Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ricky Town to Arkansas Official

Started by Hey Super, August 21, 2015, 11:14:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog N Bama

Welcome to Arkansas Ricky Town! Glad you are a HOG WPS! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

WildRazorback

Quote from: staffhog on August 21, 2015, 01:46:38 pm
If I were a QB wanting to play pro-style, we would be 1st choice.  Is there another program who has been as solid about the direction the program is headed.

No one has made the statement as clear as us.   We have served notice that we are murder in the trenches.   As a result, the rest is falling into place.

Any negativity about Ricky is pure speculation and probably the result of media bias toward certain marquee schools.  This is a big win-win for the Hogs.

I can't wait to see how he progresses with us

Michigan State and Stanford are both very successful pro-style offenses. Respectable teams as well. Love the way Dantonio, at MSU, plays football.

redeye

Quote from: carolinahogger on August 21, 2015, 01:22:47 pm
That is not at all what was written in the excerpt which you quoted.

He didn't progress physically like some of the other top quarterbacks and he got passed up in the rankings because of that.

I quoted a quote of a quote.  Not sure what you're saying here.

PonderinHog

I can't wait to see what other positions he's capable of playing!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

;)

redeye

Quote from: GO on August 21, 2015, 02:01:39 pm
This is great news. I just wonder, did we have any contact with him at all during the recruiting process? Wondering what made him look our way. Doesn't seem he had a previous relationship with any of our coaches. That said we must be making a name for ourselves slowly but surely to have drawn interest from him. Hopefully other big names will be headed our way as well....Mr White!

None that I know about, but oddly, I remember reading about him last year and thinking he'd fit in well at Arkansas.  That's pretty much my only recollection about him.

TrueBlue

After the first bomb for a touchdown....

Ricky "Goes-Way-Down" Town for the TD...!

Hog N Bama

CBB is building something special on THE HILL!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TrueBlue on August 21, 2015, 03:04:45 pm
After the first bomb for a touchdown....

Ricky "Goes-Way-Down" Town for the TD...!
nice
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

LJHOG

Pigsfeat

Welcome aboard Ricky! Good pick-up for CBB. Interesting that someone commented on Yahoo, discussing RT coming to Arkansas, "Mo Money!" I guess everyone thinks that everyone else is cheating!?
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

Hogpkins

Bielema is looking very smart in saving a scholarship. When asked about the extra scholarship around signing day, he said he liked to have one in his pocket for when unique opportunities might present themselves. I'm not saying he had this specific recruit in mind (though it's possible), but he's right that you may get lucky when a star player decides to transfer and the competition is really watered down because most schools have used their allotment. 

nwahogfan1

I love Storey and want him to be better but I think competition is good for the both of them.  After watching the Utube video on Town he has to be ahead of Storey when it comes to QB knowledge of the game because of him playing in California big boy football.  If Storey can catch up and win the battle then wonderful.   

QB is the most important position on the team.   It needs a leader and a very talented and a great decision maker back there.

Woo Pigs.

redeye

Quote from: Hogpkins on August 21, 2015, 06:46:21 pm
Bielema is looking very smart in saving a scholarship. When asked about the extra scholarship around signing day, he said he liked to have one in his pocket for when unique opportunities might present themselves. I'm not saying he had this specific recruit in mind (though it's possible), but he's right that you may get lucky when a star player decides to transfer and the competition is really watered down because most schools have used their allotment.

Yea, excellent point!  I think Bielema would like to have a scholarship left over every year.

presidenthog

I honestly can't wait to hear an interview with this kid. I'd like for someone to get his view on arkansas and what he expected and what actually was here.

PonderinHog

Quote from: presidenthog on August 21, 2015, 07:26:35 pm
I honestly can't wait to hear an interview with this kid. I'd like for someone to get his view on arkansas and what he expected and what actually was here.
Shoes!  They actually wear shoes here!

WorfHog

WorfHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 21, 2015, 07:42:29 pm
Shoes!  They actually wear shoes here!

He can hang out with Blake Johnson our new punter, another Californian.

Razoryak

Quote from: WorfHog on August 21, 2015, 09:11:43 pm
Welcome Dick Town!

Shortened version of the recruiting process, but I get it
Woo Pig