Impact of Town in recruiting

Started by JackJohnson, August 20, 2015, 11:10:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

lefty08

Quote from: duckman on August 21, 2015, 09:17:45 am
Who reported no offer....

Everyone

Nobody is saying it won't come, and most seem to believe it will. But it hasn't yet by all accounts
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Philip Seaton

Always interesting to see who follows what on Twitter. Take it for it is worth, his dad just started following Arkansas Football in the past day.

Gawd I need to life :)

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

duckman

hawgwash

Quote from: duckman on August 21, 2015, 09:17:45 am
Who reported no offer....
In the Thursday Bits thread RD reported there was no offer as of 5:55 pm last night, but he thought one would come.  I think he said he felt 90% confident, but not 100%.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgwash on August 21, 2015, 09:42:50 am
In the Thursday Bits thread RD reported there was no offer as of 5:55 pm last night, but he thought one would come.  I think he said he felt 90% confident, but not 100%.
no offense to RD, but he was not out front on this and has said he doesn't really know. looking to RD on this one isn't gonna gain you any insight.
However, I am willing to trust that 90% b/c i put the same odds on it as he. Hoglock.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

lefty08

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 21, 2015, 09:44:10 am
no offense to RD, but he was not out front on this and has said he doesn't really know. looking to RD on this one isn't gonna gain you any insight.

He's right, listen to the anonymous random message board poster, not the guy earning a living being in the know
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: lefty08 on August 21, 2015, 09:45:37 am
He's right, listen to the anonymous random message board poster, not the guy earning a living being in the know
i'm not even trying to imply i know more than RD. I'm just saying I heard RD with my own ears say he didn't know crap about it wednesday and at that very minute EVEN I knew they were on their way up here so pardon me for not blindly following RD when he is saying I DON'T KNOW. What would be the point of that?
And I'm hardly random. Been here over a decade lol. #posthistory

RD does recruiting for a living so transfers aren't what he is usually studying about. I guess he's up to speed now b/c he says 90%. Everybody getting caught up on "is there an offer?" is missing the point. They either accept him or not. They aren't gonna put out a press release saying "Ark offers R. Town". hell, i don't even think that is legal w NCAA regs. Just relax. He's all Hog.
@Slackaveli

Erockster20

Quote from: Erockster20 on August 21, 2015, 04:27:41 am
On Rivals...Town was the #5 rated QB...Storey was #6...how does he help recruiting that Storey wouldn't?

I rarely, rarely pay attention to smite/applaud numbers....but someone smiled me for this?  Really?  As much as anything that was a compliment to Story. It's not like we signed a slouch in the same class.

Now with that said...if you are in the camp that Town has played better competition and is better prepared to be the better QB, then you are also basically saying that recruiting rankings don't matter. Right?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 21, 2015, 09:48:29 am
i'm not even trying to imply i know more than RD. I'm just saying I heard RD with my own ears say he didn't know crap about it wednesday and at that very minute EVEN I knew they were on their way up here so pardon me for not blindly following RD when he is saying I DON'T KNOW. What would be the point of that?
And I'm hardly random. Been here over a decade lol. #posthistory

RD does recruiting for a living so transfers aren't what he is usually studying about. I guess he's up to speed now b/c he says 90%. Everybody getting caught up on "is there an offer?" is missing the point. They either accept him or not. They aren't gonna put out a press release saying "Ark offers R. Town". hell, i don't even think that is legal w NCAA regs. Just relax. He's all Hog.

I will agree the school does not say we offered X,Y,Z.  Go back and read RD's or anyone's stuff.  They don't say Arkansas reported offering Player A.  It's either I've heard Ark offered or Player A reports receiving an offer.  Even when the kid gives a verbal the school/coaches can't comment.  The kid can say I'm committing to X.  Coaches usually just tweet "Getting more uncommon by the day" "Great news from Rooster Poot today building that fence".

So even if Coach B said "Ricky, we would like to offer you a scholarship, come here" we wouldn't know unless Town or family let that out.  Ricky may be in the thinking it over phase.  Coaches may have decided not to offer.  The fact that he watched 2 days of practice is a decent indication of mutual interest.  Time wouldn't be wasted on both sides if an offer wasn't already made or nearing
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Erockster20 on August 21, 2015, 09:57:05 am
I rarely, rarely pay attention to smite/applaud numbers....but someone smiled me for this?  Really?  As much as anything that was a compliment to Story. It's not like we signed a slouch in the same class.

Now with that said...if you are in the camp that Town has played better competition and is better prepared to be the better QB, then you are also basically saying that recruiting rankings don't matter. Right?

Smited for commenting on smites.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PonderinHog

Erockster20

swinemaster

Quote from: Erockster20 on August 21, 2015, 09:57:05 am

I didn't smite you because that's stupid.  BUT, if you're asking me then no.  Recruiting rankings don't matter in this case.  I put more stock in offers and level of competition than a few guys at Rivals making rankings.  I grew up playing football in Arkansas in the same class as Charleston.  I've been out in California and involved in High School football for the last 20 years.  There is no comparison.  I like Storey, a lot.  But he is not an elite prospect.  Town is.

I'm pretty sure Coach Enos knows this.  He should be applauded for making this happen.

If Town is here now.  We just got a lot better.  Period.

Huds_HawgTide

i dont smite much but when i do its cause i see your one with a positive rating and we dont have room for posters like that on here...if 95% of us are gonna be in the negative then we all should...except for ppl giving us the news like RD...he should never be smited
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

hawgwash

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 21, 2015, 09:44:10 am
However, I am willing to trust that 90% b/c i put the same odds on it as he. Hoglock.
I was just answering Duckman's question about who has reported no offer.  And RD didn't say he doesn't really know, he said no offer.  Here's his exact quote (sorry, I don't know how to link from another thread).

As of 5:55 he hadn't. Do I think he will? I say likely but not going to say it's 100%

I don't know where I got the 90% part.  I either read it somewhere else or dreamed it.

Huds_HawgTide

i believe i threw out the 90%...have no facts, just writing on the wall
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

hawginbigd1

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

some of the things I've been smited for are ludicrous but hell I've smited back just for fun, so we even
tommy boy

Cinco de Hogo

You guys making this too complicated, if he visited on his own dollar and the coaches allowed him into practice there is a 90% chance he has an offer on the table.

Common sense!

Actually I would put it at about 99.9% myself.

100% chance the ball is in his court.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 21, 2015, 10:34:34 am
some of the things I've been smited for are ludicrous but hell I've smited back just for fun, so we even

My Smites go up whether I post or not.  Some people have too much time on their hands.  Even if I had time I wouldn't bother with it, what a waste of ones life.

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 21, 2015, 10:41:15 am
You guys making this too complicated, if he visited on his own dollar and the coaches allowed him into practice there is a 90% chance he has an offer on the table.

Common sense!

Actually I would put it at about 99.9% myself.

100% chance the ball is in his court.

dude your way off subject, we be talking bout smites now
tommy boy

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 21, 2015, 10:44:08 am
dude your way off subject, we be talking bout smites now

Did you smite me for that?

Seebs

The best QB will play. If you believe that we are fine. Just make sure the best is on campus.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

PonderinHog

The thought of a duel threat frightens me to some extent.   :o

FraggleHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 21, 2015, 10:48:49 am

Town is Pro Style
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Seebs on August 21, 2015, 10:47:31 am
The best QB will play. If you believe that we are fine. Just make sure the best is on campus.

Question: Who's the best QB?

Answer:  The one the coach plays.

Dirty

Cinco de Hogo

I understand where your coming from, seems all the dual-threat QB are lacking in the mental department.

They all have to have those funny pictures on the sidelines to figure out what play to call.

I had much rather have a guy that can look at his wristband to make the call.

PonderinHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 21, 2015, 10:49:22 am
Town is Pro Style
I know.  I just don't want anyone to get shot.  "duel threat"  It's not near as funny when you have to explain it.

oldrazorband

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 21, 2015, 10:43:45 am
My Smites go up whether I post or not.  Some people have too much time on their hands.  Even if I had time I wouldn't bother with it, what a waste of ones life.

I've smited a couple of people by accident scrolling on my iPad.  I try to go back and even out the count but touch screens are a pain sometimes.

RazorWhacker

LOL. Just so you know someone got it.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 21, 2015, 11:02:05 am
I know.  I just don't want anyone to get shot.  "duel threat"  It's not near as funny when you have to explain it.

I assumed Town had slapped someone with a glove. Thanks for clearing that up. I was getting ready to clear the horses off the street.

presidenthog

my feelings on applauds and smites is everytime I get an applaud I was being a homer. everytime I got a smite I probably said something blunt and truthful and hurt someone's wittle feelers.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: presidenthog on August 21, 2015, 11:27:26 am
my feelings on applauds and smites is everytime I get an applaud I was being a homer. everytime I got a smite I probably said something blunt and truthful and hurt someone's wittle feelers.

You have to stop posting now or at least change your avatar.

The brunette in that pic looks just like my wife, and it's freaking me out!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 21, 2015, 11:02:05 am

I thought it was funny, btw.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: presidenthog on August 21, 2015, 11:27:26 am
+1 bunch of folks on here that don't like pragmatism.

JansterZ71

Quote from: duckman on August 20, 2015, 07:16:32 pm
That and USC is going to a dual threat type QB, not his forte, why don't you do a little background research before your talk out of your a$$....

Hmmmm might want to check into that.  Yes USC will have a "dual threat" QB but they still run a pro style offense.  Just means the guy can break out of the pocket when needed.  Also Ricky isn't slow by any means.  All I was saying is let's pump the breaks until he starts performing at a higher level in college.  I was not saying he stinks.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

LRHawg

I think now is a great time to get him, because it will be more fodder for discussion about our team as the season starts. We won't know if him or Ty will end up being the better QB but it's nothing but good news and will be more ammo for recruiting. To me it signals Enos' intentions on the passing game, and meow I'm even more excited to see how he utilizes our recievers.

meow.

lefty08

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 21, 2015, 12:18:44 pm
Hmmmm might want to check into that.  Yes USC will have a "dual threat" QB but they still run a pro style offense.  Just means the guy can break out of the pocket when needed.  Also Ricky isn't slow by any means.  All I was saying is let's pump the breaks until he starts performing at a higher level in college.  I was not saying he stinks.

done, as soon as your fans pump the brakes about your unproven starter in '15

hehawg

Not to be a negative Nancy but, does this news cause distractions amongst the QB group. I know BA will no longer be here after this year but does this cause any distractions?
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

redeye

Quote from: hehawg on August 21, 2015, 06:45:46 pm
Not to be a negative Nancy but, does this news cause distractions amongst the QB group. I know BA will no longer be here after this year but does this cause any distractions?

It was always doubtful that every QB we have would eventually start one day.  Now it's even more doubtful.  That's the nature of QB battles and QB battles are a good thing.

lefty08

Quote from: redeye on August 21, 2015, 07:26:11 pm
It was always doubtful that every QB we have would eventually start one day.  Now it's even more doubtful.  That's the nature of QB battles and QB battles are a good thing.

yep, and the best thing about QB battles is the best one always stays

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: lefty08 on August 21, 2015, 08:38:39 pm
yep, and the best thing about QB battles is the best one always stays
i like our chances with =4 4*s and a former 5 *. Surely one will become a BEAST.
@Slackaveli