Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the final 5?

Started by ricepig, January 22, 2015, 11:08:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

I guess the key word in this is "about" 5......

@BretBielema: Getting to be crunch time of 2015 recruiting class. Will have a select few in this weekend and fewer next week. Room for about 5 more #HOGS

Uncommon

I expect some good news at 3:15 p.m. today to get us to 19.  I don't know who #20 is.

ricepig

Ok, I wondered why I hadn't seen the tweet, thanks.

hawginbigd1

January 22, 2015, 11:19:43 am #4 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:33:44 am by hawginbigd1
These are the 6 IMO
Smith- Silent already
Weathersby
Dalton- Silent already
Jackson
Marshall or Mack- still haven't decided which one is coming but i lean to Marshall.
Singleton
#7 is reserved for KJ

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Uncommon on January 22, 2015, 11:12:12 am
I expect some good news at 3:15 p.m. today to get us to 19.  I don't know who #20 is.

20 is TJ Smith. He's going to commit on RD's radio show tonight.

onebadrubi

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on January 22, 2015, 11:19:48 am
20 is TJ Smith. He's going to commit on RD's radio show tonight.

Didn't RD say something about tonights interview with TJ is taped from before the visit?

davispard

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 22, 2015, 11:19:43 am
These are the 6 IMO
Smith
Weathersby
Dalton
Jackson
Marshall or Mack- still haven't decided which one is coming but i lean to Marshall.
Singleton
#7 is reserved for KJ
You know, we could win some games with just those!!!!!!!

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 22, 2015, 11:22:39 am
Didn't RD say something about tonights interview with TJ is taped from before the visit?

Yeah. I'm sure he knew that once he made it here, he'd flip. I responded to the tweet saying he's committing and Smith favorited it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

These are the 6 IMO
Smith- Silent already
Weathersby
Dalton- Silent already
Jackson
Singleton
#7 is reserved for KJ

I think this is about as spot on as it can be. I assume King is the back plan to Jackson.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 22, 2015, 11:40:19 am
I think this is about as spot on as it can be. I assume King is the back plan to Jackson.

So this would mean we are taking 3 LB's in this class, or 2?  Am I missing someone?  I'm assuming Greenlaw gets bumped down to LB, Pettway is WR, and then that put's us at how many safties?  Just dalton?

onebadrubi

Also, just realized we are 18, add Smith and Dalton then we are at 20, it does appear both are announcing today. 

immahog

I still would like to have kylan johnson
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

TX HOG

Why are some so confident we're getting either Mack or Marshall? Because we supposedly have a 5 star in the bag?

SPAL

Quote from: TX HOG on January 22, 2015, 12:02:32 pm
Why are some so confident we're getting either Mack or Marshall? Because we supposedly have a 5 star in the bag?

It is hogville....

WooPig90

These are the 6 IMO
Smith- Silent already
Weathersby
Dalton- Silent already
Jackson
Singleton
#7 is reserved for KJ

Just because we are getting the 5 star to visit doesnt mean we will get him lol

onebadrubi

One post from way back will tell you all you need to know, it's title was something along the lines of All things Gruden... Merged 1,000,000 pages worth

jackflash

Since I like speed hope we can get DB Pulley and DB Westry from Florida

davispard

Quote from: jackflash on January 22, 2015, 12:24:53 pm
Since I like speed hope we can get DB Pulley and DB Westry from Florida
Don't think Westry is a possible now...

redeye

Quote from: immahog on January 22, 2015, 11:54:06 am

I think that train may have left the station already.

I haven't noticed anyone confidently saying we'll get Mack or Marshall.

IBleedRazorbackRed

1 DB Nate Dalton
2 DE TJ Smith
3 OT Toby Weathersby
4 LB Kendrick Jackson
5 DB Ryan Pulley
6 WR Brandon Singleton
7 Dominique Reed

PaintballHog

Just a total guess/what I want

DB Dalton silent
DE Smith silent
S Johnson
LB Jackson
OT Weathersby
WR Hill
Mystery Man - Out of nowhere player. Either the 5* or some signing day steal

Hogginout

Hogs 4 Life

PaintballHog

TX HOG

Quote from: redeye on January 22, 2015, 12:38:08 pm

I haven't noticed anyone confidently saying we'll get Mack or Marshall.

Above it was said, "I still haven't decided which one is coming" sounded confident imo

texas tush hog

Quote from: immahog on January 22, 2015, 11:54:06 am
Quote from: redeye on January 22, 2015, 12:38:08 pm

And K.J.'s train is around the Folsom prison bend and crossed the Big Muddy bridge.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

I think KJ is one that CBB is counting for.  I sure would like RD confirm the 5* defensive player is coming to visit

hollywood hog

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on January 22, 2015, 07:19:42 pm
I think KJ is one that CBB is counting for.  I sure would like RD confirm the 5* defensive player is coming to visit

KJ recommitting right now would feel just as good as landing a 5* atm to me.  Tired of losing the #1 recruit in the state each year.  But this year will really bother me because I think KJ is actually underrated.  The rest I thought were mostly overrated and weren't nearly as big of need like WR currently is.  Step back on board KJ. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: hollywood hog on January 22, 2015, 07:36:04 pm
KJ recommitting right now would feel just as good as landing a 5* atm to me.  Tired of losing the #1 recruit in the state each year.  But this year will really bother me because I think KJ is actually underrated.  The rest I thought were mostly overrated and weren't nearly as big of need like WR currently is.  Step back on board KJ.

Isn't CJ ogrady the states number 1 recruit?

Bubba's Bruisers

We have one elite recruit defect every year.  Hill this year, Frazier last, and Tenpenny before that...  It happens.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

CDBHawg

My hope:

1a. Secret 5* OV
1b. Weathersby
3. Hill
4. Jackson - either one.
5. A DB.

hawginbigd1

These are the 6 IMO
Smith- Silent already
Weathersby
Dalton- Silent already
Jackson
Singleton
#7 is reserved for KJ
Now I just need to be right on the rest

sickboy

Quote from: hollywood hog on January 22, 2015, 07:36:04 pm

KJ isn't the #1 player in the state.

Bubba's Bruisers

My preference...

1.  WR  Hill or Singleton
2.  OT Weathersby
3.  MLB K. Jackson
4.  CB Pulley
5.  S Johnson or Scott

Not putting any legitimacy to a secret 5 star. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Tim Harris

From the way Pulley has talked we have a very good shot at him the weekend.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 22, 2015, 07:48:24 pm
My preference...

2.  OT Weathersby
3.  MLB K. Jackson
4.  CB Pulley
5.  S Johnson or Scott

My guess is this is pretty close to right.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 22, 2015, 07:48:24 pm
My preference...

2.  OT Weathersby
3.  MLB K. Jackson
4.  CB Pulley
5.  S Johnson or Scott

Realistic list. And very good end to a solid class. I'd take either Jackson at LB.

redeye

Quote from: TX HOG on January 22, 2015, 02:23:09 pm
Above it was said, "I still haven't decided which one is coming" sounded confident imo

I think he was implying that he didn't know which one was visiting.  Besides, that's one post.

Tim Harris

I like the look of Zuniga who is coming in this weekend. Who knows where things stand though with so few spots and just getting a DE.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 22, 2015, 07:56:10 pm
I like the look of Zuniga who is coming in this weekend. Who knows where things stand though with so few spots and just getting a DE.

DT or DE? 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 22, 2015, 07:59:46 pm
Listed as a DE

http://247sports.com/Player/Jabari-Zuniga-71776

Yeah, Rivals says DT.  like the offers.  247 has a lot of FL predictions lately.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 22, 2015, 07:56:10 pm

his video looks really good...

GrizzlyRider07

Whose the better LB out of Kendrick Jackson and Reggie Walker? Both are visiting us. One this weekend and the other next weekend
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Uncommon

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on January 22, 2015, 10:56:40 pm
Whose the better LB out of Kendrick Jackson and Reggie Walker? Both are visiting us. One this weekend and the other next weekend
Reggie Walker has actually been removed from the 01/30 visitor list.  Only linebackers visiting now are Kendrick Jackson and James King.  Rayshad Jackson still deciding between Arkansas and Florida.  Although Rayshad likely picks Randy Shannon and Florida.

jackflash

1 Weathersby OT
2  Kendrick J  MLB
3  King or Jackson OLB
4  Pulley DB
5  Hill WR
These are my choices I would like to see

WooPig90

1 Weathersby OT
2 K Jackson LB
3 B Singleton WR
4 Zuniga DE
5 Super secret 5 star Defensive recruit

;D

hawgsmellgud

Zuniga has to be on my list. He has the meanest video I ever seen. I literally felt sorry for those kids.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

davispard