Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miss Lisa's Call to DTS:

Started by Golferhog, November 06, 2017, 07:44:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 09:31:24 pm
Do you realize that the original plans were to build the stands over the existing BAC and it wasn't feasible in the end? That it now includes an extra $6m big screen, $4m worth of elevators and towers, and $40m for concourse, Founder's suites, updating existing suites and club areas, and new concession areas in other areas of the stadium?

Got to love the uninformed.......

Well put; thank you.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: farmhawg on November 06, 2017, 09:25:44 pm
Dumpling needs to go so quit beating on a poor old lady. Shameful you take butter beans side.
I really hope you are joking. 

hoglady

Quote from: Lanny on November 06, 2017, 08:38:43 pm
thats her,  I know Lisa, Lisa is a die hard Razorback fan that helps with razorback clubs in NE Arkansas

Thanks - I thought it might be.
When I heard her on Bo's show she sounded pretty truthful to me.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 07, 2017, 04:58:31 am
What amazes me is that based on past and present behavior of Jeff Long why is what she saying difficult to believe. He's said nearly as much himself with the words, "Arkansas is not a win at all cost program". Well, to anyone who can think past one dimension, Long's quote is telling you, me and every other Razorback football fan that the UA athletic department is there for molding minds of young men and women and if they happen to be successful, there's your cherry on top, Hog fans.

I lost all faith in Jeff Long when he fired Petrino (and I don't give a rat's ass about his record this season at UL). Petrino's success here led high level donors to believe that the UA could and were on the path to capture past glory, thus the money came rolling in for the new football operations facility. And a year or so later we all know what happened. No one who has hired Petrino, even UL for the second time has caught any grief, except for the small-time bomb throwers who words sound like a firecracker dud when they hit. I said it in 2012, and I'll say it again, Long was playing to the sympathy of the American public when he had ESPN all to himself on the day he fired Petrino. Those faux crocodile tears make me ill when I think about Long going to his hanky to dry them up. The news cycle then and now last 24 hours. We've had two horrendous shootings the past 3 weeks in this country and America has moved on to something else. Yet the spineless AD at the UA and most of you in that post on this message room were so worried what the country would think of us if we kept Petrino. Speak of being self centered, what would make a UA fan actually believe that the UA would be the constant ridicule of the country if we kept Petrino. Egocentric and gutless wonders ! 

And now we find ourselves with an AD who must believe we are Columbia University in NYC along with a strange obsession of needing more athletic facilities built. Most athletic businesses have a blue print of winning first, constructing fine new facilities second. "And the band plays on"

Good post!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: latrops on November 06, 2017, 08:30:49 pm
Of course, none of us know the specifics of the alleged exchange between the AD and radio show calling fan.  That said, I would expect that if she respectfully and intelligently expressed her concerns, she should have received at least a polite response...even if ultimately unsatisfying.  Conversely, a belligerent and confrontational approach may lead to a negative response.

The average angry sports fan probably isn't going in with calm and respect all that often.

You teach your staff how to handle angry and/or belligerent fans in a professional manner.
Telling a supporter to find a knew school to support shouldn't be on the list of things to say.

A good business knows how to handle angry customers.

hawgon

Jeffry Augustus looked defiant when he made that statement about not being a win at all cost program at the LRTDC.  He sees himself as a great man seeking to bring enlightenment to a benighted state and real achievement to a peoples who have heretofore, only been able to celebrate the taudry accomplishments of their unethical athletic program.

Will this Prometheus of Arkansas athletics succeed, or will his liver be forever eaten by the buzzards of a resurgent GOBN?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hoglady on November 07, 2017, 06:52:31 am
You teach your staff how to handle angry and/or belligerent fans in a professional manner.
Telling a supporter to find a knew school to support shouldn't be on the list of things to say.

Ha! I've been told much worse things by representatives of much bigger & better companies than our Athletic Department.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

menace_hawg3

Has anyone listened to Miss Lisa's recording yet? Wouldn't it be wise to actually hear it for yourselves before passing judgement?

rhog1

Quote from: menace_hawg3 on November 07, 2017, 07:02:57 am
Has anyone listened to Miss Lisa's recording yet? Wouldn't it be wise to actually hear it for yourselves before passing judgement?
That's what I am saying. If she has the recording then she should share it. If it is what she says then change would probably come from it. If she doesn't have it or won't share it then she shouldn't have even brought it up.

smb

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 07, 2017, 04:58:31 am
What amazes me is that based on past and present behavior of Jeff Long why is what she saying difficult to believe. He's said nearly as much himself with the words, "Arkansas is not a win at all cost program". Well, to anyone who can think past one dimension, Long's quote is telling you, me and every other Razorback football fan that the UA athletic department is there for molding minds of young men and women and if they happen to be successful, there's your cherry on top, Hog fans.

I lost all faith in Jeff Long when he fired Petrino (and I don't give a rat's ass about his record this season at UL). Petrino's success here led high level donors to believe that the UA could and were on the path to capture past glory, thus the money came rolling in for the new football operations facility. And a year or so later we all know what happened. No one who has hired Petrino, even UL for the second time has caught any grief, except for the small-time bomb throwers who words sound like a firecracker dud when they hit. I said it in 2012, and I'll say it again, Long was playing to the sympathy of the American public when he had ESPN all to himself on the day he fired Petrino. Those faux crocodile tears make me ill when I think about Long going to his hanky to dry them up. The news cycle then and now last 24 hours. We've had two horrendous shootings the past 3 weeks in this country and America has moved on to something else. Yet the spineless AD at the UA and most of you in that post on this message room were so worried what the country would think of us if we kept Petrino. Speak of being self centered, what would make a UA fan actually believe that the UA would be the constant ridicule of the country if we kept Petrino. Egocentric and gutless wonders ! 

And now we find ourselves with an AD who must believe we are Columbia University in NYC along with a strange obsession of needing more athletic facilities built. Most athletic businesses have a blue print of winning first, constructing fine new facilities second. "And the band plays on"
Ditto good post.
GeorgiaHOG

J-Five

I would've told Miss Lisa the same thing...she's ANNOYING.  And her country accent makes my ears bleed, so there's that. 
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

3kgthog

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:06:18 pm
Guess what?

The BOT (full of Arkansans) approved the expansion.  The stadium is being built.  The BOT (full of Arkansans) approved the debt for the stadium.  The suites are sold.

Stop crying. Boo Hoo Hoo.

But the suites and boxes aren't all sold. The main man in charge of the RF told Grant Hall this on his radio show last Friday.

ricepig

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 07, 2017, 08:00:41 am
But the suites and boxes aren't all sold. The main man in charge of the RF told Grant Hall this on his radio show last Friday.

Suites yes, boxes no.  It's also still 10 months until use, so....

60 out of 70, was that the number I saw as being sold?

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2017, 08:01:23 am
Suites yes, boxes no.  It's also still 10 months until use, so....

60 out of 70, was that the number I saw as being sold?
Exactly.  People don't take the time to distinguish the difference in a suite and a loge box.

Suites = 100% sold out

Loge Boxes = 8-10 remaining.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 06, 2017, 11:39:37 pm
Just sharing some facts about a personal friend of mine.  I'm not sure why the other guys is still talking.
Think you can get that recording from your personal friend?
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Hogwild

Quote from: moses_007 on November 06, 2017, 08:40:16 pm

Jeff Long is finished.

That would be the best Razorback news in a good while.

pigture perfect

I love Miss Lisa. She is a friend of mine. We don't always agree, but I will vouch for her character. If she says she has it, She does. Someone said earlier in the thread about her being neither passionate or funny, whoever said that needs a reality check. Read what Webster say about passion as it relates to sports and you have miss Lisa's picture right there. Another word for her that no one else knows is kindness. If you ever need someone to hold your hand and cry with you during tragedy, it's Lisa. She has been an encourager to me through the last few years.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 07, 2017, 08:46:25 am
I love Miss Lisa. She is a friend of mine. We don't always agree, but I will vouch for her character. If she says she has it, She does. Someone said earlier in the thread about her being neither passionate or funny, whoever said that needs a reality check. Read what Webster say about passion as it relates to sports and you have miss Lisa's picture right there. Another word for her that no one else knows is kindness. If you ever need someone to hold your hand and cry with you during tragedy, it's Lisa. She has been an encourager to me through the last few years.
Again, as a friend, can you get the recording?

If she has it, she should play it.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Razorbackers

Quote from: menace_hawg3 on November 07, 2017, 07:02:57 am

Scanned the whole thread looking for it. I now have cancer.

pigture perfect

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 07, 2017, 08:50:07 am
Again, as a friend, can you get the recording?

If she has it, she should play it.
I can't comment on what she is doing with the recording. I don't think she can either, at this point. This is not over. Pull up your g-string and wait like the rest of us.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: hog of steele on November 06, 2017, 08:12:02 pm
Did she play the tape? If it exists, it will be on the net shortly. I will withhold judgement until then.

Cosign.  If she's got it, let's hear it.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 07, 2017, 08:53:49 am
I can't comment on what she is doing with the recording. I don't think she can either, at this point. This is not over. Pull up your g-string and wait like the rest of us.
Yes, because her recording on an an employee is going to be so earth shattering that someone may go to prison.

"This is not over."

Run for the hills boys.

I prefer cammando.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Razorbackers

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 07, 2017, 08:53:49 am
I can't comment on what she is doing with the recording.

I can. She's not posting it.

And if it doesn't have Jeff Long himself saying the words, then I don't even know what the controversy is going to be, aside from some receptionist who is tired of taking calls from screaming idiots all over the state complaining about football.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 07, 2017, 08:55:40 am
Cosign.  If she's got it, let's hear it.
No sir.

Nobody can comment on what she is doing with the recording she claims to have.

You need to get in the hiking up of your g-string line.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Razorbackers

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 07, 2017, 08:55:52 am
Yes, because her recording on an an employee is going to be so earth shattering that someone may go to prison.

"This is not over."

Run for the hills boys.

I prefer cammando.

This recording is probably part of Mueller's investigation, that's why it is so secret. Huge leak for DTS.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 07, 2017, 08:57:01 am
No sir.

Nobody can comment on what she is doing with the recording she claims to have.

You need to get in the hiking up of your g-string line.

Sorry--left my Little Orphan Annie decoder ring at home today.  Can you translate?
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Razorbackers

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 07, 2017, 08:58:04 am
Sorry--left my Little Orphan Annie decoder ring at home today.  Can you translate?

B E S U R E T O O V E R R E A C T T O E V E R Y T H I N G A S A F A N B A S E

ricepig

It's ok, the Russkies have it and will be releasing it in the next Hogileaks.....

Jimbob111

"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

WoooPigBrewie

Just using sarcasm.

pigture perfect, said "I can't comment on what she is doing with the recording. I don't think she can either, at this point. This is not over. Pull up your g-string and wait like the rest of us."

So, because you agree with me that she should play the recording, I want you to do what pigture perfect says to do and hike up your g-string.

I guess if you don't big bad Miss Lisa will get you.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Fan1958

In my business unfortunately I am faced with angry folks on a somewhat regular basis. It's just the nature of the beast. There are ways to tell someone to kiss your ass and make them like it and if there are ways to tell them to kiss your ass and piss them off.

If what this lady said is true, at the very least the staff answering the phones needs training. Remember, these are your customers calling.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

EastexHawg

What, one of the standard and most oft used lines from the Hogville script isn't acceptable?

ricepig

Quote from: Fan1958 on November 07, 2017, 09:04:59 am
In my business unfortunately I am faced with angry folks on a somewhat regular basis. It's just the nature of the beast. There are ways to tell someone to kiss your ass and make them like it and if there are ways to tell them to kiss your ass and piss them off.

