Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Bielema as a recruiter

Started by kaki, January 25, 2015, 09:52:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kaki

It has been noticeable in other instances, but seeing pictures posted on Richard Davenport's twitter, it sure looks like that Coach B enjoys being with the kids and it seems that feeling is mutual.  Neat pictures from their visit to Deon Stewart's house really reinforce my observations.

They are working hard and not seemingly taking any of the commitments for granted.  I am excited to see the results of this staff's efforts. 

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

The Recruiting Guy

I've said it many times, Bielema is the best recruiting head coach at Arkansas since Frank Broyles. As the program progressives you'll see him land more and more highly recruited prospects. He's done it will rebuilding a program in the first three classes.

BrassNunchucks

I feel really good about those two corners that committed this week. All kinds of potential.

secneahog

I'm sure Bielema has made your job exciting again. Being able to actually close on some great talent. You do a great job Richard.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

greenie

I don't know what kind of recruiter that Coach Broyles was (he must have been pretty good), but there's no doubt that he's the best/hardest working recruiter that we've had as head coach since then. 

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

secneahog

Razor6

This is very good information and pictures.

The old coach speak of "walking into a kids house to recruit him"... I think Beliema truly means it... And when he is having his pre game and post game speeches in the years to come, he will have earned every ounce of respect and can mutually share the good and bad moments with "his recruits" as they embrace growing and developing together.

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Sivad

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 25, 2015, 10:42:52 pm
I've said it many times, Bielema is the best recruiting head coach at Arkansas since Frank Broyles. As the program progressives you'll see him land more and more highly recruited prospects. He's done it will rebuilding a program in the first three classes.
I think you're right.

greenie

Quote from: secneahog on January 25, 2015, 11:31:11 pm
Stewart taller than I thought.

Agreed on Stewart.
Coach Smith is shorter than I thought.

Hogwop

CBB definitely seems to enjoy recruiting and he really seems to genuinely care about taking these boys and making men out of them. I know I wouldn't mind sending my kid to play for him (theoretically, i have no kids atm) as I know they'd be in good hands.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

HoggusMaximus

January 26, 2015, 06:10:41 am #12 Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:24:30 am by HoggusMaximus
Funny that some people are still going to say they'd rather still have CBP.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on January 26, 2015, 06:10:41 am
Funny that some people are still going to say they'd rather still gave CBP.

n/m

Redhogs

Had to go there huh? OK...i'll bite...that will continue until he goes 11-2 as CBP did. Not saying good or bad...but the way it is. Still has only 2 SEC win in 2 years, the record is what matters in the end for ANY coach. Things are moving in the right direction apparently, but the outcome is still unknown.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

HoggusMaximus

January 26, 2015, 07:54:30 am #15 Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:17:10 am by HoggusMaximus
Quote from: Redhogs on January 26, 2015, 07:39:58 am
Had to go there huh? OK...i'll bite...that will continue until he goes 11-2 as CBP did. Not saying good or bad...but the way it is. Still has only 2 SEC win in 2 years, the record is what matters in the end for ANY coach. Things are moving in the right direction apparently, but the outcome is still unknown.

I'd rather be slow and steady  increase with CBB than a flash in the pan with CBP. CBP was a snake, he was a liar and you would of never seen the kind of caring and compassion that CBB shows. He left us with a complete mess John l smith took most of the fall from it, and in 2 years CBB has a legitimate threat again.

Harley_Hawg

Quote from: Redhogs on January 26, 2015, 07:39:58 am

NICE CATCH

flagstaffhog

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on January 26, 2015, 07:54:30 am
I'd rather be slow and steady  increase with CBB than a flash in the pan with CBP. CBP was a snake, he was a liar and you would of never seen the kind of caring and compassion that CBB shows. He left us with a complete mess John l smith took most of the fall from it, and in 2 years CBB has a legitimate threat again.

Yup. And the best is yet to come.....
Go HOGS Go!

Hoggish1

I'd rather be slow and steady  increase with CBB than a flash in the pan with CBP.

I'm reminded of the Tortoise and the Hare... Slow and steady every time!

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

hawginbigd1

I love what BB is doing, especially now that the staff has been upgraded, and i believe he has had 3 great recruiting classes after what he stepped into. BUT if you ask me yeah I would rather have BP here, if he were here I don't think we would have had the miserable prior 2 seasons or lost 17 SEC games in a row etc. So yeah I wish BP was still the coach, I wish he had never wrecked that motorcycle, and I always will from a very personal perspective. I will always wonder whether this situation contributed to a tragedy in my life.

go hogues

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 26, 2015, 09:37:05 am
I will always wonder whether this situation contributed to a tragedy in my life.

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

OLDHOG

THIS.

Pickwick Hog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 26, 2015, 09:37:05 am
I wish he had never wrecked that motorcycle, and I always will from a very personal perspective. I will always wonder whether this situation contributed to a tragedy in my life.

You bought a broke bike that bankrupted you?
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

hawginbigd1

completely! short version. The Friday after, my little brother died on a motorcycle, he was not a motorcycle person. Last text convo about 14 hours prior was about BP and motorcycle wreck, so yeah i will always wonder if it contributed or sparked the idea for him getting on that motorcycle. Doesn't seem likely, but it could have been.

Hog N Bama

Coach B looks like a natural father in that pic with the child.  ;D  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hogs dont cry

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 26, 2015, 10:03:52 am
completely! short version. The Friday after, my little brother died on a motorcycle, he was not a motorcycle person. Last text convo about 14 hours prior was about BP and motorcycle wreck, so yeah i will always wonder if it contributed or sparked the idea for him getting on that motorcycle. Doesn't seem likely, but it could have been.

Really sorry for your loss.  That's terrible.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogs dont cry on January 26, 2015, 10:13:25 am
Really sorry for your loss.  That's terrible.

+1 TY. The real point of my post is we were in a much better place as a program and that whole deal dismantled what we had going on! I love what BB is doing now, but i don't believe we would have got to where we are/were, so yeah my prefernce would be for BP to still be here. I do think BB is a better recruiter, but i think BP had more star power, and is one of the best X's and O's guys in the business.