Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Pair of New 2015 Defensive Targets

Started by scruf, January 24, 2015, 03:47:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

tusksincolorado

I see the LB as a possibly.....but this is Post-Nuttless Era and we no longer battle ASU for recruits.

Go Hawgs!!!  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Wildhog

I really hope we find a way to keep Aaron Henry after his GA eligibility is up.  Think he's going to be a good one.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ArmyOfnobunaga

stargazers beware. that dt will be a nt in the nfl in 5 years.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

scruf

Quote from: Wildhog on January 24, 2015, 03:52:23 pm
I really hope we find a way to keep Aaron Henry after his GA eligibility is up.  Think he's going to be a good one.
Totally agree. Really putting in work this recruiting season.

Tusks

why r the hogs on so many DL?  if everyone makes it back in the fall......other than philon.....that's 20 DL on the roster.

Isn't that a LOT of DL.....20?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

secneahog

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on January 24, 2015, 04:06:23 pm
stargazers beware. that dt will be a nt in the nfl in 5 years.

This is Bielema territory. ..we don't star gaze.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: tusked on January 24, 2015, 04:19:33 pm
why r the hogs on so many DL?  if everyone makes it back in the fall......other than philon.....that's 20 DL on the roster.

Alot are juniors ...gotta start building depth...

SquidBilly

Is that 20 scholarship DL?  I don't remember more than 10 or so Dlineman playing this year.

redeye

Where are you getting your information, scruf?

scruf

#1 STUNNA

I would take that linebacker in a heart beat

redeye

Bubba's Bruisers

So are all these new names just guys that we've recruited?  Are any of them actually interested in UA?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

scruf

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 24, 2015, 05:00:09 pm
So are all these new names just guys that we've recruited?  Are any of them actually interested in UA?

Recent mutual interest.

ArmyOfnobunaga

I am a poster on tigrdroppings because I have lived in LS a lot... That brown kid is for real. Never really got evaluated. He will go pro regardless of school. Book it. Ive watched a lot of games on him.

Scruf excellent post.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

scruf

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on January 24, 2015, 06:54:32 pm
I am a poster on tigrdroppings because I have lived in LS a lot... That brown kid is for real. Never really got evaluated. He will go pro regardless of school. Book it. Ive watched a lot of games on him.

Scruf excellent post.

He looks like an excellent prospect.

arlhog

If you remember CBB said that was the biggest difference in the little 10 and the sec.    the depth in quality dl.   remember how our ol got wore down in 4th quarters? we need a deep dl too.

tophawg19

the ILB   Andre is the 17th rated middle LB in the nation . he's no plan b
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Oklahawg

A lot of the DL "depth" is inherited. Some injuries to old, familiar names may leave them on medical scholarship.

Give me a kid who plays like a monster but is "small" but still growing and I'll show you a guy who blows up in college. Brown might fit that description? How many recruits aren't properly nourished the way a D1 program can nourish them? How many are 3- or 4-season athletes and never spend time in training? Lots of things could be going on here but I like both.

And, no, the LB isn't a "Plan B". Brown looks like a "Plan A" for someone - if he would have gotten more Power 5 looks earlier in the game he'd have a higher eval, doncha figure?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Kevin

I think we need anothe defense tackle in this class
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Kevin on January 24, 2015, 10:32:48 pm

This.  Maybe Zuniga.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WooPig90

Quote from: Kevin on January 24, 2015, 10:32:48 pm

We have 2 in Froholdt and Dean

popcornhog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 24, 2015, 03:50:19 pm
I see the LB as a possibly.....but this is Post-Nuttless Era and we no longer battle ASU for recruits.

Go Hawgs!!!  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:

What? If ASU is ever recruiting someone that our staff believes would make a difference on the Hill, by all means recruit the kid.
WPS

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: popcornhog on January 24, 2015, 11:50:47 pm
What? If ASU is ever recruiting someone that our staff believes would make a difference on the Hill, by all means recruit the kid.

Josh Liddell

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

cardinalandwhite

In the SEC you cannot have enough defensive linemen.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Kicking Wing

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on January 25, 2015, 12:28:02 am
Josh Liddell
Liddell
Flowers
Turner
Mitchell

There are more but those are just defensive guys off the top of my head that could easily have ended up at ASU until the hogs entered the picture.

Bkhardicars

Concerning having too many DT's...I wouldn't worry about that.I know it's favorable to get big time Offensive lineman such as Kirkland, Skipper, if you can, but TYPICALLY, your DL recruits will be better athletes. They are able to transition to the offensive side of the ball if need be than vice versa..It's all good!!

Huckleberry Pig

logand02

How do we know the Razorbacks are on these kids?

jb11

scruf

jackflash

If King is 6-1 200 and runs a 4.45 . If he will commit he one I think they take.

Fayettechill14

Brown is a 255-pound DT. I bet they view him as a project that they can redshirt and build up some weight and strength so he can see the field down the road. Guys like that often fly under the radar.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 25, 2015, 05:52:29 am
Darren McFadden

Lol yea ASU never had a chance

Nobody did really. He'd been a hog if I was the HC

regi

By the way, Plan B's (if they even are) are not targets, by definition.