Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas/Alabama?

Started by cookie52, May 05, 2006, 07:19:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddhog

THAT was exhausting!

Thanks so much, ILMH.  You did  a great job.

Of course, the color commentary by Hogmania made it for me.

GO HOGS!!
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

riccoar

Quote from: arkhogdog61 on May 05, 2006, 11:10:21 pm
chuck sucks
Ditto.  Why he would do play by play for any sport is beyond me.

WagesHog

thanks for the updates guys
i've been following along all night on my phone

Hollywood_HOGan

May 05, 2006, 11:22:24 pm #153 Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 11:24:05 pm by Hollywood_HOGan
What a satisfying win after the freakin umps tried to screw Arkansas royally and those Bama punks wanted to show us up.

We need another W tomorrow. Can't let those punks win the series.

More hits would be nice though.

riccoar

Was not keeping up.  Was this against Alabama's ace?

rzrbkfn2000

Only one thing needs to be said..............WOOOO   PIG   SOOIEE

WindyCityHog

Hogmania....Is this your original handle....?

Don't answer....

Your smartarsedness was greatly needed 2nite..... ;)

Kudos.

msudawgs64

Quote from: riccoar on May 05, 2006, 11:22:37 pm
Was not keeping up.  Was this against Alabama's ace?

yep..he don't get the loss though, both he and Schmidt turned in very solid performances.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

pigture perfect

Whew  ;D :razorback: ;D :razorback: ;D :razorback:
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogfancb

FTS

Where was Chuck at tonight, sorry if someone already mention this.

msudawgs64

now this my friends is why I love baseball, especially college but baseball nonetheless.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

RAZ FAN

Thanks for the updates, man that was a tough win. Way to go Hogs.

riccoar

Quote from: ILuvMyHog(s) on May 05, 2006, 11:22:29 pm
Quote from: riccoar on May 05, 2006, 11:21:33 pm
Quote from: arkhogdog61 on May 05, 2006, 11:10:21 pm
chuck sucks
Ditto.  Why he would do play by play for any sport is beyond me.

beats Rick!!

I've heard them do the games together.  Neither should be calling baseball and Chuck should stick to being JFB's gopher.

Maddhog

Baseball is a great game - my favorite next to football.   Hog football is my passion.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

FTS

You won't find a better pbp man in College baseball than chuck and if you don't think chuck is damn good your a fool.

Bad_Intentions

Thanks for the updates guys.

Woooo Pig Sooie!!!!

Huge win tonight. We've need to go ahead and take Game 2 tomorrow as well. We need to win this series. Good job Hogs. Great win!
WPS!!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: FTS on May 05, 2006, 11:28:03 pm
You won't find a better pbp man in College baseball than chuck and if you don't think chuck is damn good your a fool.

Chuck...for all of his huggin up to HDN...he is a super pbp guy.  No doubt he is one of the...if not the...best in college baseball today.  No complaints from me.
Retired Radio Host

rightdp

Just got home from the game.........WOW!!  They kept trying to give it to us.  We finally took it.  When you have only 4 hits in 11 innings, it was just meant for you to win.  What a game!!!  The umps were horrible.  Both benches almost cleared.  Our worst hitter batting .156 wins the game for us.  This is baseball!!!!!!

chiefsfan

Kentucky beat Ole Miss today, so we are within 1 game of them in the West.   In the overall tourney standings we gained ground on South Carolina also, and took a game lead over Vandy.   we need to keep winning here.  Go hogs!!!!
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

rightdp

May 05, 2006, 11:55:38 pm #170 Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 11:57:52 pm by rightdp
I just noticed that Alabama walked 16 batters!!!   16 walks!!    I am certainly glad we won but how do you not take more advantage of that?!!!!!!!!

riccoar

Quote from: rightdp on May 05, 2006, 11:55:38 pm
I just noticed that Alabama allowed 16 walks!!!   16 walks!!    I am certainly glad we won but how do you not take more advantage of that?!!!!!!!!
"Here is the pitch and he swings and misses for the third strike!"

Something like that.

msudawgs64

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 05, 2006, 11:50:00 pm
Kentucky beat Ole Miss today, so we are within 1 game of them in the West.   In the overall tourney standings we gained ground on South Carolina also, and took a game lead over Vandy.   we need to keep winning here.  Go hogs!!!!

did I call that about Ole Miss pitching or what?  They had the benefit for the most part of playing teams in that 11 game win streak that could not hit, UK can knock the shite out of the ball when they are on.  They will probably be on all weekend.

16 walks, wow..but yeah, you have to put the ball in play to jump on that and Arkansas did have 13 k's.  This is one of those games you say thank you to the baseball gods and move on..analyzing this one will make your head hurt. LOL

heathshogs

Quote from: msudawgs64 on May 06, 2006, 01:24:15 am
16 walks, wow..but yeah, you have to put the ball in play to jump on that and Arkansas did have 13 k's.  This is one of those games you say thank you to the baseball gods and move on..analyzing this one will make your head hurt. LOL

Well said MSUDawg. We drew a lot of walks but had a lot of K's. That was also some indication of how eradict the strike zone was. The bottom line is we still only had 2 hits through 9 innings yet remained tied with the top team in the SEC. No reason a team should be able to do that.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious