Good News....

Started by MojoHog, January 25, 2015, 10:24:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoHog

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy 7 minutes ago
Good news coming?

and

Hawgs Illustrated ‏@HImagazine 6 minutes ago
Expecting Arkansas to land at least one commit today and maybe more. The day is young.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

The Hawg Marshal

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy 7m7 minutes ago

Good news coming?

Danny West ‏@DannyWest1 9m9 minutes ago

Hearing Arkansas could get some good news soon.
0 replies 6 retweets 9 favorites

Tim Harris

I'm thinking Pulley commits today. Im also hoping for Zuniga.

YodaHog

@6_showtime: Im Officially Committed To The University Of Arkansas Razorbacks!!!

#239 #To #The #Sec

Pulley

The Hawg Marshal

Tim Harris

Hopefully we get more good news today.

Huckleberry Pig

How do we feel about the LB King?  Pulley was my number one want of the visitors this weekend with King being a very close number 2. 

Tim (or anyone else for that matter), do you think we need Zuniga at DE more than King at LB?  I just feel like we have more depth at DE than we do at LB.

PaintballHog

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 25, 2015, 11:04:40 am
How do we feel about the LB King?  Pulley was my number one want of the visitors this weekend with King being a very close number 2. 

Tim (or anyone else for that matter), do you think we need Zuniga at DE more than King at LB?  I just feel like we have more depth at DE than we do at LB.

Would rather have this cat than king

http://247sports.com/Player/Andre-Smith-29426

As far as Z, I would agree we're good on Dline, but watch his hudl video is the most impressive I've ever seen. You can't just let that go if we have a chance to get him.

forrest city joe

Any other good recruiting news coming today? getting Pulley was big time.

Hogberry Snortcake

Huckleberry Pig

Paintball do we have that guy comin in for a visit next weekend? What are our chances with him?

PaintballHog

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 25, 2015, 11:20:26 am
Paintball do we have that guy comin in for a visit next weekend? What are our chances with him?

I have no idea. He was mentioned in this thread that we were interested in him. Hargreaves is the lead guy, so we'll see

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=586813.0

Huckleberry Pig

How great would it be for Hargreaves to come in and snag a recruit like that for us at the very end here.  Talk about his hire having an immediate impact!

Thanks for the info paintball.  Will +1 ya later when I'm not on the phone. 

WPS

PaintballHog

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 25, 2015, 11:26:39 am
How great would it be for Hargreaves to come in and snag a recruit like that for us at the very end here.  Talk about his hire having an immediate impact!

Thanks for the info paintball.  Will +1 ya later when I'm not on the phone. 

WPS

It would be a huge get. I'm expecting acouple signing day surprises.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 25, 2015, 11:04:40 am

Can I have both.....

things are getting interesting with so few spots left. I have a hard time believing we would bring Zuniga or any other recruit in this late and then not accept them.

jjdlc

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 25, 2015, 11:56:49 am
Can I have both.....

things are getting interesting with so few spots left. I have a hard time believing we would bring Zuniga or any other recruit in this late and then not accept them.

I think Zuniga qualifies for that "best available" spot.  We looking pretty good at his spot already, but he's too good to pass up.

tophawg19

unless we over sign i can't see getting more D-LINE  guys . we are overloaded now. need more o-linemen unless we plan on flipping some d guys to offense. must have 1 more LB  and two would be awesome . 1 more Db would add comfort in the back group. still want the big play WR but numbers are tight
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PaintballHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 25, 2015, 12:09:22 pm
unless we over sign i can't see getting more D-LINE  guys . we are overloaded now. need more o-linemen unless we plan on flipping some d guys to offense. must have 1 more LB  and two would be awesome . 1 more Db would add comfort in the back group. still want the big play WR but numbers are tight

I would give up a slot for him. 247 didn't bump him up to a 4 star for nothing. This kid is very special.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 25, 2015, 12:43:46 pm
I would give up a slot for him. 247 didn't bump him up to a 4 star for nothing. This kid is very special.
Now I'm no talent scout but as a two-decades-long-recruitnic i've watched a ton of highlight reels. Zuniga is just as his name suggests, a Beast. An animal. A wildman. He has got to be as close to a 5 * as we have in this class. Him and Hjalte are the 2 I'd rate a 5 * s in this group. Those 2 are future All SEC type cats.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PaintballHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 25, 2015, 12:52:04 pm
Now I'm no talent scout but as a two-decades-long-recruitnic i've watched a ton of highlight reels. Zuniga is just as his name suggests, a Beast. An animal. A wildman. He has got to be as close to a 5 * as we have in this class. Him and Hjalte are the 2 I'd rate a 5 * s in this group. Those 2 are future All SEC type cats.

My feelings exactly. If we have too many on Dline I would move J Bell to TE to get this kid...

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 25, 2015, 12:54:24 pm
My feelings exactly. If we have too many on Dline I would move J Bell to TE to get this kid...
word, dude. 4 4 * TEs? Yes, please. Hey, Paint, I'm on my PS4 browser, will you link that HUDL video for these cats to witness? It really is ridiculous. Last vid I watched that made me holla like that was the Sam McGuffie Mixtape. That one is the all time greatest. Speaking of tapes, wait till the complete works of Michael Qualls come out. I must say, I called it on that kid. Before he ever committed to us when he was just a lowly 3* in Shreveport. That "Karl Malone 2k" dunk he did vs Bama was retarded.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

jcarney12747

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 25, 2015, 12:54:24 pm
We're loaded at TE too. Bell is a top 5 recruit in our class right now as a DE. Bring in both and let them compete. Take the best players. Don't take a lesser player just bc he fills a need position.

PaintballHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 25, 2015, 12:59:38 pm
word, dude. 4 4 * TEs? Yes, please. Hey, Paint, I'm on my PS4 browser, will you link that HUDL video for these cats to witness? It really is ridiculous. Last vid I watched that made me holla like that was the Sam McGuffie Mixtape. That one is the all time greatest. Speaking of tapes, wait till the complete works of Michael Qualls come out. I must say, I called it on that kid. Before he ever committed to us when he was just a lowly 3* in Shreveport. That "Karl Malone 2k" dunk he did vs Bama was retarded.

I got you.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1867332/highlights/165887376

PaintballHog

Quote from: jcarney12747 on January 25, 2015, 01:01:11 pm
We're loaded at TE too. Bell is a top 5 recruit in our class right now as a DE. Bring in both and let them compete. Take the best players. Don't take a lesser player just bc he fills a need position.

I agree. I was just saying that for the posters who think we don't need to take any more dline.

Pig in the Pokey

Dude looks like he's been training MMA for real. NEVER have I seen a guy arm-tackle dudes with such ferocity. You guys owe it to yourselves to watch this tape.
@Slackaveli

forrest city joe

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 25, 2015, 01:03:31 pm
I agree. I was just saying that for the posters who think we don't need to take any more dline.
You can never get enough OL or DL. that's where the games are won.if you are strong in the trenches. you can beat anyone.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 25, 2015, 01:09:53 pm
You can never get enough OL or DL. that's where the games are won.if you are strong in the trenches. you can beat anyone.
have you seen this video, Joe?
Totally agree on the trenches.
@Slackaveli

opineonswine

Quote from: jjdlc on January 25, 2015, 12:07:04 pm
I think Zuniga qualifies for that "best available" spot.  We looking pretty good at his spot already, but he's too good to pass up.

247 thinks he's a Florida sure thing.

presidenthog

So I watched his highlights and he is a dude you don't pass on. Dude is a stud.

hawgsmellgud

If Big Z isn't a 5 star it is only because his high school team is playing junior high kids. He makes the other teams starters look stupid. I think it's the 1:40ish mark he helicopters kid. His is the best vid I've ever seen.

