Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nate Dalton Commits to Arkansas!

Started by Wildhog, January 22, 2015, 03:22:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogimus Prime

A 6'3" cornerback to go with a 6'4" linebacker in Graham. That is some bigtime length for the back 7.

WBC Hog

This is just the first of many legit corners that Jennings will snag for us. Excited for the future. Congrats to the young man as well. Woo Pig

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

jgphillips3

Great pickup!  Coach Jennings will do a great job with this kid.  :)

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Hogberry Snortcake

SamBuckhart

welcome Mr. Dalton. WPS!!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Nate Dalton

[attachment deleted by admin]

Superham

Awesome way to start closing out with crunch time approaching.  it also doesn't hurt to be making some good in roads in that area.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Pork Twain

For those that care, that is one heck of an offer list.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LJHOG

onebadrubi

Quote from: LJHOG on January 23, 2015, 09:19:23 am
diet and exercise will remedy that

So if someone is thin, which your joke insinuate's I am saying, they should diet and exercise and they will no longer be thin?  Not exactly...

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 23, 2015, 09:25:41 am
So if someone is thin, which your joke insinuate's I am saying, they should diet and exercise and they will no longer be thin?  Not exactly...

You do realize that diet, isn't always about losing weight and less calories? Also, if you combine that with Coach Herb's exercise, you'll get bigger.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on January 23, 2015, 09:42:42 am
You do realize that diet, isn't always about losing weight and less calories? Also, if you combine that with Coach Herb's exercise, you'll get bigger.

I'm well aware of the definition of the word diet.  Sadly, the moral of the story, the POSITION is thin, not an individual. 

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 23, 2015, 09:49:15 am
I'm well aware of the definition of the word diet.  Sadly, the moral of the story, the POSITION is thin, not an individual. 

Is it? I don't think some of these 6'3" guys will be CB's in the end, we'll likely sign one listed safety, but we're fine.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on January 23, 2015, 09:52:36 am
Is it? I don't think some of these 6'3" guys will be CB's in the end, we'll likely sign one listed safety, but we're fine.

I don't like banking on a recruit not working out at his desired position to be pushed to a second position to make our numbers. 

here is where I am coming from.  We have 2 seniors next year and 2 sophmores.  So the 16 season we will have 2 juniors and whatever safeties we pick up this year to have any experience and be in the system.  That is not even a good two deep.  We could rely on a CB or two moving over, which I do anticipate happening.  But, I would still like us to not depend on that. 

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 23, 2015, 10:01:18 am
I don't like banking on a recruit not working out at his desired position to be pushed to a second position to make our numbers. 

here is where I am coming from.  We have 2 seniors next year and 2 sophmores.  So the 16 season we will have 2 juniors and whatever safeties we pick up this year to have any experience and be in the system.  That is not even a good two deep.  We could rely on a CB or two moving over, which I do anticipate happening.  But, I would still like us to not depend on that. 

Desired position?? I think most of these kids desired position is the NFL, if safety looks like the best avenue, then? A Haughton type kid, there was no doubt in my mind he was a safety, some of these other recruit's it's not defined. Lots of them will out grow the safety position, or not have the SEC for CB. Having said all that, put me down for a sure fire safety commit.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on January 23, 2015, 11:24:34 am
Desired position?? I think most of these kids desired position is the NFL, if safety looks like the best avenue, then? A Haughton type kid, there was no doubt in my mind he was a safety, some of these other recruit's it's not defined. Lots of them will out grow the safety position, or not have the SEC for CB. Having said all that, put me down for a sure fire safety commit.

So your saying if you walk in to a kids home and tell him he is going to play position X for your school and he wants to play Y that wont play any part?  Each one of these kids have a desired position on the field.  Brandon Mitchell was QB for example, just like Duwop.  NFL would not be a desired position, a desired career most likely, but not position. 

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 23, 2015, 11:26:55 am
So your saying if you walk in to a kids home and tell him he is going to play position X for your school and he wants to play Y that wont play any part?  Each one of these kids have a desired position on the field.  Brandon Mitchell was QB for example, just like Duwop.  NFL would not be a desired position, a desired career most likely, but not position. 

Where did I say anything about the recruiting process, I said they change positions after they get on campus, it happens if you wish to get on the field. Do you want to be the 6th CB, or play safety. Do you want to be the back up QB, or play TE or WR? We aren't talking about moving 5*/4* in most cases, we are talking about 3* who haven't reached their potential, or hope they haven't.

Bad News Boar

Calm down.

Coaches always know what position they really want a kid to play in college. What normally happens is they tell the kid "Sure, you can play *insert position*" while recruiting them. They let them play it through fall camp and the kid struggles. At that point, they go to the kid and say "Looks like *position* may not be the best fit for you, how about we try *coaches position*." Normally the kid buys in because it is a new start, and quicker route to playing time.
Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Danny J on January 22, 2015, 04:17:15 pm
Big physical corner back...great get.

Big is right...6-2 and about 2 bills. Are you guys sure he isn't safety material? A la Ken Hamlin.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Pork Twain

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 23, 2015, 09:25:41 am
Some people just cannot gain weight but for those trying diet and exercise is literally the only way.  I thought he was being sarcastic though as a position was being discussed, not a specific player.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

We have seen too many RB work out as WR and QB as TE/WR/RB, to think that CB to Safety is that difficult.

Bad News Boar

This is from Mike Farrell, the director of recruiting for Rivals...

"CB: Nate Dalton, Arkansas commitment. I like what Arkansas is doing down the stretch with some of the three-star kids they are getting, and Dalton could be the biggest get. He's a 6-foot-3 kid who can play corner and has loose hips, so if he can stay at corner and not grow into a safety (he's a big kid), he could be special."

Great praise from a guy who knows what he is talking about.

Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.

Wildhog

Nate could easily grow into a safety.  It's not a knock on anyone to suggest it.  He's a big, physical DB.  I'll take all of those types we can get.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977