If what this lady said is true, at the very least the staff answering the phones needs training. Remember, these are your customers calling.

Yeah, probably sent home on paid leave, and then jetted to Palm Springs for sensitivity training... .

mweston

This may not be much, but if the board is split down the middle, this could help sway the deciding vote(s).

cram224

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:18:49 pm
Let me guess, as Long as it's not your money?? Do you realize how much ticket costs are going to increase to cover the $65M difference, and the $80M in interest over 20 years to pay it back?

And do you realize they're still paying on the renovation that took place under Broyles?

Gotta love blind sheep.
You have no clue.

razorcash2

Quote from: Broadway Rob on November 06, 2017, 10:03:23 pm
She calls in here in NEA all the time.  She told the story once of how she walked down the benches court side before a home game in Bud Walton, and was close enough to ask Pelphrey a question.   

To his face:
"What does it feel like to be the man who set this program back 30 years?"  She said he stared her down for like 5 seconds and then walked off. 

She has guts like you wouldn't believe.  Don't fool with her.
That's basically classless.

KennyForAD

Jeff Long is a CROOK and he convinced the fans that he was Captain Integrity.  Of course he thinks the fans are a bunch of suckers.   We are...

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: razorcash2 on November 07, 2017, 09:32:11 am
That's basically classless.
No, big bad Miss Lisa is hilarious.

Such a great representative of the fans.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Snorts

Petrino's record at Louisville should give us a good feeling.  An above average, not great, coach came in here and got us winning big time.  His predecessor, who wasn't as good, had a winning SEC record.  He fell apart at Ole Piss.

Not that hard to win at Arkansas, huh?  Sort of tells you what level Bret operates on.

BassinHawg

D R I N K M O R E P E P S I
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hawgsalot

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 07, 2017, 08:00:41 am

All but 1 are sold.

ballz2thewall

is she good looking?

if so, i take her side.
The rest of the frog.

hogsanity

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 09:36:34 am
Jeff Long is a CROOK and he convinced the fans that he was Captain Integrity.  Of course he thinks the fans are a bunch of suckers.   We are...

Actually all sports fans are suckers. They have been suckered into buying season tickets AND paying for the right to be able to buy season tickets. They have been duped into believing paying coaches millions per year will bring wins. They have been conditioned to believe that paying for new stadium upgrades will bring recruits, which will bring wins. They have been lead to believe what they say matters, when all that matter is your $.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

1highhog

Quote from: J-Five on November 07, 2017, 07:25:27 am
I would've told Miss Lisa the same thing...she's ANNOYING.  And her country accent makes my ears bleed, so there's that. 

She's from Arkansas, if you don't have a country accent, you're not from here.

hawgon

Quote from: 1highhog on November 07, 2017, 09:58:49 am

Jeff Long knows everyone with a country accent is a dumbass.

AirWarren

Quote from: 1highhog on November 07, 2017, 09:58:49 am

Exactly.

Leave if you don't like it. Massachusetts and Vermont will happily take you.

KennyForAD

Quote from: hogsanity on November 07, 2017, 09:56:49 am
Actually all sports fans are suckers. They have been suckered into buying season tickets AND paying for the right to be able to buy season tickets. They have been duped into believing paying coaches millions per year will bring wins. They have been conditioned to believe that paying for new stadium upgrades will bring recruits, which will bring wins. They have been lead to believe what they say matters, when all that matter is your $.

Yes, but there are lots of places where a fraud like Jeff Long could never dupe the fanbase.   I love Arkansas.  I love our fans.  But its just how it is.  From our biggest boosters to average Joe, we are freaking stupid.

DeltaBoy

Time to clean the pig pen .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HoggieStyle

Needs to be released.

Long and his staff need to be gone.

hogsanity

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 10:08:57 am
Yes, but there are lots of places where a fraud like Jeff Long could never dupe the fanbase.   I love Arkansas.  I love our fans.  But its just how it is.  From our biggest boosters to average Joe, we are freaking stupid.

glad you finally looked in the mirror.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE