Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enos and Hardgreaves????

Started by hogville38, January 25, 2015, 03:33:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogville38

Will they bring in a solid suprise commit? Surely they were on some studs. Could they even possibly have someone wanting to transfer and follow them here? What you say?

Seebs

Inproved our chances with James King with Hardgreaves - that is about it for this year. Exoect some nice names for next.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

I doubt Enos was on any studs at CMU.

hogville38

Ricepig, you know don't think there is any quality players that Enos was on? Surely he had a couple. Anyways was just curious. Thought maybe they would atleast have one from Enos.

MP24

Quote from: hogville38 on January 25, 2015, 05:04:37 pm
Ricepig, you know don't think there is any quality players that Enos was on? Surely he had a couple. Anyways was just curious. Thought maybe they would atleast have one from Enos.

Here is the list.

http://centralmichigan.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

tophawg19

only 1 from outside michigan . you never know though . he might have 1 he wants to bring in. that really fits something he wants to do.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

SquidBilly

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 25, 2015, 05:26:30 pm
only 1 from outside michigan . you never know though . he might have 1 he wants to bring in. that really fits something he wants to do.

Any guy on his commit list at CMU he could easily replace with any three star recruit in the South.  No need to bring a 3 star with him from Michigan.

MissippHog

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 25, 2015, 05:35:46 pm
Any guy on his commit list at CMU he could easily replace with any three star recruit in the South.  No need to bring a 3 star with him from Michigan.
It's not always about stars.  It's about finding someone that fits your personnel needs. 

SquidBilly

Quote from: MissippHog on January 25, 2015, 05:38:12 pm
It's not always about stars.  It's about finding someone that fits your personnel needs. 

I just mentioned stars because the highest recruit on CMUs list was a three star.  Coach Enos will be very pleasantly surprised at the recruiting talent he has to choose from down here.

jackflash

With being this close to NSD I don't see surprise recruits, unless the coaches which was already here had been working on them. If their saving 2 for Hill and Weathersby. That leaves only 2 I think one will be a LB for sure.

Oklahawg

The biggest advantage from Enos and Hardgreaves: the staff is known and complete. The players can meet position coaches and offensive players can talk schemes, etc. Very advantageous from a strategic perspective.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

And has legit SEC talent.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 25, 2015, 07:27:14 pm
The biggest advantage from Enos and Hardgreaves: the staff is known and complete. The players can meet position coaches and offensive players can talk schemes, etc. Very advantageous from a strategic perspective.

Which is why Hill needs to visit. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

MissippHog

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 25, 2015, 06:09:51 pm
I just mentioned stars because the highest recruit on CMUs list was a three star.  Coach Enos will be very pleasantly surprised at the recruiting talent he has to choose from down here.
No doubt.  He can recruit nationally now and is no longer battling Western Michigan for the Spartans / Wolverines scraps.

greasy_corner

Yep.  and coachable, intelligent, work ethic, frame, etc.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2015, 03:42:06 pm
I doubt Enos was on any studs at CMU.

Sometimes, you may want to let someone else play "Captain Obvious"...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawgXi

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 25, 2015, 06:09:51 pm

enos is no stranger to talent, an earlier article on his background said that while he was at Michigan State he "owned" detroit.

I'd guess there's a talent pool in detroit close to some of the recruiting hit spots of the farther south.  atlanta, memphis, dallas, houston, tulsa, KC, st louis come to mind.

I feel enos will open new doors in the national talent pool for us.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Just to play devils advocate Eric fisher, jj watt, and Antonio brown all played at cmu. Also I'd take a Titus Davis at receiver any day.

Potosihog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on January 26, 2015, 08:40:02 am
Just to play devils advocate Eric fisher, jj watt, and Antonio brown all played at cmu. Also I'd take a Titus Davis at receiver any day.

Nice tidbit.  Did not know JJ Watt started as a TE at CMU before walking on at Wisc.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: hawgXi on January 26, 2015, 07:13:58 am

...I feel enos will open new doors in the national talent pool for us.

Coach Enos time at Michigan State and CMU will have him very familiar with the talent pool in the Midwest and more particularly Michigan. He should be aware of the schools/programs that have SEC level talent/developable talent throughout the areas he has recruited. Although CDE may not have been able to recruit these better players to CMU he should have relationships in place with coaches/programs where he could sell both Arkansas and The SEC. We may not get any this year although I would expect an effort next year and beyond.
I'll take any one the coaches feel will help us get to Atlanta.

" GO HOGS "

gmarv

wasn,t this the thought when rob smith came,was gonna open doors in new jersey.not saying it can,t work. just remembering we were gonna get all them wonderful players from n.j.,but crs just started recruiting the areas we were all ready in.likely what coach enos will do.

Hawgzinbowlz

I don't think anyone expected a pipeline from N.J and we likely won't have one from Michigan.
With CDE background from Michigan and CBBs history in the Midwest I would think they take any player that will help us.
I wouldn't be surprised if we get some interest from Michigan players that have an interest in playing in the SEC, if CDE recruits them.

" GO HOGS "