Sam Madden decommits from Wisconsin

Started by xxtomassxx1980, January 17, 2015, 05:40:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xxtomassxx1980

xxtomassxx1980

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 17, 2015, 05:44:09 pm
That's a big ol boy. Not sure if we've offered

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Sam-Madden-29053/RecruitInterests
yes he is...i thought i heard his name kicked around a few months ago but no totally for sure

mav1HOGS

No Hogs haven't offered. Look for either PSU or mostly Michigan

xxtomassxx1980

Quote from: mav1HOGS on January 17, 2015, 06:03:33 pm
No Hogs haven't offered. Look for either PSU or mostly Michigan
Come on, man. At least give me some hope!

redeye

January 18, 2015, 12:20:48 am #5 Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:36:24 am by redeye
IIRC, there was once some interest both ways with Madden before we lost to Rutgers last year.  I came across an old link on it a while back and will see if I can find it again.  I won't be surprised if there's still some interest here, either.

Here's a couple of quotes from a Jersey site:
"We are coming up for the Arkansas game," said Madden, who says he receives up to 50 collegiate correspondences on a daily basis. "We like Arkansas, too.
John Moffitt, current Denver Bronco and Madden's first cousin, played under first-year Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema during his tenure with the Wisconsin Badgers. Bielema brought with him to Arkansas a few key staff members from his Wisconsin staff. Therefore, familiarity between the Madden family and a few members of the Razorbacks' personnel already exists.

"I know Bret Bielema – he's a good coach himself, great coach – but he brought his strength coach and a bunch of the other guys from the Wisconsin staff with him," he said. "So it'll be interesting to see how they've coached up Arkansas."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/09/rutgers_recruiting_sam_madden_to_visit_rutgers_for_the_arkansas_game.html

When Sam Madden set foot on Rutgers campus Saturday, he was shown lots of love -- and not only by Rutgers staff members and players. Rutgers fans and Arkansas coaches also got in on the action, letting the Barnegat (N.J.) standout know just how much of an important piece he is to their respective puzzles.
An Arkansas assistant even took time out of his team's preparation to run across the field and greet Madden, one of the top-ranked offensive tackles in the country.

"An Arkansas coach was running with his team back into the tunnel before the game," Madden described. "Then he saw me, came over to the Rutgers sideline, hit me on the back and said, 'Hey Sam Madden, we are gonna be seeing you soon.'"

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/09/rutgers_recruiting_sam_madden_barnegat_four-star_tackle_gets_lots_of_love_during_rutgers_game_visit.html

xxtomassxx1980

Quote from: redeye on January 18, 2015, 12:20:48 am
IIRC, there was once some interest both ways with Madden before we lost to Rutgers last year.  I came across an old link on it a while back and will see if I can find it again.  I won't be surprised if there's still some interest here, either.

Here's a couple of quotes from a Jersey site:
It may be a long shot but this is the recruit i want!! Dan Skipper 2.0! Thanks for the info!

redeye

Yea, no problem!  I'm thinking that Richard wrote about him, but I can't find it on his site.  Guess it could have been his old site, but I'm not sure.

flagstaffhog

Does Mr. Madden have any interest in Arkansas?

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

ricepig

Quote from: flagstaffhog on January 18, 2015, 03:23:35 pm
Does Mr. Madden have any interest in Arkansas?

Go HOGS Go!

Does Arkansas have any interest in him?

redeye

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2015, 04:11:59 pm
Does Arkansas have any interest in him?

I haven't seen any sign of either, recently.

Hawg_Thai'd

Good archive find, redeye. Probably too late in the game to rekindle the fire, but in the crazy, hectic world of recruiting, nothing is out of the question anymore.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

xxtomassxx1980