Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Vandy Game Thread (Rubber Game)...

Started by TulsaHawg, April 09, 2006, 09:17:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefsfan

Dont forget our Revenge game @ Missouri State on Tuesday...   We owe those guys...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: ILuvMyHog(s) on April 09, 2006, 03:47:26 pm
Quote from: Hawgin84 on April 09, 2006, 03:46:13 pm
Good job Campuspm. Good job Hogs! WPS.

Yeah... appreciate it!!

Besides, you still have a week to do those taxes and all summer to do the yard work!!

that's exactly what I was thinking.....as I head to the lawn mower  :)

CampuspostmanHOG

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

heathshogs

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on April 09, 2006, 03:48:21 pm
I didn't agree with the strategy at the time of not pitching Schmidt, I thought it showed we were conceding on Friday, but anything to win the series.  Good win, WPS!  Back to back series wins gives us solid momentum heading into Kentucky at home next week.

We used basically the same one in 2004. Boyce was really our ace but we sent Brannon against other teams' aces on Friday night. Brannon ended up having some great outings and allowed us to win some Friday nights though and that was why we won the west.

I thought with Schmidt and Boyce we were beyond having to do this, but early struggles have changed the dynamic. I'm guessing Schmidt will go back to Friday's for the most part though. Because we don't have another sure guy to go long innings. Hopefully we'll get wins with Schmidt/ one reliever on Friday and then have a good idea of how things shape up for the next 2. In the SEC the usual rule is go in trying to win 2 at home and make sure you get one on the road eac weekend. As long as we stay .500 we will have a decent shot at hosting a regional.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

pbjones81

I noticed we didnt see Lee Land at all this weekend.  Think DVH is saving him for Mizzou State since he did so well against them last week?

heathshogs

I think they were letting his leg heal. It was still  a little tender rom twisting it against Mizzou State. Word is it's swollen, but he's been able to get around on it. My guess is we'll see him again next weekend but not Tuesday.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

hillbilly

Quote from: pbjones81 on April 09, 2006, 04:49:20 pm
I noticed we didnt see Lee Land at all this weekend.  Think DVH is saving him for Mizzou State since he did so well against them last week?
I don't think DVH had a thought about Mizzou State this weekend.

Dwight_K_Shrute

So what's our overall and conference record after today.  Thanks
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

T2 RZB

HokieHawg

Will we move down in the rankings because of the two losses earlier this week?

heathshogs

The loss to Vandy won't hurt us at all. Losing to Mizzou State may hurt us a little. Without looking too deep into what the teams around us did, I don't think it will be more than 3 spots and possibly not at all. 

hogfan064

Quote from: HokieHawg on April 09, 2006, 10:57:46 pm
Will we move down in the rankings because of the two losses earlier this week?

I say we stay about the same.  Winning 2 of 3 on the road against a top 20 team would have moved us up a spot or 2 if not for the Missouri State loss.  If I had to guess

Baseball America-11
Collegiate Baseball-15

maniax22bolts20

Not a bad comeback and a much needed series win. We need the same 2 of 3 or btter this weekend. It was a great day for watching Hog Baseball in Nashville yesterday.

hogfan064

I think right now we're looking very good to host a regional.  We have a little work to do to be a top 8 seed though.  I think right now USC, Bama, and maybe MSU are the only SEC teams that would get a top 8 seed

pbjones81

Hogeye_Pierce

Yep. Baseball America still has us at #12. 'Bout like we expected. Time to kick some Missouri State butt on Tuesday.

Here's the linky: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/top25/26984.html
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!