Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Per Danny West Agim set to announce Sept. 5

Started by 870hogfan, August 24, 2015, 09:19:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsfan31

Quote from: Arkiebarkie on August 24, 2015, 04:17:14 pm
        I will not hold my breath on this one. Texas boy visiting schools where most of his family lives. I think he's in love with Baylor. Good Luck to this class young man where ever he goes. WPS!

Texas boy who grew up loving and rooting for OU football. Id be highly surprised if it's Baylor. If he picks a Texas school it would be A&M.

COCHISE

Quote from: Arkiebarkie on August 24, 2015, 04:17:14 pm
        I will not hold my breath on this one. Texas boy visiting schools where most of his family lives. I think he's in love with Baylor. Good Luck to this class young man where ever he goes. WPS!
He'd play in Texas plenty if he chooses the Hogs.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 24, 2015, 11:01:29 am
just to give finnebaum something to talk about while the whole country is watching SEC Nation from Fayetteville(where the hogs just picked up a FIVE *)
Of course there was the DL from Springdale a couple years ago that kinda did the opposite. How much playing time is he getting?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: JaketheSnake on August 24, 2015, 05:42:12 pm
Of course there was the DL from Springdale a couple years ago that kinda did the opposite. How much playing time is he getting?
about the same as he'll get for the rest of his days. He is a victim of Saban's favorite move- create "depth" with out of state players that would have played for your rivals.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Razoryak

Woo Pig

hawgXi

Quote from: collegestationhog on August 24, 2015, 01:32:48 pm
From what im hearing here in College station  is Ags are pretty confident they will get him. He is supposedly very high on A&M academics and what being an aggie can do for him after his football playing days are over. No significant source,  just people talking.

Gotta call BS on this claim.

I've lived in arkansas for quite a while & met only ONE live aggie.

So how much is being an aggie gonna help him after the NFL unless he moves to texas??

Being an ag doesnt mean much anywhere else

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: collegestationhog on August 24, 2015, 01:32:48 pm
From what im hearing here in College station  is Ags are pretty confident they will get him. He is supposedly very high on A&M academics and what being an aggie can do for him after his football playing days are over. No significant source,  just people talking.

When people in Texas use the term "Aggie math", it's not a compliment.

Arkamedes

I think our coaching staff has done everything possible to get Mr. Agim to commit to the Hogs and I hope we get him. However, I can't help but be a little concerned that he's making his announcement at his family reunion. Does anyone know where the reunion is and whether most of his family are from texas or Arkansas?

He's been a class act and I wish him the best wherever he decides to go but it would be really nice if he decides to call the Hogs! Woo Pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

redeye

Quote from: Arkamedes on August 24, 2015, 11:19:00 pm
I think our coaching staff has done everything possible to get Mr. Agim to commit to the Hogs and I hope we get him. However, I can't help but be a little concerned that he's making his announcement at his family reunion. Does anyone know where the reunion is and whether most of his family are from texas or Arkansas?

He's been a class act and I wish him the best wherever he decides to go but it would be really nice if he decides to call the Hogs! Woo Pig!

I think the reunion is in Texarkana and I would guess that most of his family are from Texas.  Having said that, he grew up an OU fan around DFW, I believe, and I don't think A&M is much different from Arkansas in that part of the state.

Arkamedes

Thank you, Redeye. Well, let's just hope the Agim family is planning to gather around a big screen and watch the Hogs that day. Woo Pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

CattleCorn

Quote from: redeye on August 24, 2015, 11:57:42 pm
I think the reunion is in Texarkana and I would guess that most of his family are from Texas.  Having said that, he grew up an OU fan around DFW, I believe, and I don't think A&M is much different from Arkansas in that part of the state.

Texarkana, you say?  At a park, perhaps?  Think, man!

Dwight_K_Shrute

My theory is if you are this big of a home state guy in such a small state that is all Razorback from border to border, and you are not going to Arkansas you do not announce early.  If you have say decided on Ole Miss for example just wait and commit once football season ends.  If you say on September 5th with a big smile on your face I'm going to be an Ole Miss Rebel you are going to catch hell at every FB game event etc.  If you are doing it as to not keep the home state coaches hanging you can signal to them you aren't choosing Arkansas without actually announcing.

