Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You guys want to see us go to a 5-7 Bowl Game if we can upset Mizzu?

Started by Hollywood870, November 19, 2017, 08:04:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood870

With an interim coach I'll assume. I do. Always willing to watch another game.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Absolutely.
The extra practice time for next years returning players is worth it alone...
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

Dwight_K_Shrute

It's not going to happen, our APR is not high enough.  Several other 5-7 schools would get chose before us.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ShadowTheHedgehog

The extra practice is a valid point. I don't see that happening. If they can guarantee a really horrible opponent in a toiled bowl, I may go just to watch a Hog win.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 19, 2017, 08:09:25 pm
It's not going to happen, our APR is not high enough.  Several other 5-7 schools would get chose before us.
But I thought we were top dog in the SEC as far as academics. That's why I asked.

Tusker4life

Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

jgphillips3

Mizzou is going to beat us something like 52-35 so it really won't matter.  But yeah, APR isn't good enough and who the hell is going to go to a 5-7 bowl game?

Cassperr

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 19, 2017, 08:18:36 pm
Mizzou is going to beat us something like 52-35 so it really won't matter.  But yeah, APR isn't good enough and who the hell is going to go to a 5-7 bowl game?

depending on location/opponent. im always down to go watch the hogs play.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

FaytownHog

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

NuttinItUp

It is not by conference, it is if they have any slots left, then they go in order of APR. We would need to beat out other 5-7 teams for the 1-4 spots that were available.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hollywood870 on November 19, 2017, 08:04:13 pm

Yea, Bret's been gone.  Wanted a win vsMSU... really want a win vs MU.

Dr. Starcs

Mizzou started this downfall. At least that's the game I point to. Would love to get revenge on them and then send Bielema on his way.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 19, 2017, 10:00:00 pm
Mizzou started this downfall. At least that's the game I point to. Would love to get revenge on them and then send Bielema on his way.

That would be kind of a nice bookend to things.

moses_007

No.  Shouldn't even be talked about here, or anywhere else.  This team is horrible.

BadHog

I hope they win this last game - for the players. For momentum into next season. And yes, if they can make a bowl appearance more power to them. I cannot say I will have any interest but I get that any post season is better than none.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

BroyledNutts

Why not ... give those about to leave the program one last shot at going out a winner ...

247Hog

If our new coach is able to come in and coach the bowl game yes...if not...NO.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

TeufelHog

Not going to have to be concerned with this one.  Mizzou is gong to beat us handily.

imtad16

Quote from: Dr. Sheldon Cooper on November 19, 2017, 08:05:40 pm
Absolutely.

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 19, 2017, 09:57:38 pm
this

Yep Let's get the practice time for the young guys. Plus, more opportunity for new coach to evaluate players up close.

TNRazorbacker

Won't happen. Piss poor APR score and there won't be that many 5-7 slots. If Vandy beats TN they might have a shot at one.

Hogwarrior

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!  APR is too low!  But, to answer your question, NO!

ICEman

Extra practice is over-rated for this team. It is similar to the ole saying "I have 20 years of experience, 1 year repeated 20 times." With this staff, the team would be repeating poor playing techniques 15 extra times.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hollywood870 on November 19, 2017, 08:13:09 pm
But I thought we were top dog in the SEC as far as academics. That's why I asked.

No. We are doing better than we have ever done, but we are like middle of the pack in the SEC.

hawaiianhogster

Mizz is SECE so the Hogs gotta chance at this one. Not expecting a win but it is possible. It depends on the players now that they know their head coach is done for will they play their best or just show up and watch?

The Kig

We won't win...but no, I NEVER want to be in a bowl at 5-7.  Most disgusting money grab in football was allowing teams with losing records into bowls.
Poker Porker

Wild Bill Hog

sickboy

cosmodrum

You always take the extra practice time, but it's a moot point for us.
Go away, batin'

Rzback

Quote from: Dr. Sheldon Cooper on November 19, 2017, 08:05:40 pm
Absolutely.
for the extra practice time and a trip for the players
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: sickboy on November 20, 2017, 01:59:42 am
If they play a game, I watch. No qualifiers.

This.  Yeah....I'll watch.  At least 'till I can't stand it any more. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HoggyCat

Won't happen.  Too many potential 5-7 schools with higher APR ahead of us
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Hollywood870 on November 19, 2017, 08:13:09 pm

Try 10th in SEC alone, like 75th overall.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

007 License To Squeal

and get more players injured?  I'm not sure the benefits would outweigh the cost.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

cjack

If they get rid of Bielema, yes.  There has still been no announcement that he will not return.  Until there is, I still worry that he will be here driving the bus further downhill.  I know any idiot can see he's not coming back, but there are a lot of people that thought he should be gone a long time before now and nothing happened.  Until an announcement is made, like Bielema said he's under contract.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

jst01

Heck no. Fire Bret. Signify some closure and hope and move on.

SquidBilly

If it was an option and the players wanted to play then I say yes.  Above all else those guys are the ones that have been working their tails off all year.  With all the negative that's gone on this year I'd feel good about the guys getting a little reward for their efforts.  It's not their fault that the coaching staff has let us all down, including them.

Hogarusa

Not sure how extra practice will help with a coaching change. 2 extra weeks to practice a lame duck play book
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

roothawg

hogsolutely

Hahahaha! how cute!  You act like we have a chance against Missouri.  It would be a shear act of Luck for us to win that game.  I feel if MO can hang 60 on us they will.  4-9 am the winds of change blow like a hurricane!

Jimmy

Unfortunately, UA's APR is not what Long would have us believe.  Even if we go 5-7, we are too low in the APR ratings to get a bowl bid.   

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Jimmy on November 20, 2017, 12:03:08 pm
Unfortunately, UA's APR is not what Long would have us believe.  Even if we go 5-7, we are too low in the APR ratings to get a bowl bid.
What did Long lead you to believe?

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

majp51

Quote from: Hollywood870 on November 19, 2017, 08:04:13 pm

well here is the thing. that is more practices to help the players into habits that are bad, or not wanted by the next coach. So given that, I think it would be better if the answer is no.

Now if the powers that be plan on keeping CBB for one more year of misery, then yes, because the extra practices might somehow turn out something good.

HognotinMemphis

Not possible. APR is not high enough relative to other 5-7 programs. Hogs are home for the holidays this year regardless of Friday outcome. Fitting for Bielema's last year...no bowl. Someone buy him a dog food bowl.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hog in Iowa

No, nothing to be gained.  Seems like everyone's ready for it to end for the year.  Extra practice time didn't help last year and I don't see much benefit this year.  If UAF was to go to a bowl this year not many Arkansans would travel to it since it wouldn't mean much.  Let it come to an end after Friday.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.