Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This last weekend before signing day

Started by JIHawg, January 27, 2006, 10:47:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

It's usually a "tying up loose ends" type of weekend, it's the time when you make your A list/B list decisions, when the final pieces fall into place.

There are a few visitors, Norman will be there as a recruiting aid, the only A lister this weekend, if he comes, is Duke Calhoun, from Memphis.  Word is momma and/or he works for a wealthy Memphis booster, and it would be "believe it when I see it" if he commits to the Hogs.

Dan Kreamer is coming, and as stated in another thread, he is the knee injury guy from Louisiana who was on everybody's list before the injury, now the Hogs will probably gray shirt.

There are two two-star guys, Matt Hewitt, a safety from a small junior college somewhere off, that Alex Wood had some connection to, and Ryan Powers, a linebacker from Alabama.  These two guys really want to be Hogs, and, seeing as they have no other offers of note, one can understand that.  They may be real diamonds in the rough, let's hope so, but this is the kind of signee you get toward the end when some others have gone elsewhere that you wanted.  Not to put down these young men in any way, I hope they both become All Americans, but I'm not some recruiting guru who has to make these guys sound like "great finds" to keep his job.  I can be a little honest on this.  These two guys would be 22 and 23, which is about our limit.

Looming in the background still are Damian and London, and who knows on those two, but if they decide to come, you suddenly up your limit to 24 or 25.  You make room for these kinds of guys, even if it means screwing some existing player out of his scholarship, but you hope you don't have to do that, and that it just works out.

Mister is a Seminole, and Batchelor is still open somewhat, still talking to us.  Probably stays with SC.

That's about it as far as this weekend.  Really not much to be concerned about at this stage of the game except Damian.  London would be great, as well as Batchelor, but we never really counted on them in the first place.

Really not a whole lot going down this weekend, and not a lot of mysteries left out there.