Are we the new Vin A, crew?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on January 25, 2015, 01:19:56 pm
If Big Z isn't a 5 star it is only because his high school team is playing junior high kids. He makes the other teams starters look stupid. I think it's the 1:40ish mark he helicopters kid. His is the best vid I've ever seen.

Are we the new Vin A, crew?
playing in Georgia, the competition was legit. Let that sink in. There are D1 kids all over the field in that video.
@Slackaveli

opineonswine

7 of 7 predictions are Florida...all recent. 

jcarney12747

So zuniga is committed to NC state? Looks like a stud. I wonder why GA didn't offer him.

Uncommon

Quote from: jcarney12747 on January 25, 2015, 01:33:41 pm
So zuniga is committed to NC state? Looks like a stud. I wonder why GA didn't offer him.
Didn't have enough suspension potential.

The Hawg Marshal

Would've loved to have had this one.

PaintballHog

Quote from: jcarney12747 on January 25, 2015, 01:33:41 pm

From what I read he's a late bloomer.

jcarney12747

Zuniga doesn't have the frame that jamario bell does. Bell is 6'6 with long arms. Very important for a pass rusher. Zuniga is built like LB

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jcarney12747 on January 25, 2015, 01:50:27 pm
Zuniga doesn't have the frame that jamario bell does. Bell is 6'6 with long arms. Very important for a pass rusher. Zuniga is built like LB

Likely a DT assuming he has the frame for another 30ish pounds.  And I think this class could use another DT.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hog N Bama

Zuniga looks just what Robb Smith ordered :razorback:

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 25, 2015, 01:27:06 pm
playing in Georgia, the competition was legit. Let that sink in. There are D1 kids all over the field in that video.

Bruh, sunk like the titanic.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

redeye

Quote from: opineonswine on January 25, 2015, 01:15:14 pm
247 thinks he's a Florida sure thing.

They thought the same thing about Merrick, so don't give up.  All the predictions are from last weekend, so he must have visited Florida and came away impressed.  But if he's here this weekend, then we have a shot.

Hog on the Hill

Why does his name suggest that he's a beast, an animal, or a wildman?  Because it's not a "normal" western name?

That's a curious thing to say.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on January 25, 2015, 02:41:01 pm
Why does his name suggest that he's a beast, an animal, or a wildman?  Because it's not a "normal" western name?

Preechiate the contribution.

Zuniga is a beast!

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on January 25, 2015, 02:41:01 pm

Zuniga (spider), a genus of jumping spider.

Humans with that name:
Gerardo Flores Zúñiga (1986– ), Mexican footballer.
Julio Granda Zúñiga (1967– ), Peruvian chess player
Hernaldo Zúñiga (1955– ), Nicaraguan singer.
Maite Zúñiga (1964– ), Basque athlete
Fulgencio Zúñiga (1977– ), Colombian boxer
Nicolás Zúñiga y Miranda (1865–1925), Mexican eccentric

tophawg19

so long as he jumps on a RB i like it
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 25, 2015, 02:49:05 pm
Zuniga (spider), a genus of jumping spider.

Humans with that name:
Gerardo Flores Zúñiga (1986– ), Mexican footballer.
Julio Granda Zúñiga (1967– ), Peruvian chess player
Hernaldo Zúñiga (1955– ), Nicaraguan singer.
Maite Zúñiga (1964– ), Basque athlete
Fulgencio Zúñiga (1977– ), Colombian boxer
Nicolás Zúñiga y Miranda (1865–1925), Mexican eccentric
That would be "ZOO-nyee-gah"

Is that how Jabari Zuniga's name is pronounced?  Serious question, I have no idea.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jcarney12747 on January 25, 2015, 01:50:27 pm
Zuniga's arms are long as hell.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on January 25, 2015, 02:55:28 pm
That would be "ZOO-nyee-gah"

Is that how Jabari Zuniga's name is pronounced?  Serious question, I have no idea.
yes zoon-NYEE-GAH
@Slackaveli