Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just watched BB show.. and....

Started by synthartist69, November 19, 2017, 10:51:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

I think we all know by now that BB is gone. But just one more thing that confirms the rumor, on the BB show CB announced that this would be the last BB show even though we have another game. I take that as a confirmation that he's gone.

razorcash2

That has basically happened every year dating back to the Houston Nutt era. Something to do with the holiday weekend.

hobhog

I saw them taping the show yesterday after the game in an empty RRS. It was sad to know he had to do that just 30 minutes after walking off field and knowing he was gone. Paid well but couldn't have been fun for him or Chuck.

moses_007

CBB:  Chuck, I called that play Brutha.

Chuck:  Well it sure as hell didn't work.

CBB:  I took Arkansas to places it had never been before.

Chuck:  Yeah, Bret, to the SEC Cellar. We've been looking for years for the right coach to get us there.

CBB:  Least I kept the boys out of trouble and making better grades.

Chuck:  That will be your lasting legacy here, Brett.

Dr. Starcs

I'm sure chuck had some real hard-hitting questions for him.

hamsam

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 19, 2017, 11:56:11 pm
I'm sure chuck had some real hard-hitting questions for him.

Not his job. He's a RSN employee, not a reporter.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

depressed_fan

That's one way to realize how lazy that guy is. He goes out on the field after the games for about 5 minutes to do the coaches show. Past coaches went in some sort of studio the next day and actually put some effort in to it. I guess Bielema put such a crappy product on the field it didn't matter. But I always thought it was a slap in the face to the fans that he put no effort in to that show. I only watched it from start to finish maybe once.  Katv should have cancelled it.

hoghearted

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 20, 2017, 06:58:48 am
That's one way to realize how lazy that guy is. He goes out on the field after the games for about 5 minutes to do the coaches show. Past coaches went in some sort of studio the next day and actually put some effort in to it. I guess Bielema put such a crappy product on the field it didn't matter. But I always thought it was a slap in the face to the fans that he put no effort in to that show. I only watched it from start to finish maybe once.  Katv should have cancelled it.

That's the polar opposite of Bobby's show. I learned a lot watching him break down plays.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

rhog1

Quote from: hoghearted on November 20, 2017, 07:02:40 am
That's the polar opposite of Bobby's show. I learned a lot watching him break down plays.
I actually liked the Houston Nutt show. He basically gave a breakdown of the plays from game film. Back then when every game wasn't televised it was nice to see the plays you had heard on radio.

Boarcephus

^^^^^ This.  The football field was nothing more than a chess board for him. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: rhog1 on November 20, 2017, 07:08:47 am
I actually liked the Houston Nutt show. He basically gave a breakdown of the plays from game film. Back then when every game wasn't televised it was nice to see the plays you had heard on radio.

I enjoyed Houston's coaches show until I joined the darkside.  "There's Justin Scott!! From Gos-nell, Arkansas!"....he always seemed so happy when a player did well.

SPAL

Houston Nutt had the best show to date. Bobby's was too overwhelming for the average fan and Bret's is underwhelming.

But for the guy who said other coaches taped the next day, that's not true. They've always been recorded following the game that same day.

Peter Porker

Quote from: moses_007 on November 19, 2017, 11:37:17 pm
CBB:  Chuck, I called that play Brutha.

Chuck:  Well it sure as hell didn't work.

CBB:  I took Arkansas to places it had never been before.

Chuck:  Yeah, Bret, to the SEC Cellar. We've been looking for years for the right coach to get us there.

Chuck:  That will be your lasting legacy here, Brett.

You must have not been around in the 90's.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

tasteslikechicken

I noticed CBB was clean shaven. IIRC he's always done the No Shave November thing. Guess he's trying to look more presentable for his next employer.

JOKERHOG

BB wouldn't know how to do that
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

hawg1221

What happened to the PigTrail Nation Show last night?

Hoggish1

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 20, 2017, 07:18:54 am
^^^^^ This.  The football field was nothing more than a chess board for him. 

Yep, and the other place he hung out in was nothing but a chest board...

riccoar

Quote from: moses_007 on November 19, 2017, 11:37:17 pm

This was his only requirement by Jeff Long and why Long wouldn't can him. 

Grag T

Quote from: riccoar on November 20, 2017, 10:30:37 am
This was his only requirement by Jeff Long and why Long wouldn't can him. 

I've never really understood why it's a coaches responsibility to police over the players anyway.  Why then isn't it also their math instructor's job as well?  Psychology instructor?  biology instructor?

People are responsible to themselves for their behavior.  Coaches (and every other instructor) have plenty of other responsibilities besides making sure Billy Bob Dingdong isn't out there doing something dumb.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

DeltaBoy

I fast forward thought the LSU one then deleted it!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.