Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diamond Hogs-Diamond Rebs Game Thread (Rubber Game)

Started by hogfan13, May 14, 2006, 10:25:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfancb

heathshogs

Gentry will try to get things going again. But falls behind 0-2 before a pop up is caught by the SS.
It's upto Dugger if the HOgs are going to do this in regulation
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

chiefsfan

Quote from: heathshogs on May 14, 2006, 04:16:04 pm
I think they left Parker up there to get that bunt down. If that was the choice. I might have gone with Robo.
I dont know for sure why we didnt bat Hum.  Normally we pinch hit Hum and then let Robo pinch run.   My guess is that if Parker's spot comes up again, that will be what happens.  The only good news to come out of this is Robo is still available to pinch run should we need him.  Of course he would probably pinch run for either Ewing or an outfielder, because of what position he plays...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: tbob on May 14, 2006, 04:19:36 pm
Van Horn is a helluva coach but he is coaching with his head up his butt today. Unbelievable that he lets Parker, the biggest stiff on the team bat with the bases loaded. We started winning when Parker was FINALLY benched. he plays the last 2 games and we lose again yesterday. Parker is a disaster at 3rd, he is a defensive liability who has single handedly cost us 2, maybe 3 games in the SEC before he was benched. Now he DHS????? With Hroziak on the bench batting over .300 as a righty and Hum hitting .290 as a lefty?
Parker is a stiff. The most overhyped player in Arkansas baseball history. he is the Dontell of this team. Swish, his 3rd strikeout today.
Unbelievable..... WAKE UP VAN HORN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, this is baseball, its not as simple to substitue as it is basketball.   Take a chill pill
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfancb

heathshogs

Dugger likewise fall behind 0-2. Before striking out swinging on 1-2.
Hogs go quietly. 4-4 in the middle of the 9th.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

heathshogs

One thing you have to worry about with taking out PArker.is if you need to run for Walker later, you have no catcher. Even at the situation now

heathshogs

Power puts another towards the gap, but Gentry chases it down and catches it in stride. 1 out

heathshogs

heathshogs

Collis falls behind early 2-0 before Hancock fouls one into walker..

heathshogs

Single through the left side and the rebels have a runner with 1 out.
PR Overbeck

heathshogs

Henry bats from the top of the order. Liner into right. They'll have them on the corner with 1 out.

chiefsfan

and with Walker hurting, we would have to keep parker in.   Plus Parker might have begged and said he would get that hit.  In baseball you substitue by feel more then anything else.  You have to know whether or not a player is ready to come out.   In this case DVH felt Parker could still contribute as DH who knows

Lets not call him Dontell Jefferson just yet

heathshogs

See if Henry runs here to get out of a DP.
JOrn will talk with his pitcher

chiefsfan

heathshogs

Dugger is coming out defensively for Robo in RF. Arnold stays in to bat next inning.

hogfancb

heathshogs

Everybody playing in to cut down the run. HIt up the middle
REBS win 5-4.

tkhog

codeHog

Cardinals and Hogs are living in a parallel universe.

One blows it or wins the same day as the other :(

3kgthog

Does anyone know what the SEC record is for team strikeouts in a season? If there is a record, I'm sure we have shattered it. I haven't seen this many Ks since Bobby Bonds.

Amazing how we can go from being in first place all the way to being in third because of the tie breaker with Ole Miss. We have zero shot of a regional now.

chiefsfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 14, 2006, 04:41:47 pm
Does anyone know what the SEC record is for team strikeouts in a season? If there is a record, I'm sure we have shattered it. I haven't seen this many Ks since Bobby Bonds.

Amazing how we can go from being in first place all the way to being in third because of the tie breaker with Ole Miss. We have zero shot of a regional now.

You do realize Ole Miss is really good right??  They are a top 20 team, and are one of the best hitting teams in the SEC...   Losing an SEC road series is not really a killer, everyone does that.   Take 2 of 3 from Auburn and win a couple tourney games and we get the regional.  Sweep Auburn and we probably get it either way.

Auburn has lost 6 straight games and is reeling faster then Florida right now...

rudebaker

how do we not even put a ball in play in the eighth when all we needed was a grounder or a fly ball to outfield.  instead we strike out three times....parker just sucks and always has sucked.

pigfoot

We just are not a solid ball club.  Our starting pitching is weak, except for Schmidt, and we are a poor hitting team -- especially in the clutch and with men on base.   Ole Miss players put the bat on the ball.  We strike out.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

jrw11475

All of that being said, we are ranked 10th in the nation and 2nd in sec west not to bad.

chiefsfan

What hurts this team is the lack of hitting.   Our starters are doing fine,   You just should be able to win games when your defense only allows 4-5 runs of offense,  Our team cant win games 5-4, but they can win 4-3.

Itll be interesting when we get into NCAA play what happens, we will be playing non conference teams again, and the quality of our pitchers should be better then theirs.  That just aint the case in SEC play...

heathshogs

Before today the HOgs had 371 Ks. The school record is 462 set in 2002, Norms final season when we found ourselves playing clemson in a Super Regional.

We still have a great shot at hosting a regional. If we're in the top 16 it's certain.If we're in the top 20 it's likely. As long as we win the series with Auburn, we should be fine. A Super Regional is probably gone, but that has been a long shot for quite sometime. After tying for the West lead on Friday nioght there was a chance, but if you expected bama to lose more than 1 at Florida you weren't paying attention to the season.

hogman64

I dont question not pinch hitting for Parker today because of the catching situation... butttt why he of all people was designated hitter is way over my head....DVH is a great coach and this just goes to show any coach will make decisions that just plain look stupid because we as fans dont know all the facts, I am sure he had his reasons other than just making a playing time gift...However, we fans  can still have our opinions and my opinion is that any time Parker gets an at bat or is on the field defensively other than emergency back up catcher, the team would be better off if he was still in the dugout. I dont think we would have had  the 4 game wining streak if he had not been benched. .................

heathshogs

May 14, 2006, 05:14:29 pm #180 Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 05:23:20 pm by heathshogs
Good point. I was suprised to see him in the line-up. My defense of DVH would be that he's still trying to get some upper classmen going. A couple of weeks ago, many hog fans were ready to leave Charley Boyce for dead as far as this season goes. He's done well his last few outings, and today barring that collision would have gone 3.2 without a run in a tight game. 
They also had the same attitude toward Forsythe who is hoping to cross the Mendoza line. But it turns out we had to play somebody at 3B.

hogman64

Quote from: heathshogs on May 14, 2006, 05:14:29 pm
Good point. I was suprised to see him in the line-up. My defense of DVH would be that he's still trying to get some upper classmen going. A couple of weeks ago, many hog fans were ready to leave Charley Boyce for dead as far as this season goes. He's done well his last few outings, and today barring that collision would have gone 3.2 without a run in a tight game. 

I agree on CB  he has a history of doing his best when counted out and he may really help in a big regional game.. I think Parker can come in and play well enough defensively to be ok if Walker goes out, so from that stand point I say he is a contibutor, and he has a GREAT arm.
but defensively at 3B he is so bad he losses games for the team there and offensively i would just as soon see anyone on the team at  the plate, he doesnt appear to have any confidence at the plate and I sure have none when he is at the plate.

hogfan13

PorcineSublime

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 14, 2006, 04:55:08 pm
What hurts this team is the lack of hitting.   Our starters are doing fine,   You just should be able to win games when your defense only allows 4-5 runs of offense,  Our team cant win games 5-4, but they can win 4-3.

Itll be interesting when we get into NCAA play what happens, we will be playing non conference teams again, and the quality of our pitchers should be better then theirs.  That just aint the case in SEC play...
I bounce back and forth between believing that this team overavchieves or underachieves. It seems at time that we do not have the athletes that the other teams have yet we find ways to win. Then we have a series like we did last weekend and I think we do, but they just don't play consistently. Guess we will find out when we get out of conference. Considering the last three OOC games, I am not brimming with confidence. I do know DVH will get every ounce of effort that he can from these guys. Just have to wait and see.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

WagesHog

you people are ridiculous
2 weeks ago if someone would have said we will take 4 out of 6 from bama and ole miss everyone here would have said yes and have been thrilled about it