That's why I'm thinking this is a good sign for the Razorbacks.  Could be wishful thinking but just a theory.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

LRHawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 25, 2015, 08:17:59 am
My theory is if you are this big of a home state guy in such a small state that is all Razorback from border to border, and you are not going to Arkansas you do not announce early.  If you have say decided on Ole Miss for example just wait and commit once football season ends.  If you say on September 5th with a big smile on your face I'm going to be an Ole Miss Rebel you are going to catch hell at every FB game event etc.  If you are doing it as to not keep the home state coaches hanging you can signal to them you aren't choosing Arkansas without actually announcing.

That's why I'm thinking this is a good sign for the Razorbacks.  Could be wishful thinking but just a theory.

I would agree, and reinforce that with my opinion that if I was choosing someone other than the Razorbacks but had a good relationship with the coaches and players (he does), I wouldn't choose the day of college gameday being in town to announce I'm going to another team and deflate their sails some. I would wait till after the season.

immahog

still in awe everytime I watch his tape. He walked guys down more than once that was 15-20 yrds in front of him.. most DL would have given up on the play .... call the hogs Agim ...WooPig
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

CattleCorn

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 25, 2015, 08:17:59 am

I like it!  +1.  I have no idea if recruits think it through the way you did, but after listening to you, that's the way I'd do it.  Here's to hoping Agim is getting advice as good as yours :-)   :razorback:

Might be looking into this too much, but looked at his top 4 schools game times.

Baylor plays friday. Takes the luster out of the commitment when no one will talk about a stud commit throughout the game.

Unfortunately I feel like 930 is pretty early, unless you have a deadline ole miss plays at 1200 arkansas at 3 and a&m at 7. Hopefully ole pi$$ didnt buy another one.

Probably just over thinking it, it is his family reunion.

Huds_HawgTide

Im going with my gut on this one...arkansas!
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

gmarv

I,m going with him going to Arkansas,because why in the world would anybody choose any of those schools over my hogs..

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Russ22

Quote from: hawgXi on August 24, 2015, 10:02:30 pm
Gotta call BS on this claim.

I've lived in arkansas for quite a while & met only ONE live aggie.

So how much is being an aggie gonna help him after the NFL unless he moves to texas??

Being an ag doesnt mean much anywhere else
Sorry, if you went to the UofA, then a ton of your professors were/are A&M grads. If you have a vet, it's probably a 35% chance that he/she is an Aggie. In NWA, the A&M club is pretty large because Wal-Mart and Tyson hire a bunch of A&M grads every year.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Waldron_Hog

Quote from: Russ22 on August 25, 2015, 12:24:05 pm
Sorry, if you went to the UofA, then a ton of your professors were/are A&M grads. If you have a vet, it's probably a 35% chance that he/she is an Aggie. In NWA, the A&M club is pretty large because Wal-Mart and Tyson hire a bunch of A&M grads every year.

Well, I didn't figure the cashiers went to the corporate office that much.

ricepig

My vet's are all from MSU, couldn't get the Aggie from "playing" with the animal.

Russ22

A person from Waldron would think that cashiers/store managers are all that work at Walmart. However, the corporate office think differently:

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/wal-mart-s-corporate-headquarters-finds-value-in-texas-a/article_9d64880f-828c-5db6-9f8e-ca074058ea6a.html
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

ricepig

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on August 25, 2015, 12:38:15 pm
Well, I didn't figure the cashiers went to the corporate office that much.

Greeters, the math would mess up the Aggies too much.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: TM Hog on August 24, 2015, 10:06:40 am
I'm really nervous about this one.  We really need him! All, I can say is whatever he decides I feel confident that this coaching staff did all they could do.  As a recent receiver commitment said, this staff is relentless in recruiting.  Go Hogs!

This.. +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on August 25, 2015, 12:42:11 pm
My vet's are all from MSU, couldn't get the Aggie from "playing" with the animal.

The same school but different states... MSu's ROTC program is under control. aTm is just guhey..!  "Not that there's anything wrong with that"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Russ22 on August 25, 2015, 12:42:26 pm
A person from Waldron would think that cashiers/store managers are all that work at Walmart. However, the corporate office think differently:

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/wal-mart-s-corporate-headquarters-finds-value-in-texas-a/article_9d64880f-828c-5db6-9f8e-ca074058ea6a.html

Who else are they going to test their products on?  Testing on animals is inhumane!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 0179 on August 25, 2015, 10:24:41 am
Might be looking into this too much, but looked at his top 4 schools game times.

Baylor plays friday. Takes the luster out of the commitment when no one will talk about a stud commit throughout the game.

Unfortunately I feel like 930 is pretty early, unless you have a deadline ole miss plays at 1200 arkansas at 3 and a&m at 7. Hopefully ole pi$$ didnt buy another one.

Probably just over thinking it, it is his family reunion.
you are on the right track. what time does the SEC Nation show start....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 25, 2015, 04:42:52 pm
you are on the right track. what time does the SEC Nation show start....

Lucky for us show starts at 10am dont want to jinx it but sounds good from my point of view

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 0179 on August 25, 2015, 05:46:28 pm
Lucky for us show starts at 10am dont want to jinx it but sounds good from my point of view
sounds like something a marketing major would set up.  ;D :razorback:
@Slackaveli

The Hawg Marshal

The 5th is also my birthday. It won't make or break the day for me if he picks the Hogs , but it would be a sweet  bonus.

RME

Hm. Even took me 5 years to finish (that's a lot of classes) and across 2 majors, I never had an Aggie professor.

ChiTown27

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 26, 2015, 09:30:05 am
Hm. Even took me 5 years to finish (that's a lot of classes) and across 2 majors, I never had an Aggie professor.

I was there 8 years.... zero Aggie GAs or Assistant Profs or Profs.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 26, 2015, 09:30:05 am

Quote from: ChiTown27 on August 26, 2015, 01:30:00 pm
I was there 8 years.... zero Aggie GAs or Assistant Profs or Profs.

You guys probably went to the OTHER UofA.  Just a guess.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

RME

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 26, 2015, 01:57:39 pm
You guys probably went to the OTHER UofA.  Just a guess.

Meh, guess again. And again, notice I said two majors. Tough to finish in four years flat with that. BUT, that's all beside the point. Aaaaand these responses have drifted far from the original thread.

Hawk

I once watched 2 aggie engineer's, by degree, try to put up a 20'x20' tent. It took them around 4 hours to complete their task. I've watched uneducated immigrants do the same thing in around 40 minutes.

Tells me all I need, or want, to know about aggie education.  :razorback:

ricepig

Quote from: Hawk on August 26, 2015, 04:40:09 pm
I once watched 2 aggie engineer's, by degree, try to put up a 20'x20' tent. It took them around 4 hours to complete their task. I've watched uneducated immigrants do the same thing in around 40 minutes.

Tells me all I need, or want, to know about aggie education.  :razorback:

This explains a lot.

https://twitter.com/Robert_White14/status/636632910813003776

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

GolfnHog

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 25, 2015, 06:46:40 pm
sounds like something a marketing major would set up.  ;D :razorback:
Coach B has a degree in Marketing. hmmmmm :D

redeye

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on August 25, 2015, 09:19:54 pm
The 5th is also my birthday. It won't make or break the day for me if he picks the Hogs , but it would be a sweet  bonus.

I sincerely hope you get everything you want for your birthday.   ;D

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: redeye on August 26, 2015, 07:59:16 pm
I sincerely hope you get everything you want for your birthday.   ;D
Thank you. It would be nice. WPS

razorbacker3

Agim will be a hog! How do he know you say?

He is an UNCOMMON man. Where else would he go?

immahog

What happen to the thread with the other schools boards on it. I would like to see what the are saying and how they feel about Agim
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

jry04

Went to the U of A for 7 years. 2 different undergrad majors, and my master's degree. Had 1 professor from A&M.

Wildhog

Most of the vets I know are LSU or AU alums. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

woodhog14

Quote from: 0179 on August 25, 2015, 05:46:28 pm

SEC Nation starts at 9am central every Saturday during football season. It runs from 9 to 11.  ;)