Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Gruden--MERGED

Started by jbcarol, April 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

Quote from: 188fw_FyngRzrbk on November 24, 2012, 04:40:10 pm
Am I the only one that gets the willys every time I hear Franklin's name?  I think he is a good guy, and has some coaching ability, but for some reason, I see A LOT of HDN in him.  Please G-d, don't let Long hire Franklin.

Franklin and HDN both have a knack for getting their players to play with emotion, but that's not always a bad thing. The difference between them is that it's all HDN had and he relied on it too much. I don't see Franklin doing that at all. I may be wrong, but Franklin doesn't remind me of HDN much at all.

I hope it's not Briles, but we could do much worse.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 24, 2012, 11:34:34 am
Give me Gruden or give me death!

Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Pig in the Pokey

It's still Gruden. Don't sweat these powertrippin folks here. #agenda or #pride?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Albert Einswine

I would be disappointed if it were Gruden. I'm glad I don't have to worry about it.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 26, 2012, 09:58:28 am
I would be disappointed if it were Gruden. I'm glad I don't have to worry about it.
why? you should research the man a bit. He's a genius, full of charisma, and nobody outworks the grude.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 26, 2012, 10:02:21 am
why? you should research the man a bit. He's a genius, full of charisma, and nobody outworks the grude.

He's never been a college coach and I saw his work in the NFL, Billick is as good as Grude.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 26, 2012, 10:10:55 am

He's never been a college coach and I saw his work in the NFL, Billick is as good as Grude.
yeah, i bet Bill Clinton couldn't hack it as a mayor. he's never done it at THAT level.

I agree Billick is solid but he's no Gruden.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ScottFaldon on November 26, 2012, 12:21:17 pm
As I said, if he's such a football genius he wouldn't have spent four years on the shelf.
he's turned down probably a dozen jobs since then, lol. YOU should research the man, too... wit yer purdy lil bowtie ;D

Albert Einswine

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 26, 2012, 12:12:48 pm

Yeah Scott.  Super Bowls are the hallmark of a mediocre coach.....

Should read "super bowl" is the hallmark of a coach who follows Tony Dungy, the architect of two super bowl winners with two different organizations... if we're being honest.

And in the spirit of honesty, Gruden was the architect of a losing super bowl participant, you know, that team he built that he beat with the team Dungy built...

Albert Einswine

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 26, 2012, 12:44:31 pm
I am totally aware of how that transpired.  I was in Tampa at the time.  I also realized however,  that this change added that new dimension -- an offense.  The defense however was Monte Kiffin's.  Dungy was an awesome character person and he did make the team what it was character-wise.

Look, Gruden just isn't that great a coach. He's a personality (one that grates on me intensely) more than anything. He wasn't a poor coach, obviously, but like I've been saying he's no better than Brian Billick and I haven't seen any Hog fans all breathless and in a lather for Billick.

The whole Gruden thing doesn't compute for me from a college football perspective.

Pig in the Pokey

Gruden's THE BEST coach out there, imo.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 26, 2012, 12:56:20 pm
I am not sure what he could do as an actual offensive brain-thrust,  but his enthusiasm and name recognition is definitely not his short-comings.  And with the right staff,  he could be a big recruiting guy.
the staff will be awesome!

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 26, 2012, 12:36:21 pm

Should read "super bowl" is the hallmark of a coach who follows Tony Dungy, the architect of two super bowl winners with two different organizations... if we're being honest.

And in the spirit of honesty, Gruden was the architect of a losing super bowl participant, you know, that team he built that he beat with the team Dungy built...

Rich Gannon was awesome.

Albert Einswine

Danny J

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 26, 2012, 12:36:21 pm

Maybe you can help remind me but how good were those teams in Tampa? Were they offensive or defensive teams?

FL_Hog_Fan

Dungy sucked.  Sorry to tell you that, but I was there in Tampa at the time and for all those painful years of almost before they got rid of him.  The defense was all Monte Kiffin.  The offense sucked.  The only reason that the Bucs won the Super Bowl is that Gruden came in and added what Dungy couldn't.  Look how long it took Dungy to finally win it all at Indy with that team.  He was blessed with one of the greatest QB/coaches ever and he still managed to keep them down for a really long time.
What were we arguing about anyway?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: FL_Hog_Fan on November 26, 2012, 03:29:43 pm
Dungy sucked.  Sorry to tell you that, but I was there in Tampa at the time and for all those painful years of almost before they got rid of him.  The defense was all Monte Kiffin.  The offense sucked.  The only reason that the Bucs won the Super Bowl is that Gruden came in and added what Dungy couldn't.  Look how long it took Dungy to finally win it all at Indy with that team.  He was blessed with one of the greatest QB/coaches ever and he still managed to keep them down for a really long time.

When he got to Indy they had a poor defense.  He built it up until it was good enough.

But my Patriots were a big road block to their playoff hopes for a good while, much to my liking.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: FL_Hog_Fan on November 26, 2012, 03:29:43 pm

He had a better record at Tampa than Gruden.

Dungy at Tampa 54-42, .563

Gruden at Tampa 57-55, .509

Dungy overall NFL record 139-69, .668, 6 division titles, 1 super bowl win

Gruden overall NFL record  95-81, .540, 5 division titles, 1 super bowl win

Yeah, Tony Dungy sucks...

Dropkick

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 26, 2012, 04:08:42 pm

Which one had Peyton Manning?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Dropkick on November 26, 2012, 04:30:47 pm
Dungy is a good coach but he's no Jon Gruden.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Dropkick on November 26, 2012, 04:30:47 pm

You mean Mr. Regular Season Stat Juggernaut? That Peyton Manning?  That would be Dungy.

Albert Einswine

Danny J

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 26, 2012, 04:37:23 pm
Dungy is a good coach but he's no Jon Gruden.
They are both good coaches but I believe Dungy is a better coach.

Albert Einswine

Danny J

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 26, 2012, 05:19:07 pm

Chuckie is definitely better........
Just curious why you feel that way?

Danny J

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 26, 2012, 06:18:18 pm
Gruden will win 5 NC w/ Ark :)
Really? Based on all those national titles he has from the MNF booth?  ;D

rzrbkred

Hey Filipina, you need to come across the street

Trottsky

Stop deludin' with all this talk of Gruden.

Danny J

Quote from: rzrbkred on November 26, 2012, 06:30:11 pm
Hey Filipina, you need to come across the street
Don't do it Filipina!!! It is a trick!

Danny J

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 26, 2012, 06:38:15 pm
I am colludin with Gruden even as we speak. Selah
Does his wife know? Is "colludin" code for taking a drive on a Harley?

Danny J

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 26, 2012, 06:42:13 pm
ConGrudenous say Hog with No Boar  wins football games no more
Now I am confused.

Wayne Watson

November 26, 2012, 07:00:06 pm #43681 Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 07:38:17 pm by Wayne Watson
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

FL_Hog_Fan

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 26, 2012, 04:08:42 pm

Stats don't tell the story.  If you don't understand what happened with TB after the SB then you just don't understand the difficulty of managing an aging, highly paid roster in the NFL.  That is where Gruden and Allen did a bad job of that (not coaching) not to mention the complete collapse of Martine Gramatica.  Then there was a decent season where things were looking up with the Bucs winning the division followed by a season with a horrible string of injuries to players like Simeon Rice and Cadillac Williams.  There never was a decent QB acquisition.  These are not coaching failures.
What were we arguing about anyway?

chog68

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 26, 2012, 06:18:18 pm
Gruden will win 5 NC w/ Ark :)
OK Filipina...IF Grude cud win 5 NC here...How many would Cowher win? If Grude went to Tenn and Cowher came here, who win head to head? Vice versa? Just asking your thoughts, dear dont think either will happen, but WHAT IF? :)

HoggyCat

Gruden said during the game last night:

"THAT is why I love PRO football. Every year you find a new star!"
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 27, 2012, 09:28:45 am
Gruden said during the game last night:

"THAT is why I love PRO football. Every year you find a new star!"

That has got to be your abridged version of what he said because that windbag has never put forth less than a catastrophic avalanche of words any time his mouth opens, which is for most of the broadcast.

HoopS

Man it feels grude to be a grudesta.

Pig in the Pokey

Hoggam's Razor

We keep seeing this credible source guy being linked to a lot of posts.
What constitutes a credible source?
The Gruden camp claims to have a credible source....
There's even folks claiming Stoops due to a credible source.
I once had a source tell me that Malzahn was our next coach....prior to Petrino being named. 
Was my source credible....if I told you his name you would think so.
Arkansas is a small state and it's pretty common to have a credible source.
I hate it when people complain.

Fatmanhog

to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

BielemaBrilliance

There is no such thing as a " credible source"!! In the case of who the next coach will be, "credible sources" are speculations, made up stories and/or guesses made by folks who, if correct,  think they will be "the man" for inside information. It is a little entertaining reading these totaling made up stories and rumors.

Im a "credible source".  nobody knows darn about who are next coach will be...Take that to the bank.
"When you win, nothing hurts" Joe N

whatsshakinbacon

My credible source can beat up your credible source...

Tripod1

My credible source says there are no credible sources and I firmly believe him/her.

nebhog70

"Never surrender opportunity for security."
Branch Rickey

Feralhog

I don't have sources.  There are people I trust that I'm lucky enough to have conversations with, and they have sources.   Don't know who they are and it's none of my business anyway.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

Tim Harris

only anonymous internet posters can have credible sources.

BartIV

The ones involved in the process are the credible sources.

buck1

Quote from: Hoggam's Razor on November 29, 2012, 02:00:51 am
I once had a source tell me that Malzahn was our next coach....prior to Petrino being named. 

The only answer lies with a CONTRACT!  Anything else is just a guess, some more educated than others.

my3boneheads

Quote from: Hoggam's Razor on November 29, 2012, 02:00:51 am

Jeff Long or new coach.

Feralhog

Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent