A=rod

Started by Amityvillehogger, April 27, 2005, 09:04:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Amityvillehogger

Hit 3 homeruns, and had 10 rbi's.  But i still didn't care. ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

El Dog Hog

You beat me to posting about my favorite player in the game. This is just what the yanks need. A shot in the arm..... but not of an illegal substance. This is just proof positive that A Rods best days are way still ahead of him. Im not ready to call him a Ruth or anything, but I think he is now an "official" yankee. Them moving him to the 5th spot was a great idea. He's jumped around alot going from 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and now 5th. But I like where he is now. Godzilla is the best hitter on the team, and now he has AROD protecting him.... ITS GREAT.

WindyCityHog

Incredible numbers......I've always thought of NY as the death of great baseball players.....AROD is proving me wrong.

Razorback Jedi

I'm still glad I don't own him in any of my leagues.

msudawgs64

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on April 27, 2005, 05:28:49 pm
Too bad he's still the most over-rated player in MLB history. Every team he has ever played for has gotten better after he's gone.

yeah cuz they can free up the equivalent of the national debt of many third world countries combined they were paying him in salary.  I like Arod, his agent is another story though. He can only negotiate at night since he is a money sucking vampire and some of these owners are in his trance.  LOL
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

maniax22bolts20

8 hr's 26 rbi in April thru Wednesday.

Razorback Jedi

The last 2 nights he's doubled his RBI and HR totals for the season.

Pragmatic PiG

A-rod couldn't do shiat vs halladay tonite

CG SO for halladay resulting in yet another Spankee loss. On the bright side for the spankees, RJ pitched well but got no support

Spankees are now 9-14

El Dog Hog

A Rod is tied for the AL lead in HRs (9) and 2nd in RBI with 26.

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on April 29, 2005, 08:24:50 pm
A-rod couldn't do shiat vs halladay tonite

CG SO for halladay resulting in yet another Spankee loss. On the bright side for the spankees, RJ pitched well but got no support

Spankees are now 9-14

Roy won the cy young award 2 years ago. So apperently alot of people struggle with him.

WindyCityHog

Ain't it grand to see the Yankers struggling ;D  It's becoming apparent that the Yanks are in trouble....Baltimore has an incredible lineup....Rivera is touchable....and that payroll is looking ridiculous.....Ol' George is going to have a stroke the way things are going.

I'm betting that the Yanks don't make the playoffs this year.....Any takers?

Razorback Jedi

Windy, I'll take that wager. The yanks will make the playoffs (much to my disdain).

WindyCityHog

Okay...a ballcap of your choice.  A friendly wager......

Razorback Jedi

Oklahawg

Look at what the Mariners did when Griffey Jr and A-Rod left--110+ wins in a season.

A-Rod has a long way to go to catch up to Junior in the category of "most meaningless HRs and gee-whiz defensive plays". When in Seattle, Jr was the king of the solo HR in the 8th with his team down 6-1, or the shoe-top snag in the same game.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra