Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Visit updates

Started by The Recruiting Guy, January 25, 2015, 01:03:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PaintballHog

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Hoggish1

Hawgzinbowlz

When North Carolina State defensive end commitment Jabari Zuniga said the facilities and family atmosphere were the highlights of the trip, this echo's a consistent recruiting theme about our program. Glad that his visit definitely helped our chances. Also, when he said Coach Bret Bielema knows what he's doing, he is correct.
Glad we won our bowl.

" GO HOGS "

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 25, 2015, 01:18:59 pm
Come on down Jabari!!

Im probably just being negative (as ive been known to do) but when Zuniga gave the standard "it helped Arkansas' chances" answer, it didn't make me feel all that confident. It seems like nothing much typically happens after that standard answer. On the other hand, if his mom loved it, that has to be a good thing.

reddogjcss

I always look forward to your reports! Thanks RD

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 25, 2015, 01:32:22 pm
Im probably just being negative (as ive been known to do) but when Zuniga gave the standard "it helped Arkansas' chances" answer, it didn't make me feel all that confident. It seems like nothing much typically happens after that standard answer. On the other hand, if his mom loved it, that has to be a good thing.

LOL. Not to get off visit update topic too far but when a recruit responds to questions about his visit what would be the preferred response, to instill confidence in you?
1." The visit definitely helped their (school visited) chances.
2. " The visit definitely hurt their (school visited) chances.
3. " The visit changed nothing for me, and my opinion about them (school visited), is the same as before the visit.
4. " I would prefer not to respond ".
5.   Something else.

" GO HOGS "

Hogberry Snortcake

Anybody wanna go to the Cantrell's for dinner?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on January 25, 2015, 02:23:45 pm
LOL. Not to get off visit update topic too far but when a recruit responds to questions about his visit what would be the preferred response, to instill confidence in you?
1." The visit definitely helped their (school visited) chances.
2. " The visit definitely hurt their (school visited) chances.
3. " The visit changed nothing for me, and my opinion about them (school visited), is the same as before the visit.
4. " I would prefer not to respond ".
5.   Something else.

" GO HOGS "

If you pay attention to recruiting (and I have no idea if you do), you can get a feel for how some kids feel based on their comments...."it helped their chances" is a pretty standard, non-committal response....it's the easy way out in a sense....many times, if a kid goes into a little more detail and gives a little more you can tell they really liked it....obviously its better than 'it hurt their chances".....I'm not saying that's the case here but it could be

CattleCorn

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on January 25, 2015, 02:29:12 pm

I'm glad somebody else was thinking the same thing

Pretty much the perfect menu.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 25, 2015, 02:33:11 pm
If you pay attention to recruiting (and I have no idea if you do), you can get a feel for how some kids feel based on their comments...."it helped their chances" is a pretty standard, non-committal response....it's the easy way out in a sense....many times, if a kid goes into a little more detail and gives a little more you can tell they really liked it....obviously its better than 'it hurt their chances".....I'm not saying that's the case here but it could be

Yes, that is always possible.
I hope Jabari is favorably impressed and we get Mr. Zuniga.

" GO HOGS "

beantownhog

Richard,

I just read your update; now I want to get an invite to Cantrell's home!  That dinner sounds perfect.

Thank you for the hard work, time, and effort that you put into covering recruiting--it is much appreciated.
If your tax refund equals your taxes paid in, you don't pay taxes.

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Ok, late to the party, so forgive if this is common knowledge.

So Richard says we have 4 OV's this weekend and then goes on to talk about 3 of them. So the 4th doesn't want it known and nobody really has a clue who it is?

ricepig

Quote from: Piglet Dispersion Syndrome on January 25, 2015, 03:27:27 pm

So Richard says we have 4 OV's this weekend and then goes on to talk about 3 of them. So the 4th doesn't want it known and nobody really has a clue who it is?

The 4th was Pulley.

Razinhail

The 4th was CB Ryan Pulley who committed this morning.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

davispard

Richard, your post on Arico not coming in due to the commitments of Pulley & Dalton; does that mean that we are full on the DBs and now will focus on an LB, OL, DL, & a Receiver??

MissippHog

CattleCorn

Quote from: MissippHog on January 25, 2015, 05:17:28 pm
Cantrell's mom is fixing mounds cake, count me in!

Madre de Dios...

Hogeyeblind

I the obligatory "Oral commitments are non binding" statement that follows most of the recrootin articles

snoblind

Hey Richard, any update on whether Austin's mom has any leftovers?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: snoblind on January 25, 2015, 05:28:56 pm

This
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: snoblind on January 25, 2015, 05:28:56 pm

I have first dibs.

davispard

Quote from: CattleCorn on January 25, 2015, 05:20:25 pm
Madre de Dios...
My God, I gained 2lbs., just looking at that!!!

The Recruiting Guy

Pulley's commitment post in below in another post. 

WayneHawg

I'm in Roland I can swing by and help with leftovers!

jjdlc

It's a pretty standard response,  I'm sure if you wanted to do the research, you would find we landed a few that gave that response after their visit too.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: MissippHog on January 25, 2015, 05:17:28 pm
Cantrell's mom is fixing mounds cake, count me in!

Did Coach Herb get an invite?  :-X Just kidding....looks deelish!

LAHog124

Hell yea I do, I'm still drunk from my 21st birthday last night and nothing better to put on top of alcohol is meatloaf...or whataburger
"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

LJHOG

Meatloaf, GB casserole with mac and cheese.  In!

Piggie

Now I think I understand why Coach B has difficulty keeping off the pounds.
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

RazorWhacker

Quote from: LAHog124 on January 25, 2015, 06:26:53 pm
Hell yea I do, I'm still drunk from my 21st birthday last night and nothing better to put on top of alcohol is meatloaf...or whataburger

Man, do I miss Whataburger!

Piggie

I ate there for the first time last Sunday since forever. It was delightful!
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

InHOGuration Ball

Nothing like Momma's home cooking! 

Nice perk for the coaches.