Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats the chance Cole Kelley decommits if we get Town?

Started by rangertaunton, August 20, 2015, 11:21:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

Quote from: Seebs on August 21, 2015, 12:28:31 pm
_________ is our best quarterback. _______ is our second best and will play is _______ gets hurt or struggles.

I care not who's names are listed - just get them right.

That's for our coaches to figure out.  I'm just glad they have plenty of options.

hawginbigd1

RD reports as of Thursday, Town has no Impact on Kelley's commitment.

redeye

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 21, 2015, 01:15:44 pm
RD reports as of Thursday, Town has no Impact on Kelley's commitment.

That's good to hear, imo.

WorfHog

Everyone's talking about Rafe transferring but apparently he loves it here, think we'll see a position change ala AJ Derby?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WorfHog on August 21, 2015, 08:09:24 pm
Everyone's talking about Rafe transferring but apparently he loves it here, think we'll see a position change ala AJ Derby?
can he KICK????
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: WorfHog on August 21, 2015, 08:09:24 pm

He is an excellent Ath for a QB. But at this level I'm not sure he is a good enough Ath to play another position.

lefty08

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 21, 2015, 08:41:07 pm
He is an excellent Ath for a QB. But at this level I'm not sure he is a good enough Ath to play another position.

he can put on some weight and play FB
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HoggusMaximus

Can he atleast compete for the job before we hand it over to town over him?

WorfHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 21, 2015, 08:41:07 pm

I think the coaches could find a place for him. He's 100% all hog.

WorfHog

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on August 21, 2015, 09:28:51 pm

For sure, next Spring is going to be a blast.

Hognspace

lefty08

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on August 21, 2015, 09:28:51 pm

Im pretty sure the move to a different position thing was a joke

As a Hog fan i have zero allegiance to any of our QBs, except the one who is on the field. I couldnt care less which one wins the job, Arkansas boy or not, they are all Hogs to me
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ChicoHog

Love to see the competition.  On a side note I saw today that the #1 2017 QB committed to A&M.  And he is from Las Vegas.  A&M has become a trendy place to be thanks to Manziel.  They got top rated /very highly rated QBs in 2014 (Allen), 2015 (Murray) and now 2017.  I hope they lose every game (except Auburn and Mississippi!). 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChicoHog on August 21, 2015, 09:59:08 pm
Love to see the competition.  On a side note I saw today that the #1 2017 QB committed to A&M.  And he is from Las Vegas.  A&M has become a trendy place to be thanks to Manziel.  They got top rated /very highly rated QBs in 2014 (Allen), 2015 (Murray) and now 2017.  I hope they lose every game (except Auburn and Mississippi!).
Their stadium is bad arse. i gotta give them that. spit.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

scruf

Quote from: ChicoHog on August 21, 2015, 09:59:08 pm
Too bad they won't get any better in college in an offense that won't even prepare them for the NFL.

scruf

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 21, 2015, 10:52:15 pm
Their stadium is bad arse. i gotta give them that. spit.
Dem yellleaders doe

The definition of brainwashing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Xjrs2mqqE

and stupidity:

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 20, 2015, 03:14:36 pm
Probably drop down a level and be eligible right away. Say a UCA or some directional school.

They may want to think twice before seriously considering UCA.  They would have to earn the starting QB spot at UCA.  UCA's non-Senior QBs who are #2 and #3 on their QB depth list are the following.

A QB from Louisiana who during his Senior season of High School had a 68% completion rate, threw for 2,995 yards, and 25 TDs.

A 6'7" QB from Texas who threw for 3,044 yards and 33 TDs his Senior season of High School (2014).

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 22, 2015, 08:42:04 pm
They may want to think twice before seriously considering UCA.  They would have to earn the starting QB spot at UCA.  UCA's non-Senior QBs who are #2 and #3 on their QB depth list are the following.

A QB from Louisiana who during his Senior season of High School had a 68% completion rate, threw for 2,995 yards, and 25 TDs.

A 6'7" QB from Texas who threw for 3,044 yards and 33 TDs his Senior season of High School (2014).

Yeah, they're at UCA because they turned down SEC offers???

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2015, 08:44:20 pm
Yeah, they're at UCA because they turned down SEC offers???
UCA is a Clemson farm school.  Haven't you heard?

ricepig

nwahogfan1

Quote from: rangertaunton on August 20, 2015, 11:21:52 am
I'm going with 75%. That's a real logjam at the QB position if both come. May be a blessing in disguise though in opening up another spot to bring in another OL or LB or RB that I think we need in this class as opposed to having 5QB on roster next year

Why decommit?  Town is in the same class as Storey and one class ahead of Kelley so he knew there would be competition.   I assume Kelley knew he would not start for 2 or 3 years so that should be his goal.    Now,  I can see Storey leaving if Town beats him out in a year or two..   But this is the way it should be.  Constant competition only makes the team and the players stronger.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: WorfHog on August 21, 2015, 09:29:24 pm
I think the coaches could find a place for him. He's 100% all hog.

Maybe so, however that doesn't mean he would be good enough to play at that other position

Pig in the Pokey

BigSexyHog

Love the over freak out and all the armchair QB'S that know what all these players are thinking and know what they are going to do next.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room