with J-Will ad AC both probably playing their last season...

WooPig90

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 04:51:37 pm

Nvm he is probably going to play CB but still we could bring both!

WooPig90

Quote from: regi on January 26, 2015, 04:57:30 pm
Why are we, of all programs, having a hard time landing a stud top 200 type back? Makes no sense. I love the Williams kid, but with J-Will ad AC both probably playing their last season...

Not sure, but I just dont think we really tried THAT hard this year to land one. Especially because we cant offer immediate playing time. Next year i think will be a different case

redswarmrising

Quote from: regi on January 26, 2015, 04:57:30 pm

i'm betting AC stays for his senior season.you can tell he loves this program too much to leave for the NFL after his Jr. season

The Recruiting Guy

ricepig

jjdlc

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 04:58:25 pm
Not sure, but I just dont think we really tried THAT hard this year to land one. Especially because we cant offer immediate playing time. Next year i think will be a different case

After we got RW3 it seemed like we backed off running backs for a long while.  Seems like we are looking again all of the sudden.  I wonder if this has something to do with the new OC wanting to bring in another RB instead of another WR?

SquidBilly

Highly rated RBs can usually come in and contribute from the moment they step on campus.  They do themselves no favors coming into a situation where they sit for a year or two.

davispard

Quote from: jjdlc on January 26, 2015, 06:15:56 pm
After we got RW3 it seemed like we backed off running backs for a long while.  Seems like we are looking again all of the sudden.  I wonder if this has something to do with the new OC wanting to bring in another RB instead of another WR?
I think that's it's more to do with having spots available.  They, coaches, may not feel very good about those last spots.  Pretty sure Jabri is headed to Florida, and Weathersby is somewhat iffy(I like our chances) but that's just me.  That leaves 2 spots.  I don't think Hill is going to the Hill; hence they are out "beating the bushes"...

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 26, 2015, 03:43:01 pm
I'm hearing per sources that Zuniga is likely a Florida commit. Also hearing we are hard on dexter Williams some 4 star running back out of Florida. This guy is a stud anyone hear anything?
nooooo!!!! We need Zuniga !!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang