Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan Mullens

Started by hogcods8, November 23, 2017, 08:11:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcods8

Why not cut to the chase and reach out to this guy after the Egg Bowl?

apcapri

He always seems to be mentioned for other jobs but never goes anywhere. If he'd come I'd be happy to get him tho. Solid coach.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Torqued pork

November 23, 2017, 08:35:24 am #3 Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:51:20 pm by Torqued pork
Wasn't MSU the loser in the bidding war for Cam Newton? If so, why aren't Mullen's ethics ever questioned?

online-with-swine

I thought Mullen and company turned Aubbie in but didn't realize their own boosters were doing the same thing?

Torqued pork

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 23, 2017, 08:43:22 am
I thought Mullen and company turned Aubbie in but didn't realize their own boosters were doing the same thing?
That would explain it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Dan Mullen reads message boards. Eliminates schools whose fans don't know it's Mullen not Mullens.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

lrar4hogs

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 23, 2017, 08:35:24 am
Wasn't MSU the loser in the bidding war for Cam Newton? If so, why isn't Mullen's ethics ever questioned?

Yeah MSU also has a current player who knowingly accepted extra benefits but will have immunity because he is going to expose what Ole Miss has been doing the last few years in recruiting to the NCAA.  The four SEC schools in Mississippi and Alabama are some of the dirtiest schools in the NCAA.  Everything is all good until you beat Bama.  Then get ready to get exposed.  And if you think Bama is clean and it's all Saban, I want some of what your smoking.  Don't tell me either that everybody cheats to some degree.  l believe most schools stay within the gray area but Bama, Ole Miss, Auburn, and MSU stay dirty.  And last, l can't believe everyone accepts that MSU has one of the best APR's.  A state that ranks dead last in education suddenly has athletes who are well educated and graduate with a college degree. 

Hogman2

Why would he take a job on the same side of the Conference as Saban?

PigInTheHole

Quote from: Hogman2 on November 23, 2017, 07:11:49 pm
Why would he take a job on the same side of the Conference as Saban?

Are you thinking Mullens might be scared of Sabans and is looking at Tennersee or Florita?

Maybe, I seem him staying put.  Mrs. Mullens likes it in Starkyville
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 23, 2017, 08:43:22 am
Yep.They won the bid for Leo Lewis , I doubt he's the only one that they bought.

MissippHog

Mullen is an average coach and his record speaks to that. 

The Hawg Marshal

Mullen also signed the 5* DE that is on video beating the crap out of a woman. I believe his name is Simpson.

BigoBoys

He is going to the east. 

clutch

Quote from: MissippHog on November 23, 2017, 08:52:10 pm
Mullen is an average coach and his record speaks to that. 

69-45 at Miss St. isn't that bad. Even had them ranked #1 in the country at one point. Mullen is really good at finding the diamond in the rough QB. He's a very good coach. Starkville isn't an easy place to win.

King Kong

Quote from: clutch on November 23, 2017, 09:18:23 pm
69-45 at Miss St. isn't that bad. Even had them ranked #1 in the country at one point. Mullen is really good at finding the diamond in the rough QB. He's a very good coach. Starkville isn't an easy place to win.

69-45 at Miss State is f***ing amazing

King Kong

Quote from: BigoBoys on November 23, 2017, 09:06:34 pm
He is going to the east.

I hope so we need Miss St to become Miss State again

BigoBoys

Quote from: King Kong on November 23, 2017, 10:00:41 pm
I hope so we need Miss St to become Miss State again
If he goes to Tennessee he has to play Bama every year. Not so at Florida

Ironhawg

They ran a stat during the Egg Bowl that Mullen's teams at Mississippi State have won more bowl games during his tenure than Mississippi State won in the prior 108 years. 

247Hog

He looked like a coach that knew he wouldn't be back next season during the game.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

HogPharmer

Quote from: 247Hog on November 23, 2017, 11:10:37 pm
He looked like a coach that knew he wouldn't be back next season during the game.

Are you saying he looked like CBB?

He also appeared to be coaching his kicker AFTER the game was over. That speaks volumes to see a guy that doesn't just hit the locker room immediately after a loss but to continue to coach your kids (especially the kicker, who actually had a good game) on the field after a loss.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

isavedjazz

He is 2-15 again ranked teams in his tenure at Misstake.
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

isavedjazz

Also his name is Dan Mullen.
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

MissippHog

Quote from: clutch on November 23, 2017, 09:18:23 pm
He is 33-39 in the West (36-7 vs. chump non-cons.)  He has one, just one winning season in the conference, even CBB has managed one of those.  He has finished 5th in the west 5 times, finished 4th in the west 2 times, and has 1 2nd place finish.  If that isn't the definition of mediocre I don't know what is.  Just watch any of his games.  His play calling late in games is questionable and his time management is on par with CBB's.