Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruits react to Town

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 21, 2015, 12:45:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huds_HawgTide

So, yeah, anymore recruits react to Funky Town...

*crickets chirping
*popcorn popping
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

chitwnhog

Quote from: jry04 on August 22, 2015, 08:06:19 pm
I do find it funny you bash the guy every chance you get (usually on twitter), but you would take the success he has seen in a heart beat with your Sun Belt show that very few listen to. People can agree or disagree with his opinion all day long, but he has a good show for the most part.

So much dumb on Hogville...

jry04

Quote from: Doug on August 22, 2015, 08:26:05 pm
I'll split this off later, probably into Vents and Rumors, but let me go ahead and respond, since you're attempting to take me to task here (and failing miserably). :)
LOVE the assumption you're making here. Here's the facts:

#1: TCR isn't *just* a radio show. It goes beyond that.

#2: My disdain for Slow Dumbingly predates even my desire to get into Sports Media... by about 5 years. Started in 2006. I started getting bit with the Sports Media side in 2011. The show itself (and my first media credential) didn't happen until August (September) 2013.

#3: I guess you missed the significance of "TWO CENTS". Go look up the euphamism

#4: Try as he might, Bo will never have a national platform. He just doesn't have the IT factor to pull it off. (I might or might not... but that's never been my focus nor my ultimate goal, either.)
Thank you. I refuse to suck up to anyone. I also refuse to be an absolute ass. In addition to those two, I refuse to be just another media hack.

My focus with TCR has always been to promote great things within coaches, players and fans. I've busted my ass building my relationships with Coaches, Players, Sports Information Directors and fans. I also provide coverage (passionately) for non P5 programs (heck, I'm covering 2 games (Southland vs Southern and C-USA vs Sun Belt), in two states, at two different DI levels, in less than 30 hours to start the season off).

jry04, what other assumptions have you made that I can chuckle at while clearing up? :)
Fail miserably? My only point is you want to be successful in media. Bo Mattingly, whether you agree with his opinions or not, has been majorly successful as a local radio show.

What you do is great, but you are nowhere near the level of Bo, whether you want to admit it or not. Again, I just find it hilarious when I see a lesser known "member of the media" bash someone far more successful than them, mostly because they don't agree with their approach/opinions.

Not trying to turn this into a pissing match. There is plenty that I see different about your post, but I won't get into it because it doesn't matter. Back to the topic.

jry04

Quote from: DawgTownHog on August 22, 2015, 09:20:45 pm
So much dumb on Hogville...
Yeah, I am so dumb because I said Bo is more successful. What was I thinking? I guess I should join the rest of Hogville and agree with everything the mods say, write off the team because Jwill was hurt, and scream fire Mike Anderson. Maybe then, I will be considered intelligent...

hawgXi

Quote from: jry04 on August 22, 2015, 09:30:43 pm
Yeah, I am so dumb because I said Bo is more successful. What was I thinking? I guess I should join the rest of Hogville and agree with everything the mods say, write off the team because Jwill was hurt, and scream fire Mike Anderson. Maybe then, I will be considered intelligent...
. Har

theFlyingHog

Quote from: jry04 on August 22, 2015, 09:28:32 pm
Fail miserably? My only point is you want to be successful in media. Bo Mattingly, whether you agree with his opinions or not, has been majorly successful as a local radio show.

What you do is great, but you are nowhere near the level of Bo, whether you want to admit it or not. Again, I just find it hilarious when I see a lesser known "member of the media" bash someone far more successful than them, mostly because they don't agree with their approach/opinions.

Not trying to turn this into a pissing match. There is plenty that I see different about your post, but I won't get into it because it doesn't matter. Back to the topic.
Bo was in the circle. There's his credential. Have you listened to the guy? He's awful

presidenthog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 23, 2015, 12:17:30 am
Bo was in the circle. There's his credential. Have you listened to the guy? He's awful
the circle? what the Nutt cronie circle?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Doug on August 22, 2015, 08:26:05 pm
I'll split this off later, probably into Vents and Rumors, but let me go ahead and respond, since you're attempting to take me to task here (and failing miserably). :)
LOVE the assumption you're making here. Here's the facts:

#1: TCR isn't *just* a radio show. It goes beyond that.

#2: My disdain for Slow Dumbingly predates even my desire to get into Sports Media... by about 5 years. Started in 2006. I started getting bit with the Sports Media side in 2011. The show itself (and my first media credential) didn't happen until August (September) 2013.

#3: I guess you missed the significance of "TWO CENTS". Go look up the euphamism

#4: Try as he might, Bo will never have a national platform. He just doesn't have the IT factor to pull it off. (I might or might not... but that's never been my focus nor my ultimate goal, either.)
Thank you. I refuse to suck up to anyone. I also refuse to be an absolute ass. In addition to those two, I refuse to be just another media hack.

My focus with TCR has always been to promote great things within coaches, players and fans. I've busted my ass building my relationships with Coaches, Players, Sports Information Directors and fans. I also provide coverage (passionately) for non P5 programs (heck, I'm covering 2 games (Southland vs Southern and C-USA vs Sun Belt), in two states, at two different DI levels, in less than 30 hours to start the season off).

jry04, what other assumptions have you made that I can chuckle at while clearing up? :)
How is that a euphemism? Would that mean your show is only worth 1 cent? ;)

I've never liked Bo and have always rooted against him, but he does have a decent show. Not that I ever listen to it or anything.