Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Oral Roberts Game Thread

Started by hogfan13, May 02, 2006, 06:57:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

hogfan13

Safe at 1st. 1st and second with 1 out

resqnu911

dang...how long are we gonna let these guys hang around???

hogfan13

hogfan13

SupaCrawf

Alright, let's score a few insurance runs...
I'm kind of a big deal.

hogfan13

hogfan13

Sac bunt for Willard. Robison is up

hogfan13

hogfan13

hogfan13

hogfan13

hogfan13

Collis is warming up in the hog pen

hogfan13

hogfan13

Willard throws out Buchie. 2 out for Minisalle

Hogs07

hogfan13

Devin Collis is gonna come in For Chris Rhoads. I've done my best. but this is were I stop updating

http://www.hogwired.com//liveStats/liveStats.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Maddhog

The score is still 4-3, Hogs.   ORU has two on and two out.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Hollywood_HOGan

Gah lee.

We better not freakin get beat by ORU.

ORU is good but we are (supposed to be) better!

Seems like DVH just doenst care about these mid week games. Pulling McClelland was a mistake.

Maddhog

Maddhog

Anthony McReynolds

Oru Takes the lead on a single and error. 5-4 bottom 8th 2 out.

Hollywood_HOGan

this is ridiculous.

4 errors and TEN men left on base.

Better score.

Getting beat by ANOTHER mid major would not look good and kill the RPI.

Maddhog

Anthony McReynolds

Inning over going to the 9th hogs need a run.Duggar leads off come on jake.

Maddhog

Anthony McReynolds

Hollywood_HOGan

Maddhog

Anthony McReynolds

Ewing hit to 3rd out danny hamblin needs a homerun to tie it come on hammer.

Anthony McReynolds

Maddhog

Anthony McReynolds

hamblin walked. hum last hope to get danny home or he could  just hit a homerun.

Anthony McReynolds

Anthony McReynolds

Hollywood_HOGan

absolutley ridiculous how we gave this game away on erros!!

Can't even buy a clutch hit!!

Unreal

2007natchamps

Good night all.  Thanks for the updates.

Anthony McReynolds

Final Hogs lose a game they should have won. 5-4 this crap is not going to cut it.Hope we sweep bama yeah right.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: hogfan22 on May 02, 2006, 10:28:16 pm
Final Hogs lose a game they should have won. 5-4 this crap is not going to cut it.Hope we sweep bama yeah right.

With all the erros and strikeouts tonight, we dont deserve to be the 14th ranked team in the country.
Erros and non existent clutch hitting has murdered Arkansas aginast ORU and last weekend against LSU.

Better at least show up for Bama.

SiriusHog™

i am now officially a DVH darksider!  ???

hogfan13

I had no problem updating tonight

3kgthog

All these Ks have to be a result of the players we are recruiting. We have switched hitting coaches and our guys still strike out with abundance. A lot of them also can't hit against good pitching, with Blake Parker being the main culprit. We have heard about his "power" for the last two years, but he has yet to even hit .300 or crack 10 HRs (correct me if I'm wrong). And his defense,  :puke:

Right now, James Ewing is probably our best hitter and that's pretty sad considering the juniors and seniors we have. Dude can flat out play.

I think DVH can get it done, but isn't it time to see our strikeout totals decrease and our defense show some improvement? It seems we go through this stuff every year. Maybe I'm just frustrated since I was pinning my hopes on this baseball team erasing all the anger I developed toward the FB and BB teams.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 02, 2006, 10:51:31 pm
All these Ks have to be a result of the players we are recruiting. We have switched hitting coaches and our guys still strike out with abundance. A lot of them also can't hit against good pitching, with Blake Parker being the main culprit. We have heard about his "power" for the last two years, but he has yet to even hit .300 or crack 10 HRs (correct me if I'm wrong). And his defense,  :puke:

Right now, James Ewing is probably our best hitter and that's pretty sad considering the juniors and seniors we have. Dude can flat out play.

I think DVH can get it done, but isn't it time to see our strikeout totals decrease and our defense show some improvement? It seems we go through this stuff every year. Maybe I'm just frustrated since I was pinning my hopes on this baseball team erasing all the anger I developed toward the FB and BB teams.

Plus we're supposed to be the #14 team in the nation. You expect a little more out of that team.

Blake Parker is an error machine.

chiefsfan

Im ready to move parker to catcher and put Forsythe at third.  Ill trade bad hitting for good defense.  Any sort of a defense would have won us the game today.

We have an offense that is good for 5 or so runs a game.  Good enough to win, if you have the pitching.  And we dont

Kids we may not be hosting after all...  heck the SEC Tourney aint a gurantee the way we are playing...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogman64

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 02, 2006, 11:28:19 pm
Im ready to move parker to catcher and put Forsythe at third.  Ill trade bad hitting for good defense.  Any sort of a defense would have won us the game today.

We have an offense that is good for 5 or so runs a game.  Good enough to win, if you have the pitching.  And we dont

Kids we may not be hosting after all...  heck the SEC Tourney aint a gurantee the way we are playing...

I posted on another thread today........people talk about our pitching not being so good and I agree it could definitly be better, but what is getting this team beat is defense  and mainly on the left side of the infield... Parker is totally inconsistent at best.. Willard has done great for a freshman, but he has made key errors at very inopportune times and it seems to me Walker hasnt been as strong as we thought he might be.........it is costing us big time, but I assume DVH just doesnt see any out, maybe the Forsythe /Parker switches  might work.........I will depend on DVH to get it worked out...........

hogfan064

The amount of SEC teams losing midweek games this year is very high.  I think it shows you how the 11.7 scholarships really even things out.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 03, 2006, 07:25:56 am
The amount of SEC teams losing midweek games this year is very high.  I think it shows you how the 11.7 scholarships really even things out.
I think it would be different if we were losing in a different way. It is obvious that the team and coaches wanted this game badly, yet they could not produce. I am not sure if we will get a regional or not, but a this point, I see no way we get a super. I cant see any way for this team to see Omaha unless they make a complete 180. We have a real problem at third base and our hitters cannot seem to hit with men on base late in the game.

I will continue to hope for a turnaround, but it looks like another wait till next year unless we kick it in the butt.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

hogfan064

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 03, 2006, 07:47:44 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 03, 2006, 07:25:56 am
I think it would be different if we were losing in a different way. It is obvious that the team and coaches wanted this game badly, yet they could not produce. I am not sure if we will get a regional or not, but a this point, I see no way we get a super. I cant see any way for this team to see Omaha unless they make a complete 180. We have a real problem at third base and our hitters cannot seem to hit with men on base late in the game.

I will continue to hope for a turnaround, but it looks like another wait till next year unless we kick it in the butt.

I remain optimistic.  Because we are one of the top 6 teams in the SEC.  That usually means you have a chance at Omaha.  If I had to guess the Omaha field right now I'd say

Clemson
Fullerton
Texas
UNC
Alabama
South Carolina
Nebraska
Rice

Of course it all depends on matchups in the regionals and supers

CharlieHog