Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A few notes from rivals

Started by Music City Hog, August 30, 2015, 10:37:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1796966

Cliffs notes

Jordan Carmouche's top 4:
Stanford, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri make up his list and all four are in line to receive official visits during the season

Tyrie Cleveland trimming top 10 to a top 5 soon. 
"Right now I'm looking at Ole Miss, A&M still, TCU, Arkansas, Florida. I should have a top five coming out probably next week or so," Cleveland said.

Kyle Porter:  Katy (Texas) Rivals250 running back Kyle Porter mentioned Oregon, Arkansas, Baylor, TCU and Texas as schools who are recruiting him the hardest.

Oh and Chris Daniels will announce his top 5 and the schools he will officially visit today. 

ldfergu

When did Cleveland say that? He released a top 5 to ESPN a couple weeks ago that didn't inude Arkansas.  I get the feeling he is in wait and see mode for us.

Music City Hog

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on August 30, 2015, 10:46:00 am
When did Cleveland say that? He released a top 5 to ESPN a couple weeks ago that didn't inude Arkansas.  I get the feeling he is in wait and see mode for us.

Well the article was today so I am guessing he said it yesterday?

zane

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on August 30, 2015, 10:46:00 am

The Ricky Town effect?
RIP LSUfan

jjdlc

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 30, 2015, 10:37:38 am
Oh and Chris Daniels will announce his top 5 and the schools he will officially visit today.

As we still haven't offered (waiting on test score), I doubt we make his top 5.  It such a strange situation, I really do believe we have a decent chance with him if we offer, but with the extremely good depth at DL we are seeing in this recruiting class, we absolutely cannot gamble on him, we have to wait for that ACT score.

scruf

Cliffs notes

Stanford, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri make up his list and all four are in line to receive official visits during the season

"Right now I'm looking at Ole Miss, A&M still, TCU, Arkansas, Florida. I should have a top five coming out probably next week or so," Cleveland said.

Kyle Porter:  Katy (Texas) Rivals250 running back Kyle Porter mentioned Oregon, Arkansas, Baylor, TCU and Texas as schools who are recruiting him the hardest.

Thanks for the rundown MCH! +1

redeye

For some reason I can't explain, I'm not surprised we're suddenly in Cleveland's top-5 again.  When everyone was ready to write him off, I kept saying that I wouldn't.  Just a gut feeling on my part.

Thanks MCH!

jgphillips3

Quote from: zane on August 30, 2015, 10:49:31 am
The Ricky Town effect?

When you show you are committed enough to the passing game to get a 5 star QB like Town that WANTS to play in a TRUE pro style offense, I have to believe that makes a LOT of difference to these recruits.

presidenthog

Cliffs notes

THIS IS HUGE! I was so upset over not getting a look with tyrie. I really want this guy!

redeye

Quote from: jgphillips3 on August 30, 2015, 04:55:34 pm
When you show you are committed enough to the passing game to get a 5 star QB like Town that WANTS to play in a TRUE pro style offense, I have to believe that makes a LOT of difference to these recruits.

That's an angle I hadn't thought about.  I usually don't put much stock into ideas that recruits will flock to you, if you sign a certain player, but signing a high-profile QB like Town could help with receivers, if for no other reason then it gives some sense that we plan on throwing the ball.

presidenthog

Quote from: redeye on August 30, 2015, 07:06:39 pm
That's an angle I hadn't thought about.  I usually don't put much stock into ideas that recruits will flock to you, if you sign a certain player, but signing a high-profile QB like Town could help with receivers, if for no other reason then it gives some sense that we plan on throwing the ball.
I promise you that big time recruits flock together. it's very rare a team gets 1 HUGE commit and not anyone else. when you get a big time player it gets recruits attention.

redeye

Quote from: presidenthog on August 30, 2015, 07:35:45 pm
I promise you that big time recruits flock together. it's very rare a team gets 1 HUGE commit and not anyone else. when you get a big time player it gets recruits attention.

I'm not saying it never works that way, but just not as much as some of us think.  Every year, someone will say that if we get xyz, then recruits will flock to Arkansas, but it never works that way for us.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: redeye on August 30, 2015, 10:43:05 pm
I'm not saying it never works that way, but just not as much as some of us think.  Every year, someone will say that if we get xyz, then recruits will flock to Arkansas, but it never works that way for us.
Perhaps not; then again, with the increased "buzz" around big time recruits now willing to give the Hill a serious "look-see" one has to believe the word is definitely being spread. While we still more than our share of misses, more than we'd all like any ways, you have to be encouraged at the trend. The fact that White is still willing to apparently take one of his officials to NWA, the recent attraction of Towns to the program from USCw, and the fact that several highly rated, previously committed kids (to other programs that is) are still willing to still consider the Hogs  gives me encouragement. BTW take into account too that kids on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL are looking us over. A far cry from a few seasons ago when a kid-say with great defensive skills-often ignored us because we seemed (to them) to have little to offer......Recruiting, like any journey, has to begin with a first few steps. No doubt in my mind we're well on our way to not only a destination for bigger, better players, but for the truly exceptional kids, both in skill set and in character.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

redeye

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 31, 2015, 07:21:21 am
Perhaps not; then again, with the increased "buzz" around big time recruits now willing to give the Hill a serious "look-see" one has to believe the word is definitely being spread. While we still more than our share of misses, more than we'd all like any ways, you have to be encouraged at the trend. The fact that White is still willing to apparently take one of his officials to NWA, the recent attraction of Towns to the program from USCw, and the fact that several highly rated, previously committed kids (to other programs that is) are still willing to still consider the Hogs  gives me encouragement. BTW take into account too that kids on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL are looking us over. A far cry from a few seasons ago when a kid-say with great defensive skills-often ignored us because we seemed (to them) to have little to offer......Recruiting, like any journey, has to begin with a first few steps. No doubt in my mind we're well on our way to not only a destination for bigger, better players, but for the truly exceptional kids, both in skill set and in character.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Yea, I most definitely agree.  Well said!

We've generated more interest each year under Bielema.  It wasn't long ago that simply getting a 4* player to visit was considered a major accomplishment.  No doubt that we're making big strides with recruiting.

ChicoHog

redeye

Quote from: ChicoHog on August 31, 2015, 09:21:31 pm
Any word on Daniels top 5?

I haven't seen anything on it.  Don't see anything on his twitter feed and can't find any articles about it, so I assume it didn't happen.