Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

problem at baseball game

Started by boomo26, April 18, 2006, 09:30:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: HogZ28 on April 18, 2006, 02:47:12 pm
razorbackfan502000 i complete agree with you on that, i get so mad about that or when the one parent starts to get on to the kid and the kid cries so dangum loud and the paretns just sit there i get annoyed and complain....

I dont mind it at a fast food restraunt, i mean its to be expected, but holy hell, 60 bucks for 2 dinners and i have to listen to that bull? I never let my kid behave like that.

HogInaStrangeLand

Ask the guy to stand up and cheer...

Reverse psychology works well on children.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

The student section is the only section that knows how to do it right.  Last season at the Auburn game, I sat in the south endzone and I was miserable because every single person around me sat the whole time.  I jumped up every time something good happened, but if I stayed standing for more than 20 seconds, I heard people complaining behind me.  I drove 12 hours to see that game only to be let down by Houston Nutt AND the fans sitting around me.  Forgive me for being excited to see the Hogs.  It was the only game I got to see live and I spent a fortune on gas to get there.  I have a bad disc in my back, but that never stopped me from standing the whole time when I was in the student section.  I was in tremendous pain by the end of the game, but I didn't care because I was having a damn good time.  That's what Sundays are for; recovery.  I don't know how some of these jerks go through life just being pissed off all the time.  Here's my advice to them: Have a beer, call the hogs, RELAX, enjoy the game, get up off your arse every once in a while, scream your heart out.  You expect the players on the field to give their all right?  You expect them to leave it all out on the field and give every ounce of energy they have just to entertain you while you sit and much on your popcorn and talk on your cell phone?  I think fans like this are the reason we have no home-field advantage anymore in Fayetteville.  I don't expect all of you to stand the entire game but I expect to see a little passion.  I swear, some people expend more energy yelling at people to sit down than they do cheering for the Hogs.  If you're just there to sit and watch, that's what television is for.  Bring on the smites!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on April 18, 2006, 03:03:13 pm
The student section is the only section that knows how to do it right.  Last season at the Auburn game, I sat in the south endzone and I was miserable because every single person around me sat the whole time.  I jumped up every time something good happened, but if I stayed standing for more than 20 seconds, I heard people complaining behind me.  I drove 12 hours to see that game only to be let down by Houston Nutt AND the fans sitting around me.  Forgive me for being excited to see the Hogs.  It was the only game I got to see live and I spent a fortune on gas to get there.  I have a bad disc in my back, but that never stopped me from standing the whole time when I was in the student section.  I was in tremendous pain by the end of the game, but I didn't care because I was having a damn good time.  That's what Sundays are for; recovery.  I don't know how some of these jerks go through life just being pissed off all the time.  Here's my advice to them: Have a beer, call the hogs, RELAX, enjoy the game, get up off your arse every once in a while, scream your heart out.  You expect the players on the field to give their all right?  You expect them to leave it all out on the field and give every ounce of energy they have just to entertain you while you sit and much on your popcorn and talk on your cell phone?  I think fans like this are the reason we have no home-field advantage anymore in Fayetteville.  I don't expect all of you to stand the entire game but I expect to see a little passion.  I swear, some people expend more energy yelling at people to sit down than they do cheering for the Hogs.  If you're just there to sit and watch, that's what television is for.  Bring on the smites!

Sorry you had such a miserable time in your rare chance to see the game. I was at that game to, and i NEVER sat. The people in my section are awesome fans. all in the late 20's early 30's so old enuff to be responsible but still have fun.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: HogZ28 on April 18, 2006, 03:10:44 pm
i dont see how people can sit during a game or at the end of game when its real close and exciting....

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  When something exciting happens (which has been rare lately) the absolute LAST thing I wanna hear is some fan bitching because they can't see.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: HogZ28 on April 18, 2006, 03:10:44 pm
i dont see how people can sit during a game or at the end of game when its real close and exciting....

One of the problems that the UA has, Incase you haven't noticed, to a lot of the fans the games are nothing more than a social event. Probably 1/2 of them maybe more at basketball games, couldnt possibly care less about the game. They are just there b/c it's the thing to do on a saturday in october or whatever.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: HogZ28 on April 18, 2006, 03:16:25 pm
thats why i get aggravated when people jsut sit there.....

That's why you get your buzz on, and THEN go into the game, so you're just drunk enuff not to care what other people do or think.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 18, 2006, 03:18:43 pm

That's why you get your buzz on, and THEN go into the game, so you're just drunk enuff not to care what other people do or think.

So that's why the Texas game was so much fun!  It must have been that Dasani bottle full of vodka I drank before the game!  Of course the buzz wore off about the same time we fumbled the ball away.  It wasn't much fun after that.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on April 18, 2006, 03:23:02 pm
Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 18, 2006, 03:18:43 pm

So that's why the Texas game was so much fun!  It must have been that Dasani bottle full of vodka I drank before the game!  Of course the buzz wore off about the same time we fumbled the ball away.  It wasn't much fun after that.

Not sure if i could have drank enuff to make that game seem pleasent

what about the usc game? i have hammered at kickoff, but stone cold sober about 5 minutes into it.

10thPlanet

This has happened to me before at the MO basketball game this year, I posted about it then. Well it didn't happen to me, but it happened to the guy and his wife in front of me. A MO Tiggers fan yelled at this dude and his wife everytime the Mascot or band Dir. ran around the floor with the sign that states,"if your a Hog fan stand up." We were in the upper deck, this guy was obviously a model citizen unlike myself at times, and would sit down. I finally said to my buddy in ears shot of the guy and his wife that was yelling."here's my wallet use my Visa card to get me out of jail when I kick the guy's butt, the next time he yells at those people." My buddy, said ,"awesome, pizza before, a great basketball game, and a fight!"
The MO fans were in perfect health ,young and could stand up long enough to call the hogs, or whenever. His mouth made me stand(which I don't like to) for the last 10 min. If you're not in good health, there's probably better ways to get people to help you out rather than yelling at them. I'd gladly change seats with a family that has little kids so they can see. If your disabled, you might want to check on the disabled spots. I know there's not enough of them, but keep requesting and maybe they'll allot more.

bythelake

Standing or sitting has been a problem for a while.  Not proud to post this, but, here goes.  

Several years ago I took my son and friend to a football game at Fayetteville with Auburn.  Several older Auburn fans ( all male) were sitting behend us.  We stood up part of the game and the Auburn fans started cussing at my son and friend.  Well, I lost my temper and started cussing them out.  Luckily, they were old and things didn't esculate into a fight.  

But, I will have to say that my son and I laugh about that still.  

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: bythelake on April 18, 2006, 03:45:50 pm
Standing or sitting has been a problem for a while.  Not proud to post this, but, here goes.  

Several years ago I took my son and friend to a football game at Fayetteville with Auburn.  Several older Auburn fans ( all male) were sitting behend us.  We stood up part of the game and the Auburn fans started cussing at my son and friend.  Well, I lost my temper and started cussing them out.  Luckily, they were old and things didn't esculate into a fight.  

But, I will have to say that my son and I laugh about that still.  

No need to fight, if fans cause problems at RRS the ushers wont hesitate to toss them.

hogfan13

I had trouble with some Kentucky Fans on Sunday

arkbadger

Send them out to left field, we'll make sure they get treated right and that they learn the guidelines of Razorback athletics.
You can keep that skoal baby.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: drtonwil on April 18, 2006, 04:10:27 pm
Difficult situation.  I have discussed before that at a basketball game I had a lady (with her girlfriend--an Ellen) who tapped on my 6 year old son and asked him to sit down.  I was very calm though angry and asked my wife to take my 3 children to the bathroom while I had a discussion with this women and lifepartner.  Two years later my son still asks me why that woman told him to sit down.  I told him that some people are too lazy to stand and watch the game.  I have had the tickets now for 4 years and that is the only time they have been there.  Doubt they will return. 

Yeah I dont play that game, you touch my wife or kid in ANY way, me and you gonna have a problem.  I had a guy a couple years ago at disney land, he was shoving my kid in the back while we were walking down some stairs, i finally turned around and told him that if touched my kid one more time, i was gonna get him down the stairs in a hurry when i threw his ass over the side rail. Needless to say my kid went untouched the rest of the way down.

boomo26

April 18, 2006, 04:37:14 pm #65 Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 04:39:47 pm by boomo26
Just to keep you in the loop, my wife called the ticket office, and they said we should contact Dave Van Horn directly since it was a players parents.  Called Dave's office secretary talked to my wife and said she would get with Dave and get it taken care of.  She said Dave really wants fans in the seats and if some fans can not act right he does not want them there.  GO DAVE!!!

Boomo

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: boomo26 on April 18, 2006, 04:37:14 pm
Just to keep you in the loop, my wife called the ticket office, and they said we should contact Dave Van Horn directly since it was a players parents.  Called Dave's office secretary talked to my wife and said she would get with Dave and get it taken care of.  She said Dave really wants fan in the seats and if some fans can not act right he does not want them there.  GO DAVE!!!

Boomo

Freakin tattletale nm

wildhogman

Quote from: RazorWire on April 18, 2006, 02:42:16 pm
And Mr WildHog visit some more  of our fine board before you open yer 125 post pie-hole ...

This is me ...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,55290.0.html

This is what folks on this board do...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/board,51.0.html

This is some of our personal stuff ... http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,45394.0.html

Hell here's some pictures of us... http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,55956.0.html

Read ALL that before you post any further, it will save you some embarrassment.
What makes you think I have not read alot of this board? Your so quick to jump to conclusions. I enjoy the info most on this board have, and I dont mind weighing in on some subjects. I broke a personal rule with this thread and took offense to a slight about my working class. Shame on me. And for the record, I could careless who you are. It still does not make your idea's or opinions any more or less valued then mine.
No I dont have 1000 posts, I proly never will. I prefer to read the info rather then argue back and forth.

boomo26

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 18, 2006, 04:39:11 pm
Just to keep you in the loop, my wife called the ticket office, and they said we should contact Dave Van Horn directly since it was a players parents.  Called Dave's office secretary talked to my wife and said she would get with Dave and get it taken care of.  She said Dave really wants fan in the seats and if some fans can not act right he does not want them there.  GO DAVE!!!

Boomo

Freakin tattletale nm

I would not have called but my wife said she was so upset that she almost missed Saturday's game because of it.

Boomo

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: boomo26 on April 18, 2006, 04:40:51 pm
Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 18, 2006, 04:39:11 pm

Boomo

Freakin tattletale nm

I would not have called but my wife said she was so upset that she almost missed Saturday's game because of it.

Boomo

Just kiddin with ya man, hey i understand, i have a wife 2

Whataboar™

Quote from: silverhawg on April 18, 2006, 11:21:45 am
[quote  JUSt remain calm and don't let him bother you.

let him get his a$$ kicked out.....cause if you remain calm and don't cuss him..then he will look like the worlds biggest jerk & you will look like a super fan
[/quote]
I favor this approach.
Let the guy hang himself with his own behavior.
I'd avoid violence at all costs, though, since it will only get BOTH of you thrown out.
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

Ramble on Barbershop

Quote from: HighonSwine on April 18, 2006, 09:48:34 am
Oh yea, and if he is their, just Stand up the whole time.  Make sure you are the seat right in front of him.  Be loud and just stand up.  If he ask to sit down, just say I sit down all day at my job so I have to stand all evening after work to compensate.

lol good one
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

ozarksuperfrog

Quote from: SultanofSwine on April 18, 2006, 10:12:38 am
Take his freakin picture next time and post it here for some photoshop fun. We can make him famous ;D
Thats really funny!
2 Corinthians 5:17

razorhead69

Call the Tavernites. Kinda like a batman spotlight thingy. We will come a runnin'.

dude

Quote from: hogsanity on April 18, 2006, 02:12:35 pm
I have been to several games in each sport at the UA, and you know, they look the same standing or sitting.  There are times when standing is appropriate, and the 9th inning Friday night was one, HOWEVER, there was no need for the guy to turn around and call th guy a A$$HOLE. 

I still think the school should have a standing only area, where those who apparently go blind when they sit down, and feel they have to stand the whole game could go and all be together. 
It takes all kinds to fill the stadium. Why can't we ALL get along?
I stand most of the time at football games. Maybe you sitting folks should start watching tennis. EVEN GOLF FANS STAND!

heathshogs

I glanced towards 111 and didn't see anyone standing through the entire game so I assume you didn't go that route. Did you have any trouble?
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious