Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tight Ends

Started by wpswillriseagain, January 22, 2015, 09:11:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wpswillriseagain

Who do you guys think the best TE in this class is? Will, CJ, or Cantrell? I think all will contribute a lot in their second year and maybe one will as a true freshman. I think two of the three will red-shirt. Thoughts?

PorkRinds

WooPig90

wpswillriseagain

He is my favorite too.

Tim Harris

They are different types of TEs so that makes it hard to compare them.

Gragg is going to play with his hand on the ground or at least will more in the beginning. Him being here for odd season workouts and spring practice is going to give him a head start on others.

O'Grady is probably the best pass catcher from what I've seen.

Cantrell is raw from playing multiple positions. I'm interested in watching him develop now that he will be able to concentrate on just being a TE.

PaintballHog

Whichever is the better blocker would be the first to get playing time I would imagine, and that sounds like O'Grady.

Although Gragg is on campus already, and hopefully living in the weight room.

:razorback:

online-with-swine

I would like to see all of them on the field at the same time.  O'Grady split out with Gragg's hand on the ground and Cantrell in the backfield as an H back/full back.

mav1HOGS

None of the three will RS. O'GRADY is a stud. Have been told by people " in the know" he will be making some serious cheddar in NFL. CANTRELL instant impact from fullback/ H- back position.You will see a lot of double TE formations with Austin in motion over loading certain areas with 2-3 receivers. You will see a number of TE screens. They will at times have Austin and or CJin motion and/ or split out wide or in a stack formation. We will create a lot of miss matches because of TE's height & speed. All three will contribute on special teams.

toshortrock

If Hill don't want to b  a hog,fine,,put the tight ends out there all over the place,,sounds like they the best thing going,,wps
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

zane

What a great problem to have
RIP LSUfan

hollywood hog

From what I've seen, O'Grady.  Said the same thing before his new ranking.  Kid has ridiculous hands.  He's gonna be a huge weapon in the red zone.

jjdlc

At this point, I agree with O'Grady being the best.  Cantrell may have the most potential though, kid is a freak athlete, but as someone else said, he's raw.  Gragg is no slouch either.

bennyl08

From their HS tape, O'Grady looks to be the most dangerous in the passing game. Gragg looks like the best blocker, though he probably had more blocking on his highlight reel than catches. Cantrell looks the most balanced.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

WBC Hog

IF any of them redshirt, and that's a big if, I see it being O'Grady.

Gragg being on campus and going through workouts and spring practices is a huge advantage for him.

Cantrell will play and IMO, it's a given due to him playing the H-back role.

This TE class is absolutely legit. I can't wait to see what our new OC will do with them too!