Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miss Lisa's Call to DTS:

Started by Golferhog, November 06, 2017, 07:44:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:18:49 pm
Let me guess, as Long as it's not your money?? Do you realize how much ticket costs are going to increase to cover the $65M difference, and the $80M in interest over 20 years to pay it back?

And do you realize they're still paying on the renovation that took place under Broyles?

Gotta love blind sheep.

Do you realize that the original plans were to build the stands over the existing BAC and it wasn't feasible in the end? That it now includes an extra $6m big screen, $4m worth of elevators and towers, and $40m for concourse, Founder's suites, updating existing suites and club areas, and new concession areas in other areas of the stadium?

Got to love the uninformed.......

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:10:52 pm
A $78M project for over 5,000 seats that became $160M for 3,000 seats, to go along with other projects that had significant overruns.

Ouch

Drop the Mike

Quote from: FarmingtonFan on November 06, 2017, 08:18:59 pm
I know Jeff Long's email was posted here before.  Can't find it tho.  Can someone post?

Deltashero@uark.edu

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:10:52 pm
A $78M project for over 5,000 seats that became $160M for 3,000 seats, to go along with other projects that had significant overruns.
Really? I haven't seen that reported. Mind sharing a link?
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

ricepig

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 09:36:31 pm
Really? I haven't seen that reported. Mind sharing a link?

The only link was the 2011 Master Plan in which what was proposed then isn't anything like what they've done, but facts aren't important on HV.

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ricepig

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 06, 2017, 09:31:29 pm
Ouch
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/06/16/arkansas-trustees-approve-160-million-stadium-expansion/85984994/

" The University of Arkansas Board of Trustees has voted to move ahead with a $160 million expansion of Razorback Stadium, one that will add approximately 4,800 seats and enclose the north end zone of the stadium in addition to other upgrades and renovations.

By an 8-2 vote Thursday, the board approved the plan that also includes the rebuilding of the Broyles Athletic Center, the building that houses the athletic department's administrative offices and football museum."

Ouch. Guess all but two of the board members should resign.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 09:38:16 pm
The only link was the 2011 Master Plan in which what was proposed then isn't anything like what they've done, but facts aren't important on HV.
Exactly, five years before construction.

People here want a big time program but don't want to pay big time dollar.

Actually, big time dollar does pay seeing that every suite in the stadium is sold.  But hey, that doesn't fit the narrative.

Of course I want to win more, but to act like the stadium expansion is an issue is just an uneducated take.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

moses_007

Quote from: WooPigFarm on November 06, 2017, 08:49:40 pm
She should call Paul

cant make sense of it all, call paul
Yes, Finebaum would love to hear that story from Miss Lisa.  He would use it for dumpster fire proof.

jabberjawls

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 09:40:20 pm
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/06/16/arkansas-trustees-approve-160-million-stadium-expansion/85984994/

" The University of Arkansas Board of Trustees has voted to move ahead with a $160 million expansion of Razorback Stadium, one that will add approximately 4,800 seats and enclose the north end zone of the stadium in addition to other upgrades and renovations.

By an 8-2 vote Thursday, the board approved the plan that also includes the rebuilding of the Broyles Athletic Center, the building that houses the athletic department's administrative offices and football museum."

Ouch. Guess all but two of the board members should resign.
You do realize that article was June of 2016, right? Burn!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: jabberjawls on November 06, 2017, 09:56:41 pm
You do realize that article was June of 2016, right? Burn!
So that means the BOT did not approve the $160 million stadium expansion and renovation?

Please, enlighten me...
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Broadway Rob

Quote from: Lanny on November 06, 2017, 07:49:30 pm
Yes I heard the call on DTS, unreal

She calls in here in NEA all the time.  She told the story once of how she walked down the benches court side before a home game in Bud Walton, and was close enough to ask Pelphrey a question.   

To his face:
"What does it feel like to be the man who set this program back 30 years?"  She said he stared her down for like 5 seconds and then walked off. 

She has guts like you wouldn't believe.  Don't fool with her.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Broadway Rob on November 06, 2017, 10:03:23 pm
She calls in here in NEA all the time.  She told the story once of how she walked down the benches court side before a home game in Bud Walton, and was close enough to ask Pelphrey a question.   

To his face:
"What does it feel like to be the man who set this program back 30 years?"  She said he stared her down for like 5 seconds and then walked off. 

She has guts like you wouldn't believe.  Don't fool with her.
Man, sounds like a winner.

So much heart and so much guts.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Salted Pork

hobhog

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:18:49 pm
Let me guess, as Long as it's not your money?? Do you realize how much ticket costs are going to increase to cover the $65M difference, and the $80M in interest over 20 years to pay it back?

And do you realize they're still paying on the renovation that took place under Broyles?

Gotta love blind sheep.

Im a season ticket holder. I'm fine with it. Doubt it will cost you a dime.

Ugly Uncle

Ms. Lisa used to call into my show.

I even had her come into studio a couple of times.

I love Ms. Lisa.  She is not someone to be messed with.  She is a sweet lady that can tear you apart with her words when  angered.  I'm a little surprised that people are so quick to rip on her.  She is a radical Razorback fan that you would love to be around.

I love Ms. Lisa.
Retired Radio Host

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 09:42:41 pm
Exactly, five years before construction.

People here want a big time program but don't want to pay big time dollar.

Actually, big time dollar does pay seeing that every suite in the stadium is sold.  But hey, that doesn't fit the narrative.

Of course I want to win more, but to act like the stadium expansion is an issue is just an uneducated take.

Regarding my reply #36...I wasn't saying the Stadium expansion is an issue. My point was what the BOT members would probably do with yet another letter complaining about Jeff Long... "File 13"
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 09:31:24 pm
Do you realize that the original plans were to build the stands over the existing BAC and it wasn't feasible in the end? That it now includes an extra $6m big screen, $4m worth of elevators and towers, and $40m for concourse, Founder's suites, updating existing suites and club areas, and new concession areas in other areas of the stadium?

Got to love the uninformed.......

Wasn't feasible?  Or poor planning?  Or more half truths from Jeffi? 

There's a huge gap between $78,000,000 and $160,000,000; no matter which side of the rainbow you're on.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 06, 2017, 10:43:57 pm
Ms. Lisa used to call into my show.

I even had her come into studio a couple of times.

I love Ms. Lisa.  She is not someone to be messed with.  She is a sweet lady that can tear you apart with her words when  angered.  I'm a little surprised that people are so quick to rip on her.  She is a radical Razorback fan that you would love to be around.

I love Ms. Lisa.
"She is not someone to be messed with."

Come on.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 10:53:21 pm
Wasn't feasible?  Or poor planning?  Or more half truths from Jeffi? 

There's a huge gap between $78,000,000 and $160,000,000; no matter which side of the rainbow you're on.
Guess what?

The BOT (full of Arkansans) approved the expansion.  The stadium is being built.  The BOT (full of Arkansans) approved the debt for the stadium.  The suites are sold.

Stop crying. Boo Hoo Hoo.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:03:38 pm
"She is not someone to be messed with."

Come on.

Oh, I forgot you are a bad, bad man.  Sure you can mess with her.  You can take it big boy.  She will just be louder than you, funnier than you, and make you look like a fool for messing with a "postmenopausal" woman.  She will refer to herself as being postmenopausal to explain why she is so angry.

I'm sure with your wit and wisdom you will come out looking just fine.
Retired Radio Host

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 06, 2017, 11:14:39 pm
Oh, I forgot you are a bad, bad man.  Sure you can mess with her.  You can take it big boy.  She will just be louder than you, funnier than you, and make you look like a fool for messing with a "postmenopausal" woman.  She will refer to herself as being postmenopausal to explain why she is so angry.

I'm sure with your wit and wisdom you will come out looking just fine.
Personally, she is neither funny nor passionate.  She comes across as someone who needs to be institutionalized.

Additionally, you know nothing about me.  You've never heard me speak.  You don't know my wit.  You don't know my wisdom.

But I do appreciate your condescending tone. 
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

PonderinHog

So, who would win a cage match between Miss Lisa and Phyllis from Mulga ???

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:18:59 pm
Personally, she isn't funny.

Additionally, you know nothing about me.

Actually she is.

You are right, I don't know you.  I do know her though.

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood your dismissive tone to what I said. 
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:18:59 pm
Personally, she is neither funny nor passionate.  She comes across as someone who needs to be institutionalized.

Additionally, you know nothing about me.  You've never heard me speak.  You don't know my wit.  You don't know my wisdom.

I know that it takes you two post to get your thoughts in order.

I don't mind you posting then editing once you figure out what you really want to say...

"Oh...I should have said this too..."

I'm sure you are a thinker...just maybe not a quick one.
Retired Radio Host

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 06, 2017, 11:23:56 pm
Actually she is.

You are right, I don't know you.  I do know her though.

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood your dismissive tone to what I said.
That is your opinion.

I bet if you put her on the radio every week, people would stop listening.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 06, 2017, 11:26:05 pm
I know that it takes you two post to get your thoughts in order.

I don't mind you posting then editing once you figure out what you really want to say...

"Oh...I should have said this too..."

I'm sure you are a thinker...just maybe not a quick one.
Dang, really cutting me down tonight.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:26:46 pm
That is your opinion.

I bet if you put her on the radio every week, people would stop listening.

Should I wait to respond to this until you are finished editing it?
Retired Radio Host

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 06, 2017, 11:28:14 pm
Should I wait to respond to this until you are finished editing it?
Hey, where can I find a link to your show?

Would love to listen.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:31:30 pm
Hey, where can I find a link to your show?

Would love to listen.
I just hope big bad Miss Lisa doesn't get me first.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

The Hawg Marshal

I can't believe you guys are arguing over Miss Lisa.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 06, 2017, 11:35:59 pm
Hey, you better not mess with Miss Lisa!!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

(notOM)Rebel123

PonderinHog

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:36:38 pm
Hey, you better not mess with Miss Lisa!!
How about you and Ugly on the undercard?

rtr

If she really has the tape, she should release it to the media.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 06, 2017, 11:35:59 pm

Just sharing some facts about a personal friend of mine.  I'm not sure why the other guys is still talking. 
Retired Radio Host

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: rtr on November 06, 2017, 11:39:03 pm
Maybe Ched can get it from his personal friend.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: rtr on November 06, 2017, 11:39:03 pm

If she thought ahead of time to actually record the conversation, she called looking to start an argument.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 06, 2017, 11:39:37 pm
Just sharing some facts about a personal friend of mine.  I'm not sure why the other guys is still talking.
Bazinga!!

Man, hit me hard.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

The Hawg Marshal

Let's all try to get along. We should be happy that we are probably getting a new coach. I know Miss Lisa is happy about it.

rtr

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:40:19 pm
Maybe Ched can get it from his personal friend.
Be careful what you wish for and never underestimate Ugly Uncle.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: rtr on November 06, 2017, 11:43:03 pm
Be careful what you wish for and never underestimate Ugly Uncle.
No underestimating.

Do wish he would obtain the audio and release the audio.

Would actually be newsworthy.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

rtr

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:44:41 pm
No underestimating.

Do wish he would obtain the audio and release the audio.

Would actually be newsworthy.
I agree.

rzrbackramsfan

Well any razorback fan that agrees with my opinions is a friend of mine.

alohawg

This thread is terrible. I don't know the woman, but if she's a passionate hog fan/supporter, she's all good. Yes, fire Long and his rich buddy Bert.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Sivad

So she tapes her phone conversations and then broadcasts her version of the conversation on statewide radio.
She would have trouble getting a line through to me.

Iwastherein1969

What amazes me is that based on past and present behavior of Jeff Long why is what she saying difficult to believe. He's said nearly as much himself with the words, "Arkansas is not a win at all cost program". Well, to anyone who can think past one dimension, Long's quote is telling you, me and every other Razorback football fan that the UA athletic department is there for molding minds of young men and women and if they happen to be successful, there's your cherry on top, Hog fans.

I lost all faith in Jeff Long when he fired Petrino (and I don't give a rat's ass about his record this season at UL). Petrino's success here led high level donors to believe that the UA could and were on the path to capture past glory, thus the money came rolling in for the new football operations facility. And a year or so later we all know what happened. No one who has hired Petrino, even UL for the second time has caught any grief, except for the small-time bomb throwers who words sound like a firecracker dud when they hit. I said it in 2012, and I'll say it again, Long was playing to the sympathy of the American public when he had ESPN all to himself on the day he fired Petrino. Those faux crocodile tears make me ill when I think about Long going to his hanky to dry them up. The news cycle then and now last 24 hours. We've had two horrendous shootings the past 3 weeks in this country and America has moved on to something else. Yet the spineless AD at the UA and most of you in that post on this message room were so worried what the country would think of us if we kept Petrino. Speak of being self centered, what would make a UA fan actually believe that the UA would be the constant ridicule of the country if we kept Petrino. Egocentric and gutless wonders ! 

And now we find ourselves with an AD who must believe we are Columbia University in NYC along with a strange obsession of needing more athletic facilities built. Most athletic businesses have a blue print of winning first, constructing fine new facilities second. "And the band plays on"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hawgon

Augustus Jeff.  When I found it, UA Athletics was a city of bricks.  I left it a city of marble.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 07, 2017, 04:58:31 am
What amazes me is that based on past and present behavior of Jeff Long why is what she saying difficult to believe. He's said nearly as much himself with the words, "Arkansas is not a win at all cost program". Well, to anyone who can think past one dimension, Long's quote is telling you, me and every other Razorback football fan that the UA athletic department is there for molding minds of young men and women and if they happen to be successful, there's your cherry on top, Hog fans.

I lost all faith in Jeff Long when he fired Petrino (and I don't give a rat's ass about his record this season at UL). Petrino's success here led high level donors to believe that the UA could and were on the path to capture past glory, thus the money came rolling in for the new football operations facility. And a year or so later we all know what happened. No one who has hired Petrino, even UL for the second time has caught any grief, except for the small-time bomb throwers who words sound like a firecracker dud when they hit. I said it in 2012, and I'll say it again, Long was playing to the sympathy of the American public when he had ESPN all to himself on the day he fired Petrino. Those faux crocodile tears make me ill when I think about Long going to his hanky to dry them up. The news cycle then and now last 24 hours. We've had two horrendous shootings the past 3 weeks in this country and America has moved on to something else. Yet the spineless AD at the UA and most of you in that post on this message room were so worried what the country would think of us if we kept Petrino. Speak of being self centered, what would make a UA fan actually believe that the UA would be the constant ridicule of the country if we kept Petrino. Egocentric and gutless wonders ! 

And now we find ourselves with an AD who must believe we are Columbia University in NYC along with a strange obsession of needing more athletic facilities built. Most athletic businesses have a blue print of winning first, constructing fine new facilities second. "And the band plays on"

Wise AD Long and his band of merry men had to show that Bobby who's the boss.  If the football program got destroyed in the process, so be it.  The whole thing was amateur hour at it's finest.