Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kendall Williams (2015 RB)

Started by scruf, August 21, 2015, 03:04:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

August 21, 2015, 03:04:21 pm Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:07:35 pm by scruf
RB Kendall Williams, 6'1", 215lbs, 4.4, (Butte College, CA; North Little Rock HS) is having trouble transferring some of his JUCO coursework into Iowa State. While there's no official word on his status with that program, he recently reached out to Boise State and Arkansas. He could be a potential late addition to the roster as a walk-on if everything shakes out just right for the Hogs. Was a JUCO AA as a freshman before a hip injury held him out last year so he would have 3 years to play 3. Will update this thread as appropriate.

JUCO highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/512249/highlights/69408375/v2

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/KendallF28

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

scruf

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 21, 2015, 03:10:21 pm
here we go again!

+1

I know, I know. It's just interesting that he's still out there and he just started following EK Franks. He's the same player who had an alternate private Twitter account that he used to PM Coach B with last January. The timing couldn't be any better.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: scruf on August 21, 2015, 03:12:30 pm
I know, I know. It's just interesting that he's still out there and he just started following EK Franks. He's the same player who had an alternate private account that he used to PM Coach B on last January. The timing couldn't be any better.
i wasn't being sarcastic. I hope it turns out like RT. Doing some digging now.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

scruf

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 21, 2015, 03:13:43 pm
i wasn't being sarcastic. I hope it turns out like RT. Doing some digging now.
Cool, yeah, I didn't think you were but I did take some heat last spring when I suggested that he could be a late add.

scruf

scruf

Pig in the Pokey

redeye

JackJohnson

Quote from: Uncommon on August 21, 2015, 03:14:43 pm
He is not going to be accepted at Iowa State.

http://iowastate.247sports.com/Board/101486/Contents/Kendall-Williams-38825753

https://twitter.com/ISUonScout/status/634055643423469568

I guess we'll see.

I have no idea about Iowa St and their requirements.  However I DO know that the SEC specifically has more stringent JC transfer requirements then the B12.  If he isn't eligible there I have a hard time thinking he would be eligible here- maybe not the school but the SEC, or both I suppose.

That being said IF he would be eligible and IF he is willing to walk on then I would hope we would entertain the idea of taking him IF everything in his background meets everything we are looking for

scruf

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 21, 2015, 03:31:58 pm
I have no idea about Iowa St and their requirements.  However I DO know that the SEC specifically has more stringent JC transfer requirements then the B12.  If he isn't eligible there I have a hard time thinking he would be eligible here- maybe not the school but the SEC, or both I suppose.

That being said IF he would be eligible and IF he is willing to walk on then I would hope we would entertain the idea of taking him IF everything in his background meets everything we are looking for

+1  Well stated. I'm not sure about his transfer course work at Iowa State vs Arkansas. He does seem to be uncommon by all other accounts.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

GB-Razorback

Heck of a resume for a potential walk on!
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

sooiepig_12

Is he good enough to step in as the third man and allow us to redshirt Williams III?

Seebs

Quote from: sooiepig_12 on August 21, 2015, 05:06:01 pm
Is he good enough to step in as the third man and allow us to redshirt Williams III?

When you go 'All in' you don't leave chipos behind. RWIII is playing a LOT this year.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

scruf

If he would've went through fall camp, maybe. Without fall camp, definitely not.

factchecker

He is following E.K. Franks (Razorback Football Recruiting Director) on twitter.

As of now, there are no Razorback coaches/staff members following him back.   

I am seeing some Hog fans following him- probably some Hogvillians.  :)

Not sure about academic requirements at Iowa State but he might be stuck in limbo until he gets his academics in order.

Here is his highlights via YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUrOwhu84Wg
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

lefty08

Without looking it up, im almost certain the requirements at Iowa St are higher than at Arkansas
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ChicoHog

I live near Butte and my youngest attends school there (fall semester starts Monday).  I'll see if I can find out anything.  I think he still has some friends playing football there. 

Tusks

So did he share carries with twonickels or juan day?

He runs great in traffic, but who was the leading rusher for NLR when he was doing all his highlights?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tusked on August 21, 2015, 10:59:45 pm
So did he share carries with twonickels or juan day?

He runs great in traffic, but who was the leading rusher for NLR when he was doing all his highlights?
he was there with he who's name i won't say who took the yankee's money and sold out his state and best friend, i do believe. Wasn't this the kid committed to Arizona?

scruf

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 21, 2015, 11:33:50 pm
he was there with he who's name i won't say who took the yankee's money and sold out his state and best friend, i do believe. Wasn't this the kid committed to Arizona?
He was committed to Arizona up until December or January (2014/2015)

scruf

Quote from: factchecker on August 21, 2015, 05:53:45 pm
He is following E.K. Franks (Razorback Football Recruiting Director) on twitter.

As of now, there are no Razorback coaches/staff members following him back.   

I am seeing some Hog fans following him- probably some Hogvillians.  :)

Not sure about academic requirements at Iowa State but he might be stuck in limbo until he gets his academics in order.

Here is his highlights via YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUrOwhu84Wg
Yeah, Richard Davenport may be able to find out what's going on, he follows him on Twitter. He and Tyler Phillips are also friends. Kendall has another account but I can't remember the handle. kdub530 or something like that. He used it to PM CBB. (both account followed each other) It's in another Kendall Williams thread on here somewhere.

orgkeith

He was a FB until Day got injured in the 2nd or 3rd game of the year.  He took over and had a big season.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: orgkeith on August 22, 2015, 07:15:04 am
He was a FB until Day got injured in the 2nd or 3rd game of the year.  He took over and had a big season.
there it is. i remember wondering if he'd get a sniff. guess we'd take him now and probably always would have as a walk-on.

ChicoHog

Quote from: scruf on August 22, 2015, 04:37:56 am
He was committed to Arizona up until December or January (2014/2015)
That's correct.  I was playing in their annual golf fund raiser in June last year standing in the buffet line and some players were talking about him and that he had just committed the day before to AZ.  Not sure what happened there.  Maybe he didn't qualify or they cooled on him or he just changed his mind. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChicoHog on August 22, 2015, 09:36:28 am
That's correct.  I was playing in their annual golf fund raiser in June last year standing in the buffet line and some players were talking about him and that he had just committed the day before to AZ.  Not sure what happened there.  Maybe he didn't qualify or they cooled on him or he just changed his mind.
if he good enough for schollies at Arizona and IS-dub , than he good enough to walk-on here. woo piggy.

nwahogfan1

Why would you want to RS Rawleigh Williams.  No RB who is SEC quality is going to stay 5 years unless he comes in hurt.   RB's have a very short window anymore so they need to get out of College into making money ASAP. 

But I do agree with you that if Kendall Williams can come in a play then GREAT.  It would take some carries and some wear from Collins and give us that 4th option if any one else gets hurt.

I heard Juan will be ready to practice by October.  Anybody else hear that?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 22, 2015, 01:43:08 pm
Why would you want to RS Williams.  No RB who is SEC quality is going to stay 5 years unless he comes in hurt.   RB's have a very short window anymore so they need to get out of College into making money ASAP.
i see that as changing into more of a "can you help us now?" nfl deal and how many hits has he taken. i can see the 5th year RB who splits carries being the most attractive, certainly to some scouts they would think that.

redeye

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 22, 2015, 01:43:08 pm
I heard Juan will be ready to practice by October.  Anybody else hear that?

Yea, I heard it also.

DeltaHog66

Was told he could go no contact practice in two weeks..

jseinfeld50

Quote from: ChicoHog on August 22, 2015, 09:36:28 am

If he played 1 yr in Juco and redshirted his 2nd year in Juco, I guess he could not go another yr or one semester (2 1/2 yrs total ) to another Juco like Arkansas Baptist to get his needed credits. I suppose he could go to a Division 2 school for a semester or a year and then maybe try to walk on after this. Any ideas?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: scruf on August 22, 2015, 04:42:03 am
Yeah, Richard Davenport may be able to find out what's going on, he follows him on Twitter. He and Tyler Phillips are also friends. Kendall has another account but I can't remember the handle. kdub530 or something like that. He used it to PM CBB. (both account followed each other) It's in another Kendall Williams thread on here somewhere.

Sorry. Just saw this.

The SEC has a rule that your last three semesters have to be full time. Not the case here so it's no go.

scruf

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 26, 2015, 10:37:03 am
Sorry. Just saw this.

The SEC has a rule that your last three semesters have to be full time. Not the case here so it's no go.
Richard,

Thanks for clarifying. I hope he finds the opportunity he's looking for.